Dreams. Sorry there WAS a thread. Can't find it.

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Ragnar

Dreams. Sorry there WAS a thread. Can't find it.

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:12 am

O.K.

So today I was asleep.

I dreamed that I went up to the door of a big old house near the sea. there were about five steps up to this masive old wooden door.

A middle aged "typical" matron opened it, carrying a baby.

She called my Wife and I in, then handed the bratt to me. I took it and went into a corridor, where next to the door was a bench which I sat on, and studied the kid.

Thats it. Time to get up.

It is NOT possible that Lisa is pregnent, so we can forget that right away.

Don't want kids around....Horrible things. :-?

Strange enough though in the dream, I actually liked the thing. :oops:

Can't help thinking this was more than a "normal" dream though.

Any one any ideas?

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Dreams. Sorry there WAS a thread. Can't find it.

Post by Lotus » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:48 pm

Ragnar wrote:O.K.

So today I was asleep.

I dreamed that I went up to the door of a big old house near the sea. there were about five steps up to this masive old wooden door.

A middle aged "typical" matron opened it, carrying a baby.

She called my Wife and I in, then handed the bratt to me. I took it and went into a corridor, where next to the door was a bench which I sat on, and studied the kid.

Thats it. Time to get up.

It is NOT possible that Lisa is pregnent, so we can forget that right away.

Don't want kids around....Horrible things. :-?

Strange enough though in the dream, I actually liked the thing. :oops:

Can't help thinking this was more than a "normal" dream though.

Any one any ideas?
Relax, this has nothing to do with being a parent or having brats around you.
There are two possibilities here of what this could mean:

1) The universe (or whoever/whatever) is saying that you will soon take on a paternal role. This role could extend to a new set of ideas or a new project that you will be responsible for. This dream has the equivalent meaning as if a woman dreamt she was pregnant. This could also be symbolic of a "new born" path or role that you are being asked to take.

*five steps up *
Ascending is always a good omen in a dream. This represents success towards accomplishing a goal.
This could also symbolize going forward in a spiritual manner.
Think about entering another realm.

*house near the sea*
This either has to do with mundane work or your everyday responsibility. Do you not work in a water industry?

*wooden door*
Simply an opening to someplace else. *duh*

2) The child is an enemy. Many people symbolize babies as a negative thing Something or someone will be a major burden to you. This burden will hold you down and you (since you liked the rug rat) will not be able to see the effect.
You will rise above some situation only to be burdened by another.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:38 pm

I am not good at interpreting dreams unless a) they are mine or b) I can get into the person's energy (i.e. if they are in the room with me).

Maybe you will be finding some abundance in your life. That is what the ocean and children mean to me: fertility and abundance. 5 is also a number of abundance to me, and also makes me think of speaking truth, of finding voice.

The studying of the child is interesting. Makes me think of delving into the inner self, the "inner child" to gain deeper understanding.

Perhaps through reflection and search into the self you will find abundance, or through the abundance you and your wonderful wife will have placed in your laps you will find some deeper wisdom.

My two cents. Don't know if they click or not with you.

Edit to Add: I just thought of something. As to the whole going deeper thing, it IS almost Mabon, signalling the darker half of the year, when we all typically stock up on food and ready ourselves to "hibernate." Just something to think about :D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Re: Dreams. Sorry there WAS a thread. Can't find it.

Post by Ragnar » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:47 pm

Lotus wrote: *house near the sea*
This either has to do with mundane work or your everyday responsibility. Do you not work in a water industry?
Thats a description I must tell the boss :lol:

I don't think I have ever heard of 75,6 meters of torpedo boat being described as " "a water industry" before. :lol:

I am waiting for news that could mean a BIG change, but is really just a piece of paper.

Hmmm. [-o<

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:05 am

Yeah, I think babies can symbolise change too. You will have to let us know how it turns out. As for houses, I think Davisherm has experience with dreams about houses.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:13 pm

quote///////I don't think I have ever heard of 75,6 meters of torpedo boat being described as " "a water industry" before.///////end quote

*laughing*
Well, there is a first for everything. :roll: :-D #-o

BB
Lotus

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:57 pm

I am a firm believer that only you can interpret your dreams. (Jung can go take a long walk off a short pier.) Sure, there are similarities in symbols and archetypes but in the end the specifics are all yours. (Ever read a Freud dream book? Apparently women are the symbol of all evil. Nuff said.)

I just have to say, though, Awwwwww!!! at the mental picture of Ragnar and some little chiddler.

Maybe a kid will turn up on your doorstep.

Now me, I don't like kids as a rule. My cousin's spawn is okay, cute little thing really, we get along because we're both Aquarians (and therefore attractive and charming, cough cough). I keep thinking, though, "now wouldn't it be nice to have a pretty little child to raise according to my own value system?" completely disregarding the fact that this is what everyone thinks to begin with, until they realise that kids actually have minds of their own and will end up thinking the opposite to you on quite a few issues. (Ask my dad. He likes Bush, Blair, and She Whose Name Must Not Be Spoken. For some reason, he had the crazy idea that your kids end up with the same ideas you have.)

Anyway, my conclusion is going to be "plot bunny". (Fanfic writers will know what I mean.) I say that a book concept will lodge itself in your brain and it won't leave you alone until you write it.

Or maybe you're getting some mad paternal instincts and they're manifesting in dreams.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:50 am

Strange as it may seem, I'm presenting a completely different view...

Babies can and usually do mean paternal instincts & all that, but I see this as a re-meeting of somebody that you knew before...

Perhaps in a past life, this person was important to you, and they're being brought back into your life (re-born, as it were) now...

I see the "water industry" actually as a gateway to your past selves which are sleeping beneath the water, and will remember more when the time is right (the time being too soon at the moment, I mean, the little tyke can't even speak yet!).

Anyways that's what I think... Although, I have to admit, the idea of Ragnar with a little tyke would be cute... Ahhh, it's always cuter when it's not yours! :lol: :roll:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:29 pm

I have to hijack this thread.

LAst night at 1:30, both my roommate and I woke up, neither of us could get back to sleep, when we did sleep we both had crazy dreams. I kept dreaming that I was waking up screaming, or that she was screaming. Then I dreamed that this dark shadowy figure chased me down my hall and when I wen to kick him, my foot went right through him.

Anyway, our friend called us at 7:00am htis morning because she dreamed that we had been attacked. Are we thinking too much into this? Did we just eat the wrong thing. I still feel like I should smudge....
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:25 pm

Are dreams ever "Just Dreams?"

I would smudge and set up heavy duty protection. Call your Guides or similar entities in. Look into perhaps how/why this entity came.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:51 pm

Lately, everyone I know have been having strange dreams.

I do not think you are putting too much into this....
Protections are a good idea. I'm not sure if this is an entity or not. It could be simply that you guys were easy targets to energy.

Somehow, I think, that "the hunt" is occuring early this year. The "hunt" energy I refer to is the energy between Samhain and Yule. There are many tales fro this energy in different cultures. *shrugs*
This is my explanation.

Do more than just smudge, I think. I'd put up some serious protections if your friend was able to feel it from how many miles away?

BB
Lotus

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:30 pm

Oh, I'd smudge. I'm working on a Witch's ladder for my attic...to try and keep the darkness to a minimum this winter. Sigh...wards...always a good idea, too.

I always try to make my like a net or mesh instead of a wall, though...that way anything that's just passing through and doesn't mean us harm can pass through, and those that do mean harm bounce off the fence. And if I need to push anything out that got in but wasn't supposed to...I have holes to push it out thru.

Oh well, jsut my ideas.
L8r
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:12 am

I will do that and talk to my guide.

I havenever set up wards before...I think I remeber a thread on the board for how to do it. I will look for that.

Our friend was an hour away...you all may be right, the season is changing.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:25 am

Not just you guys, I've been having weird dreams for the past week...

Heck I one point I dreamed that Grimwell died in front of me... It was horrible...

If that were the only one, I wouldn't worry, but I've been having odd dreams almost every night, and every day I wake up and can't remember them by the time I get out bed 5 minutes later. This is very odd for me! Heck, I a great memory for my dreams usually.

I agree, the hunt must be starting early! Wards will need to be strengthened and soon, as well as leaving out cakes and honouring my neighborhood guardian... He helps to guard us, when it's the dark time of the year is on us. Not that we usually need it, but this many of us having troubled dreams can only bode for a particularily difficult samhain to yule season this year... Energy-wise at least. :roll:

What do our cultures say about this year? Or anybody have any astrological info? I know Crazy has gotta know a few of the Native American tales about this. And I'm gonna look up Japanese ones for all of you!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:20 pm

Kitsune wrote:Not just you guys, I've been having weird dreams for the past week... but I've been having odd dreams almost every night, and every day I wake up and can't remember them by the time I get out bed 5 minutes later. This is very odd for me! Heck, I a great memory for my dreams usually.
I've been exactly the same! I thought it was just me *phew* Now I know, I am not as crazy as I thought! lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~