Energy Excercise - Down the Forest Path

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Energy Excercise - Down the Forest Path

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:59 am

I discovered a really fun and interesting way to develop sensitivity to energy and to "commune" with Nature.

Yesterday I got home from work after staying an extra hour and a half for the staff meeting. My head was pounding and I kept feeling as if I was going to faint or zone out, but in the sense of this being spurred on by spirit and not my body. I got home, and immediately went for a walk, but did not know why, to this little foresty place near my new home. It was really amazing, some of my experiences there, but then I started following a path. I've been down it once or twice, but it always had an end. Now the skunk cabbage were beaten down and the trail continues quite a ways. I went very far, until I reached an area that was near a person's yard, and their yappy dog started on. I moved away, and then I practiced blending my energy and just being the forest. I walked by again, and no yaps. (Very fun! Another thing to try) Anyway it was getting quite dark, so I had to get on.

This is the interesting part, though: I closed my eyes along the path, trying to keep that unity going, but feeling and seeing the energy around me of the plants, etc. Next time you are on an unfamiliar forest path, close your eyes. ;) Don't open them unless you actually run into something. You will be surprised how far you will go, through twists and turns.

It is really amazing. I wholeheartedly recommend it, as long as you are in an area that is safe.

This is something I am going to put in that healing book I mentioned, but wanted to share it here as well.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

underlilith
Level 8
Level 8

Post by underlilith » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:53 am

I remember i used to do that as a kid... but my parents being christian surpressed it... a shame really...

but it is fun, i ought to do again when i get some free time.
"What is a god but a man who weilds the power of chaos?" - Peter Carroll

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:43 am

Speaking of which... [-X

When is that book coming out Crazy? It's very difficult to buy books that don't exist yet, you know!

That being said.... Nice, it sounds great! I'll have to give it try, maybe if we do end up going camping...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:37 pm

:oops: The healing one is a little bit yet, but the other one... I'd give it a few months before I send it to potential publishers.

And if (No.. WHEN! *manifest manifest*) it goes through, you'll get a free copy :P
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:24 am

LOL.
the offer to edit is still here. I can't wait to read them though!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:29 am

Willow, I think I will take you up on that if your year is not too hectic... We can discuss payment and such later on when I have a better idea of what my current job is doing with me :P
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:14 am

As much as I wouldn't mind a free copy, I do support the industry... Maybe I can spend extra on your Yule gift or something in exchange... ;) :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:54 pm

Speaking of which... Your birthday falls on Yule, doesn't it? ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:02 am

This year, I'm not sure. I'm on that evening though... :lol:

I was born @ 2 am on Dec. 22... And the year I was born, was actually the night on Yule... Full Moon too, if I remember correctly... ;)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:25 pm

OOoo. Makes sense, KITSUNE :D ^__^ Reminds me of your avatar on Healing Hands!
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:59 am

I was shocked when I found out originally!

And then I came home to Paganism... And everybody remembers the late 90's! Well, I couldn't have a family tradition (heck, my Mom wouldv'e flipped :lol: ), but I could say that I was born on Yule, so it was my "claim to the tradition", my medal of honour... :lol:

:roll: ;)

The stuff we depend on when we're young & desperately trying to fit in! ;)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:24 pm

Fit in?? Fit in?? I... don't think I know the meaning.

If by this term "Fit In" you mean to avoid being slammed into lockers and having your lunch stolen, I can relate, but to do this, I went and hid in corners throughout the school - usually out in the woods.

And then came homeschooling, and, well, it's easy to "fit in" when your peers are your own imaginings :P

Really though I think that is neat. Kitsune on the full moon the night of Yule. Had to suck for presents, though. ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:11 am

Payment Schmaymeny, consider it a thank you for all the free Reiki I get.

That's a neat birthday story though. I was born in a blizzard (October 15th), maybe that is why I love snow so much.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:17 am

That's awesome, Willow. I love Blizzards (especially if I don't have to go to work in them. O:) )

Ah, Crazy... I guess I had it luckier than I thought. I dealt with all threats after Grade 8 with the response "Yep, but hit me first, will ya? Then anything I do is legally self defense... you understand, right? Nothing personal, really!" and strangely enough nobody ever took me up on it. :lol:

When I got into Paganism, I was lucky as well. A friend of mine was actually in a family tradition... or at least, her mother was Pagan as well. A follower of Circles Tradition...

And me and 3 other friends decided that we were pagan. Unfortunately, I and one other guy didn't realize that to fit in you needed to stake your claim until it was too late, so we were the only two without "family" traditions. :roll: ;)

But like I said, apparently, I was one of the lucky ones.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:48 pm

Ehh. No one ever picked fights with me. It was just stupid guys who thought that they were tough, so why not slam the tiny redhead holding her books into a hallway of lockers and grab her lunch.

As I said, homeschooling kind of got rid of that O_O I do NOT recommend it.

Kitsune, how do you mean you were one of the lucky ones? Just berated or actually bullied or...?

Willow, we'll figure something out ^_^ As much as favours are nice, there's gotta be an exchange or I won't sit right :oops:
Crazy Healer Lady