Animal-Human Thought Connections

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Animal-Human Thought Connections

Post by Mahala » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:27 am

I'm going to do a video for the school talent show of me and my horse Roxanne 'dancing'. I was thinking of what I wanted to do, which was I'll dance and give my horse subtle non physical cues to follow to dance with me in an open arena, no rope on her halter. (She already does this with a loose line.)
That got me thinking. I wondered if somehow my energy allowed her to sense the reaction I was waiting for. Like if I step towards her, for her to move the opposite direction. I was told a while ago that certain horses would be under saddle, and the rider would think of a certain movement to ask for just before they asked. The horse would complete the move before the rider was even cueing them for it.
Roxanne is somewhat like this, except she's used to really light cues. Just barely a touch of heel and one inch of rein-in and she's doing nice, tight circles and pivoting. If I think of going left, she'll drift, and same to the right. If i think about speeding up, she cocks an attitude, and thinking of slowing down causes her to yawn and drop her head.
Some of the reactions I get from her might be from seat unbalance or just the way I sit on her, body position and relaxedness... ect. But there's a few time where I haven't given her cues but if I looked off to a certain direction she seemed to follow the 'track' I'd set.

So, I think it's possible. Anyone see something I didn't mix in already?

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:29 pm

It's true, my horse used to follow thought cues all the time. He also followed emotional cues, which meant when I was in a bad mood, so was he, and the same with good moods. Horses are highly sensitive to people they've bonded with. The more you practice it, the stronger the bond gets, and the more noticeable the reactions are.
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:26 pm

I would love to learn more about the bond between horses and humans...

Those of you who have had them are sooo lucky!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:45 pm

Animals always know ^_^

We interact energetically much the same way as we do with people, "biostreamers" and cords and all. Horses are huge on body language, as they are herd animals and very intelligent.

I think it's great that you have such a relationship with your horse. They are amazing beings.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:29 am

I've had relationships like that with my pets, but never with an animal as big as that.

But they can definately sense it... Yesterday my cat looked at my fish bowl and asked if a puppy was going to go in there!

Apparently he heard us talking about wanting to get a new pet, and saw the fish bowl... And came to his own conclusions about what a "puppy" is.

*Note: We can't get a puppy yet, no matter how much we both want to... Poor Minkers would be horrified! He's very territorial, so for him, we apparently won't get a puppy.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:16 pm

Kitsune wrote:Yesterday my cat looked at my fish bowl and asked if a puppy was going to go in there! Apparently he heard us talking about wanting to get a new pet, and saw the fish bowl... And came to his own conclusions about what a "puppy" is.
That's the cutest thing I've ever heard! Animals truly do know what's going on around them...a lot more than we give them credit for!

We've always said that my dog was a cat in a past life because his mannerisms are strangely cat-like. I've never met another dog who will climb on my shoulders or sit in a window watching the world go by, or cling to the corners of a room if you try to follow him! Toto is definitely more cat than dog and he carries the cat very close to the surface!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:48 pm

I have an easy time connecting with larger animals, particularly livestock. It's hard for me to pick up on messages though. I'm used to moment-by-moment perception, rather than 'hearing' a thought or certain energy wavelength.

Interesting thing: It's been proven that people often see certain frequencies as colors. As I'm a violinist, I do this a lot. An open G is gray, an open D is blue, and so on. Perhaps this has something to do with my ability to 'read' animals well?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:11 pm

Interesting thing: It's been proven that people often see certain frequencies as colors. As I'm a violinist, I do this a lot. An open G is gray, an open D is blue, and so on. Perhaps this has something to do with my ability to 'read' animals well?
It's all energy/the energy field, honey ^_^ The aura sings... That is fantastic that you can see that, although maybe not at this point yet on people or animals.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:24 pm

I've been able to faintly see a person's 'soul color' (My term for the color I think of when I think of a certain person.)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:44 am

Funny that you can see colours, when I think of people, I have an associated smell and I can hear their voices perfectly in my head :lol: but that goes hand in hand with being both clairalient and clairaudient.

I think seeing sounds and other things as colours is another talent, I can't remember what it's called now, but I read an interesting paper on it once and the name for it is really cool, I've just found it; it's called 'synaesthesia' and it is where people can see a sound represented as a colour e.g. a 'loud' shirt if the shirt is a bright colour or associating different tones with different colours. Also synaesthesia is involuntary, it's another one of those gifts that can't be learned or adopted, you have to have it originally in order to develop it!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:39 am

I'm not musically inclined at all (no matter how much my ego desires it :lol: ), but I do love listening to music, because with music I can go into a tranced state. There, I will see the music become colours, which then becomes a landscape, and as the music runs on and changes, the scene will change and me with it.

Not quite the same thing, but I love it when it happens. In fact I love listening to classical/instrumental music for that reason... To be transported away is heaven!!!

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:41 pm

Funny that you can see colours, when I think of people, I have an associated smell and I can hear their voices perfectly in my head Laughing but that goes hand in hand with being both clairalient and clairaudient.

I think seeing sounds and other things as colours is another talent, I can't remember what it's called now, but I read an interesting paper on it once and the name for it is really cool, I've just found it; it's called 'synaesthesia' and it is where people can see a sound represented as a colour e.g. a 'loud' shirt if the shirt is a bright colour or associating different tones with different colours. Also synaesthesia is involuntary, it's another one of those gifts that can't be learned or adopted, you have to have it originally in order to develop it!
I think it has something to do with attitude. though. I didn't know it had a name.