Bible in Vancouver

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Bible in Vancouver

Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:29 pm

Yeah, a weird title for a post, I know... :-?

Anyways, on my trip out to the Island the year before last, I don't know if I mentioned it, but we went into an antique shop and found that they had a huge selection of books.

Joe found one of those really old massive bibles made in the 16th or 17th century... A really incredible find if you're into that sort of thing...

Joe mentioned that it was imprinted with the energy of it's previous owners. So I came over to take a look. Normally to do this, I open myself up, since most imprinted items (ok, all the ones I'd previously dealt with :-D ) are faint to detect.

So naturally, when I went over and touched it, it hit me full force. I felt wrenched into a scene of a boat crashing over waves of a storm, I saw the bible in somebodies hands, I leapt to another scene of somebody else holding it on a cliff overlooking the sea, I jumped into blackness where I felt people shouting at me... And some of them were really unpleasant, telling me in great detail about how I'd burn, although there was at least one genteman's voice who spoke and berated the others, saying that I was a good person, just obviously misled.

Now perhaps I shouldn't be surprised at the impressions held by the book... I mean, it was a bible, over 200 years old, that had these impressions after all.

What did surprise me was the intensity of the memories... People had died holding that book. After I got out of the store I kept looking back and I had an insane need for about 1/2 hour to buy it. :-? I've never felt a pull like that from an item before. In fact, when me and Joe decided to go back to visit his Dad again, one of my first thoughts was to go and check if it was still there.

Definately weird, no?

If the pull didn't feel so forced, like someone was trying to make me buy it against my will, I'd consider buying it. But it honestly felt like someone in the book was locked there, and wanted to get out. Heck, the memories leave me wanting a shower.

I can banish the memories, and make certain that I don't open up next time, but I was just wondering about your encounters with imprinted items.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:41 pm

Woah I would have been tempted to buy it just to see the difference between a 200 yr old text and the current version, if it wasn't for the trapped entity inside. Deep down you probably made the right decision.

The only real encounter I have had with imprinted items was a set of tarot cards. For some reason my friend asked me to used this pack for them, it wasn't his pack but rather a friend's (who just happened to have passed away with their own hands, but I wasn't told this). After shuffling the cards I dealt one out, an immediate sense of wrongness like stuffing choking air filled the immediate area obscuring any feelings or sense about the card. I immediate put the card back in the deck and realised I had not asked the deck if it was alright to use them. I'm so used to not having to as my previous deck really liked me. So I asked the question to the undealt deck. It was a like a punch to the guts, I felt sick to the stomach and nausiated, and a questing of emotion slammed into me. If I could translate the feeling it was basically "I &%&ing HATE you!"

It was quite surprising, as it was a set of tarot cards. I banished the feelings, sickness and whatever the hell it was from my mind then asked if the cards like my friend, an immediate yes affirmation came through. I next asked if it was alright for me to use the cards for my friends. Can you believe there was an actual pause as if it was considering the idea. It eventual said yes with the added "But I still hate you." I have no idea what the set of cards had against me but they were dead accurate with their fortelling to a point, they would not delve past a certain point as if they had chosen what could be seend and what could not be.

After the reading I told the person to be very wary of those cards, that either something was trapped in or they had become their own entity of some kind. I refused to use those cards again as they made me feel unwell and had to physically keep ridding myself of them for the rest of the day.
I may have told this story before I'm not too sure.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:37 pm

I've never had an item hit me that hard. I have problems with places.

I've had issues with houses we were looking at, some places in parks (where violent assaults took place, that I didn't know about).

There's been times when I've not liked the energy coming from parts of my local amusement park. Then again, it's been there for over 100 years, and there have been a few ride-related fatalities. When I worked there for a year...you couldn't get me to go the bottom of the one roller coaster at night...no-sir-ee. Couple of other places in the park that you could feel nasty feelings...like where the bandstand burned down, there was anger and pain...and I never knew WHERE in the park the bandstand was...now-a-days, there's a place where a woman was decapitated by a part of a pavilion roof...collapsed in a storm, she was pushing her kid out of the way...you can feel her fear near that ride. Despite being a historical landmark ride, they made that one open air. I didn't know she died until I went back the next summer after the storm, and someone I knew who worked there told me how the lady died.

Oh, well, wait...there was the one time I was looking at a piece of jewelry in a second-hand store, and got the feeling that I didn't want to buy it...b/c whomever owned it before still wanted it. Found out three days later that it had been buried with a woman, and an assistant to the undertaker had stolen it before they sealed the coffin. The piece had been identified by a relative while they were shopping, by an engraving in the back. That one was icky. I think it gave EVERYONE that touched it a nasty feeling, even the people who aren't really sensitive. I over-heard the one cashier telling her friend how "She didn't believe in ghosts, but that piece was haunted!"
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Paganlight
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Paganlight » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:22 am

Wow, I've never had anything pull me like that either. I've had the usual faint pulls, but nothing like that (well, unless you count my animal oracle cards that pulled me to them as soon as I stepped foot in the shop....)
"ǽr notian ond æfteryld céosan ǽghwæðer, gehwilc gesælan of árweorðung gān begeondan gelǽran and gelust."
("Till use and old age accept them, and all chance of valour has gone beyone recall or desire...")

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:02 pm

Interesting! I've never had a pack of Tarot cards pull me like that. Actually I got my first set when I was 16. Me and my Dad walked into
Chapters, because we both love reading. I found a complete Rider-waite deck set and waxed poetically about how I really wanted one. He was shocked (Mind you he's always shocked... I don't know how he can be, I've only been interested in the occult since I was 8 :lol: ), but bought me one for Christmas!

I've never looked back. 8-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:04 pm

I've had gems, books, jewelry and decorations call to me...sometimes so loud that I go back to that store three or four times before I buy the item. 95% of the time, the thing screaming its head off at me ISN'T for me! I don't know HOW many times I bought something, and realized a month later when a sibling visited that I'd actually gotten it for THEM!

I had a set of Goddess Oracle cards drag me into the bookstore once...and my tarot tried to kill me when I turned away. Somehow, while I was debating on them, my double-knotted shoelaces came undone...just about when I decided not to get them, and when I turned to leave, I tripped over the silly things and nearly cracked my skull on a display, causing the tarot box to drop near my foot. My husband laughed and said they'd claimed me when I told him about it.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:18 pm

Yup... I'd say that them putting a claim on you all right! :lol: :-?

Seriously though, I've had a few items like this. I was buying a few crystals once, and I while picking the ones I wanted to, I kept having this stone call me... But whenever I picked it up, it felt cold - like it didn't want to have anything to do with me. I was rather confused, but finally asked it if it liked me. It answered it didn't care, but it had to get out of there. So I looked at it stenly and told the silly thing that since I was buying for a friends birthday as well, it could go to her, but it wasn't allowed to change it's mind after it met her. It agreed and my friend has never had a problem with it... Although, she refuses to touch any of the crystals with her hands... :lol: #-o

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:41 pm

In a way I am jealous of you guys.

I don't know the particular reason, but all I can usually sense are the dark impressions of people and things.

But I can sense the shadowy secrets and desires that are best left hidden. From the guy at a service who plays a guitar while having other people stand because inside his soul he is picturing himself on a grand stage with everyone giving a standing ovation to the woman who is full of greed to objects that should have been buried or cleansed long ago.

It may be my particular bent toward night that allows me to see what hides from the light of souls; or my militant nature whereas I sense them to act as a guardian against them; or my lack of anger control that sets up a harmonic between the not-so-nice parts within me and the other person/object; or a combination or something else entirely.

But it is sometimes wearing that the things I do set me on guard all the time, would that I could just relax within the sensing of a peaceful positive aura. I do on occasion but it is rare and fleeting.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:06 pm

When I was younger, all I picked up on were the dark auras, too. Of course, at that stage in my life, it was easier to see the negatives instead of the positives.

Some people are just supposed to have shadowsight, really...to help work through the problems hiding under cover of darkness.

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:37 pm

I know, and I should be glad of the gifts I do have. And in a way I am, they make me who I was, am and will be.

It isn't a case of youth I think. 38 so far in this life, but I know I am an old soul even if I can't remember all of them except for the odd flashes. I feel the weight and weariness of time, but I will go on because I am needed.

Someone needs to stand on the borders and in the shadows to keep watch. In truth I am comfortable there in ways I can never be in the light, but like all pleasures there is sometime a cost and shadow sight seems to be mine.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

yuyotuiie
Level 1
Level 1

Great

Post by yuyotuiie » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:29 am

EDITED TO DELETE SPAM CONTENT- CHL
easy

Ragnar

Re: Great

Post by Ragnar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:03 am

yuyotuiie wrote:EDITED TO DELETE SPAM CONTENT- CHL
THAT was left there and the topic locked so the boss could see it.

Thank you.