Question regarding Guardians

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Darkwing Duck amused me greatly when I was younger...found it hilarious.

TaleSpin was fun too, but sometimes I wanted to whomp Baloo. Big time.

Anyone for Chin 'n Dale Rescue Rangers? :P

That and Gummy Bears was my two favorite Disney cartoons...Tee-hee.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:43 pm

Chip 'N' Dale!!!

I love The Rescuers ^_^ I survived on The Rescuers Down Under as a kid :P No wonder I'm Pagan.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:44 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Of what I know of totems and guides, of what mine have told me, although as anyone who channels will know that the information is subjective, Guides can and often are guides for more than one person. I have met an individual, and one of his major spirit Guides was Jesus, and surely he can't be a Guide for more than one person. Not bound by time/space/all the usual laws, they can be many places at once. Guides are still learning, too. It's not so much a lonliness thing, unless you are talking about those who pass on and come back as spirits to those they love to help them along, such as in a case where a wife will come back to help her husband along.

Totems are a marvellous type that really have astonished me through the years. They are animals - spirit of the animal itself. If I have say a duck totem, I do not have A duck totem, it is DUCK who is my totem animal. Then there are power animals. The totem animal is that which is you, in essence. There are bear people and there are cougar people and there are mouse people. All of these people also have power animals that come and go as lessons need to be learned. Some stay many, many years. A totem animal will not usually leave, unless there is something dramatic and/or very exceptional.

The thing that power animals and guides have in common is that they will come and go. They stay various lengths of time - sometimes entire lifetimes - but it all depends on how much you can learn from each other.

If your friend is feeling maliciousness, this is NOT a Guide. This is a spirit. And Guides/power/totem animals do not have "owners" but "partners" I believe is a better fitting word. I do not own my power animals. It is considered disrespectful to pet your power animals in the spirit world as you would your physical pet, although I must admit I have a different relationship with one of my power animals and we often hug and groom and play.

Once again, if the being is feeling malicious, this is NOT a Guide. Anything malicious should be removed from you IMMEDIATELY. They CAN be easily removed, without the drama of most extractions, but that takes a mindset that, honestly, often takes years to develop, and also somewhat of a relationship with your Guides.

There are many ceremonies available on this board and others. A helpful addition I feel would be smudge, but that depends on your own beliefs.
Thanks, CHL, that was a very helpful post. (As expected from you! ;) ) Yeah, I felt 'owner' was the wrong word, but couldn't think of a better one! However, 'partner' is a much better one. :D I didn't know that about it being disrespectful to pet them, though. Certainly I have a few power animals, and there a couple I know to be very respectful to, but for the majority they love it when I play with them. (One mischevious little blighter in particular! :lol: )
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:51 am

sorry, but how do you tell what totems are attached to you?
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 pm

Meditation and lucid dreaming/astral projection during sleep.

If you have a reoccurring dream of a certain type of animal either helping you or following you constantly, you might have that as a guide/totem.

If you consistently see a certain animal when you do meditation with a general focus - ie - a visualization of a field of grass or a comfortable forest or colors, or a specific form or person, they most likely are your guide or guardian.

If you feel an unexplained pull towards figurines of a type of animal, or pictures of that animal, it might be calling to you.

Since I've dealt with more animal guides/totems, I can't really speak for humanoid guides.

I've had all of one, a fairy, and she was a sarcastic little thing. She lasted six months until I got over a severe depression...then she got in my face one night and told me that she had done was she "Darn well had to" with me and was leaving. Her parting advice was to "be more aware of yourself, you overgrown feather-duster". I had NO idea why she called me variants of "bird-brain" and "Feather-duster" until a year later when I took my Animal Spirit Form in an astral plane for the first time, an owl...and was shortly afterwards contacted by my Great Horned Owl Guide. My guide basically acts like an older owl teaching a chick to live...which can get really annoying, but it's kind of fun sometimes.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:01 pm

I wasn't able to find mine until she appeared in a meditation during my Reiki Masters training. She appeared as an Owl, but also told me straight up, that I knew full well, that the outer shell wasn't important. :lol:

Try a guided meditation, especially if you have troubles meditating on your own. 8-) That's what I have to do. :-(
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:18 am

My power animals have always shown up in their physical form. Part of the perks of growing up in the bush. They would show up during powerful moments of meditation, during spiritual hikes, during moments of great sadness and emotion. I denied one animal so long (Nahh... That one could not want anything to do with ME) that it took a FLOCK of eagles in my back yard for me to pay attention. No, we were not near any lakes, and there was no fish anywhere. It was amazing.

I learned my Guides through a number of things. I had a friend who is very psychic, and she would see them. During Reiki sessions, I began to hear them, and then I began to see them. I began writing down everything they told me in private channellings, and I've grown a great bond with them. One, especially. He always shows up, sometimes just for comfort. Such as lately, feeling depressed about living in a city.

Guided meditations are great. Also, keep your eyes peeled for signs in your environment. I recommend Animal-Speak by Ted Andrews, as always, because this is the book that was the catalyst for my spiritual development.

Helps to take regular walks/hikes in nature as well.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:16 am

Sure-Fire cure for the livin' in the City Blues... Take the day off for your next ritual and head out into the woods or the mountains... Someplace where you can't even see the lights of the city... Just the stars, the moon, and you in perfect balance. [-o<

That's what me and Grimwell are trying for, come Yule! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:32 pm

Well I've been having these lovely dreams lately that have been really helping me.

Gaaaack things just seem to be hitting the fan now.

A wonderful topic to bring up on Guides & Power Animals.

It is my Guides that are giving me some of these dreams, I know, because I am talking with them.

And now when it feels like things are seriously hitting the fan and what I know is about to break (which is fine... I'm not overly attached to it all anymore), I feel my Guides with me, and they are so comforting, it's hard to be sad on the same level as I was.
Crazy Healer Lady

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:30 am

CHL wrote:My power animals have always shown up in their physical form.
I'm the same. I live in a semi-rural area so I see a lot of my power animals out and about, which is wonderful because you get to see them doing their thing and from that you can see what needs to change in your own actions or what is going well...

Funnily enough what I thought of as my peripheral totem has really come to the fore. Not a day goes by when I don't see Brother Magpie and I feel really comforted by his presence. Because of the season I don't see many of my other totems/guides, but Brother Magpie is still there. I recently woke up to find him sitting on my window ledge and looking in to my room, which was wonderful.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:56 am

Jescissa that is really wonderful :) I don't know what I'd do if I saw a pair of raptors sitting on my window... LOL

However, if I start volunteering at the zoo, I will be able to hold two of my power animals.... ^____^ and feed and look after them. That was a wonderful chat I had with the man in charge of the raptors!

Speaking of which, a wondeful way to open the doors to communication with your power animals is to do things for the environment. Clean up a stray piece of litter you find. Donate time or money to animal rescue centres. These little things really do go a long way.
Crazy Healer Lady

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:58 am

well... i kinda figure that one of my animals must have left me, or is doing it's job VERY well, because i have had a lot of life changing experiences (internal mostly) in the past couple of years... makes me wonder where i'll end up... :-D
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:31 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:
Helps to take regular walks/hikes in nature as well.
Oh, I agree! Walking through wooded areas is the best for me - so peaceful and calming - best place for spirit communication for me.
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")