Dreams. Sorry there WAS a thread. Can't find it.

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:55 pm

I think we're in trouble this season...b/c the little flowering tree in front of our house that helped feed my wards and acted as a house guardian is dead, I think.

See, we had like a 3 week warm snap last January, and then a severe freeze...and she had blossomed in January...I kept trying to tell her to go to sleep again, but you really can't tell a tree that just had a week of 50 degree, a week of 60 and starting into a week of 70 degree weather that it's still winter!

She didn't put leaves out when spring finally came back, and there was no evidence of sap in her branches, even in July. Sigh. :cry:

It doesn't help that we have like four cemeteries in the area that kids tend to ride their bikes through and generally harass the dead. Crude. I'm going to have to burn out some serious energy to keep things up this winter.

However, I upgraded my anchor stone this summer, so that might help. Instead of one stone placed in the yard to hold all the wards, I have four...one at each point of the compass, holding one element each...and I'm braiding them together. The Original Ward Stone is now an offering stone...so I'll have a place to put the cakes out and stuff. Next time I bake, I'll make sure to make a little something to set out for an offering...that might be my saving grace too, this winter.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:43 pm

I've been having crazy dreams as well. Actually, this morning I dreamed I was being attacked with a friend I did not recognize, and I fought back, and we ended up in a heap of body parts on the floor of the convenience store we were in, trying to figure out, calmly, who's foot belonged with who, etc. These do not disturb me, though. Strangely, in that dream, our attacker could not remember what his foot looked like, nor us with our parts, so that we had to match up by skin colour :P But as I said, these strange dreams do not disturb me.

On Saturday, my two friends and I went to the graveyard as one of them may be working there soon, as all signs are shoving her there, and she was nervous. We all had the most profound experiences, and I was moved to tears by the presence of one of my Guides.

Am I mad? The change in the season makes me want to pick up with the wind and fly. I've been anticipating this change since early September when I smelled the first signs of autumn, crisp in the air. It was like, "Ahh yes, I remember now."

I have so much energy and it seems like in my house there is LESS disturbance, and my spiritual self is awakening once more and rising up and stretching.

I feel like I am blending in with the dark as it covers this hemisphere. I suppose because of this I do not feel the spirits that walk among us to be threatening, because they pass through, but the nature spirits, they are so strong and I feel myself vibrate with their songs!

This weather gets me too excited. I'm going to stop now before I sound even more looney.

Ack. It feels like I had to keep my wards up high during the summer. Now it feels like I can relax and the wind will keep this house clear and pure.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 am

I don't usually feel threatened by them... I am wise enough to know that they don't usually mean us harm...

I'm strengthening my wards and leaving out offerings because I've had multiple signs that this year the energy that will be whipping us about during the Goddess's grieving time (at least for those of us who aren't about to go into spring :lol: ) will have an almost violent tendency to it this year.

I believe that this is what the messed up dreams and feelings are telling us.

I think that this year we are simply going to have to hang on and shut up, because we won't have the amount of control or quiet introspection that we normally have when we move into the dark time of the year.

Oh, and I did check into japanese shinto myths... They don't seem to have any that corrospond to this time of year... At least, not on the web in English, since I don't speak japanese yet!

They do have a story about the Mother of the Gods dying while giving birth to one of her children... but there is never any mention of her returning. Her "Husband" travels to the Underworld to find her, but he never convinces her to leave. She in fact (after he pisses her off) becomes death, and tells him that she will take 1000 of his followers every day until the end of time, and he responds that then he will create 1,500 birthing houses, and they shall be filled everyday.

There is a small tale about Ameteratsu (the Sun Goddess) who becomes so wroth at her brother the god of Storms, that she hides in a cave, and refuses to come out. Finally the goddess of Song, Music and Dance, temps her out with a lewd dance (well, the other gods started laughing so loud that she had to see what was up :-D ) and when she saw a mirror that the Dancing Goddess had placed she was blinded by her own light and came out fully. This is why the japanese have a festival with singing and dancing to welcome the spring each year. 8-)

I love Japanese myths!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:13 pm

Kitsune wrote:I'm strengthening my wards and leaving out offerings because I've had multiple signs that this year the energy that will be whipping us about during the Goddess's grieving time (at least for those of us who aren't about to go into spring :lol: ) will have an almost violent tendency to it this year.

I believe that this is what the messed up dreams and feelings are telling us.
I've seen so many signs myself. The energy has been out of wack for some time now. There are certain key signs for this area that I live that indicates "The hunt." All of these signs have come about. There is a graveyard not too far from where I live that becomes restless.
*nods* Yes, this year we are in for a trip.

In fact, I started to put up some warding tonight. The New moon is good at cleansing space. I even used some florida water (taken from Santeria rites). For the first time, I sought to do a type of ward that bounces things away.
In the summer time, I rely upon the extended time of sunshine and fresh air to charge my wards.

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:46 am

I mentioned this thread to Grimwell, and said that many of us have been having disturbing dreams of Violence, but that we seem calm in the face of it until we wake up... Almost as if we were disconnected from the Violence.

He summed that feeling up in one word... WAR...

It made my blood run cold for a moment, as I realized that it was a very good word for it...

:roll: Oh, and Grimwell is looking forward to the rough ride... Being a psi-vamp, he finds the darker energy more inviting and palatable apparently, so he's looking forward to being well-charged for the upcoming season! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:49 pm

I enjoy the darker season but I am not really looking forward to it. Winter has been rainy lately instead of a lovely crisp season moving into white snow. Maybe the hunt isn't going so well this year?

The war thingis intereting...does he mean our thoughts about wars going on? Or that we are all facing internal wars?

I just feel a little off....I don't really know how to explain it, like I am not handling stress the way I usually would. It isn't overwhelming me but hitting me differently.

My siter feels like there is a weight on the world right now and something is about to give...who knows.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:18 pm

The notion of War seems logical in all of this.
I would assume that there is something within the collective consciousness indicating war or the need for preparation. This is a very interesting perspective.
I have not thought about whether or not the hunt is going well....Its certainly far from being over.

There is nothing like a crisp snowy winter day to make you feel alive. I love watching snow storms unless I have to drive in them. ;)

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:36 pm

All these feelings of heaviness, of imminent "something."

I don't feel anything TOO heavy. Just what I've been expecting since Fire the Grid :P
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:02 pm

I dunno that I've been feeling anything lately. I know that I hate where I am right now and that's affecting my moods. But aside from that I haven't noticed too much. The customers at work lately have seemed worse, especially their kids running around and screaming and such. But again, that could be my mood.

Now can someone explain "the hunt" to me. I've never heard this term.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 am

I don't think it's war as in Armies or anything, but feeling the War and Upcoming Challenge within ourselves. We know we're coming up a very powerful time over the next 3-5 years... It's an ending and a beginning and those always make for powerful times of the year.

I know what the hunt is, but I'm having trouble explaining it via typing... so someone else will have to help you with that...

I do however, have questions about the hunt going badly... What is meant by that? :-?