Anyone know...

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Anyone know...

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:14 pm

Anyone know what this symbol is or might mean?
{very quick and rough MSpaint image}

In a semi-dream/vision I recently had it appeared on my chest as a sort of tattoo. Weird thing was that it was also rotating counter-clockwise. I had the impression it was acting as sort of a seal. But could not tell if it was my doing or someone/thing else's.

Very odd. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:20 pm

Most comets represent the passage of time. Falling stars usually mean an ending or change.

Was it spinning clockwise or counterclockwise?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:05 am

Astrologically, two comets passing the moon that way would have very real effects on us... It would certainly be indicative of a life changing event.

As for it rotating as if it were a seal... Do you have a sense what it was sealing off? Because just looking at it, I get a sense of something new in you being unlocked.

Perhaps you're approching a new time in your life where a life changing event will change the way you look at problems and deal with adversity. If they are unlocking, unstead of locking, it means times of trial, but with great need will come an increased ability, and that increase will stay with you for all your life.

Or at least, that's what I saw when you described it. :oops:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:17 am

Kystar - Counterclockwise

Kitsune - Very interesting, although I didn't get the sense that the large circle was the moon, rather a indicator of the two comets orbit as they circled each other. But ... maybe.

I wanted to get a few impressions before I described the circumstances.

I was in bed trying to get some rest because I was mildly sick when two of my kids were arguing and being generally noisy outside my open bedroom door. I got angry and yelled and threw a pillow at the door. Then in the semi-awake state I got the vision of me on the floor by the pillow at the door with the above symbol rotating on my chest. Aside from being greatly puzzled I got the sense of it acting like a seal on my anger or the rotation trying to "turn" the anger if that makes any sense. It only lasted a few seconds, but toward the last of the vision though it seemed to feel like that the effects were going deeper and trying to affect all of me.

This is kinda of a concern to me because although I wouldn't mind help with my anger issues - I really don't have a mildly upset or slightly angry setting, I go from annoyed to very angry to rage in fractions of a second - but I wonder what else and by how much other parts were affected.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:42 am

How often do you vent? I personally am a fairly vocal person when in Rant Mode, and I believe that everyone need time out to scream. Obviously you have to save up frustration for a more suitable moment, especially around kids. And creative imagination is always helpful.... I've always liked this visualisation....

Imagine you are in a quiet grove. You are surrounded by lush, healthy trees. Beautiful birds are singing, flying close by as they are unused to people. Deer are feeding at the edge of the clearing. There is a waterfall tumbling down some rocks into a cold, deep pool. The pool is so crystal clear that you can clearly see the face of the person whose head you are holding under the water.
Now, don't you feel better?

I don't know about that symbol. Seems like a protection thing to me, for your benefit more than anything else. Something defensive? Perhaps it was placed there by a helpful guide or deity that wanted to keep you safe. (Sometimes gods do things without properly thinking them through. I have a friend who was given a name by a goddess that was so frivolous that she flat-out refused to use it. The goddess in question got rather petulant and said something like "Well, I like it.". :-D )
So basically, I have no idea.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:58 pm

That's strange...the Counterclockwise thing...because usually Counterclockwise isn't sealing...it's releasing.

Or at least I've always seen it that way.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:55 am

I've been trying to meditate on the symbol (which is why I have not responded in a timely manner).
To be quite honest (my take on it) the symbol does not resonate positively with me.
This could mean many things.
The first thought that came to my mind is that the symbol in intensifying something. The symbol may not even be a personal sigil but a name. The second thought that came to my mind was that this is someone else’s symbol…..their own warding or protection working aggressively to combat you (in the scenario you would be an aggressor).

The counterclockwise motion would be opening or releasing something. I am honestly thinking that this was amplifying your anger. Sigils do not just pop up unless you or someone put them there.
A suggestion: If you have guides try to talk to them about this.
Also, unlike everyone else, I did not see them as comets. I saw them as collisions instead.
I suspect, if I am correct, that you will have another outburst of anger and see this symbol again.
The symbol is a name of something affecting you …I think.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:25 am

Kystar wrote:That's strange...the Counterclockwise thing...because usually Counterclockwise isn't sealing...it's releasing.

Or at least I've always seen it that way.
True - my southern hemisphere-ness is affecting how I view this :-D Anticlockwise is deosil here.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:17 pm

True ... the widdershins movement gave me pause as well, as everything I learned said that counter-clockwise movement released or opened up what had been closed.

Then a thought stuck me {oww - not so hard next time ;) }. I said counterclockwise because, in the vision, I was viewing my body with the sigil from outside myself - kinda OOB - but if I was standing within myself - if that makes sense - and looking at the sigil from within my chest, it would be moving clockwise.

Windwalker -

I vent fairly often while driving alone. I rant and rage and make a fuss. I do this because I rarely can do so when in the the presence of others because of the lack of control as the anger increases. I am fairly large and strong and therefore could do a great deal of damage were I to let it express itself unwisely. But I am also hampered by the curse of all such big people in the fact we must always repress ourselves lest we be viewed as bullies or worse, because who could ever believe that we are the actual victims.

I really do hope it is a protective image that I'll be able to use in the future, but until I get more of a grasp of what it is and whom it comes from, I shall tread cautiously about using it.

Lotus -

Unfortunately, I have not yet been blessed with the wisdom of personal guides, although I seem to get 'help' from somewhere in my times of greatest trouble and need. While this help seems to come personally 'to' me, it never feels personal 'for' me as would be the case from close spirits such as guides.

It does seem to be something new and working for change, as would be indicated by the motion rather than just a static symbol. Perhaps it is allowing a new change in my life allowing me to overcome difficulties I've had previously as has happened once or twice before.

The last instance of such change I can remember is from slightly over a decade ago. I would on occassion get into a state which I refered to as "dream-locked". I would get to a point during sleep when I would know for a fact I was dreaming, even to a point of seeing an almost split-screen where one side the dream progressed and on the other I could see myself asleep in bed from an OOB view of a few feet above. But even with this awareness I could never change, break or stop the dream - and it usually involved some form of peril.

Well, the last instance of such was when I became aware of the dream and the locked state on night. In the dream I was laying facedown naked upon the bed while an equally 'skyclad' young woman knelt on all fours over my back. Petite and attractive, but I could not see her face as long black hair draped down and obscured her face.

She lowered herself until the hair covered my head as well and just low enough that her nipples grazed my skin. She began tracing figures and symbols upon my back with them. Truly - one of the most erotic experiences and sensations I've ever had. And even though I knew I was dreaming, I was more than willing to go with it and see what happened. I am just a guy after all. :roll:

Yet something was triggered in my mind. Warning bells, heebie-jeebies, the works. I knew that unless I broke that "lock" and woke-up, that I might never wake-up again and that everything that I was, was in terrible danger. It was a terrible struggle that left me drained for a long time, but I did it. Near as I've been able to piece together it was a Succubus after my spirit. I won, but did not escape unscathed, and through those events have never been dream-locked since.

I can only hope that this sigil is another aid and I can use it to overcome my unreasoning and unreasonable anger fits. And that the trials to manage such a feat will not be as great.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:09 am

This Symbol does not scream a meaning out to me, and thus I have not commented.

However, on your issues with anger, I can possibly help some.

A lot of anger is a pride thing. An issue can't be let go of because "It's the principle of the thing!" or "If I don't teach them this lesson, they'll never learn!" or "I can't let them get away with that! They'll do it again if I do!"

I think I had the best of the worst to teach me how to manage my anger, my father and my sister. My father was one who was always angry, and lost my respect at a young age as he threw items because he was mad at the antics of a child. My sister is one who will still come to my house, rack up my phone bill, use and abuse, and then leave, and is also one who if you anger her enough, will come flying at you, and she seems to enjoy the endless physical brauls she gets into with her "boyfriends" and if the cards are right, playing the victim if he fights back. Anger is a powerful force we all must go through a period of learning how to harness so that it does not control us. Some learn early, some learn late.

Notice I do not say anger is bad. Nothing in us is "Bad," inherantly. Anger can be the force that saves your life in a bad situation, or the lives of those you love. It gives the will to live for sheer stubborness. It is the expression and transmutation of anger that decides whether or not this force will be "good" or "bad."

Yeah ok easy peasy and quite obvious, but so often forgotten.

You must play the observer. WATCH what makes you grow angry. In that detached moment of self-observation, which is calm and reasonable ever even if the body rages, watch and learn how your body reacts, the first signs. What is it that triggers this? What does it feel like? What does it feel like when you are almost at the point of no return?

Learn this. And after you have observed, learn what it is you need to do to let go of it. Release it. There is always that cord, for lack of a better word, that holds on to it, as if some injustice is being done. Break it, and honestly say in your heart, "I forgive you." There is still that leftover anger and energy that has been swelling up, and you must decide what to do with it, for I can't even remember what I used to do, but now it washes away like cool water. Even a visualization can be good here, just water washing you down.

You'll of course have to learn your own tecniques but in EVERYONE who I have ever met, and even in my own self, the only thing keeping them from dissolving their anger is pride, getting so bogged down in the physical as if a kid's mere loud stomping or arrogance could actually hurt them.

Good luck mon ami. Anger is a lesson that is incredibly self-revealing, because you have to dig so deep and accept what you see about yourself without judgment. It is like being willing to be stark naked and begging forgiveness, because what, after all, is the harm, except to your pride, an invention of the ego. Of course you'll never be stark naked begging forgiveness, but I say this to illustrate.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:46 pm

Castor and Pollux?

Just two names that flashed through my mind.

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:28 am

A question that comes to mind is: Have you done a divination on this? Symbols are ultimately very personal, as they are highly colored through life experiences. Some are quite universal, such as the circle. Comets or shooting stars however, can mean different things to different people.

When I see your symbol, what comes to mind is balance. To heavenly bodies circling each other and holding each other in equilibrium. The problem with that is that it's my impression. It's probably affected by the fact that I'm into astrophysics, and numerous other things. Another person may see the concept of "circling in battle". That's why divination comes in handy with his type of thing. It can help you unearth YOUR meaning for it, and that is the meaning that counts. Even if this was a symbol that was sent to you, it is still your mind with it's own unique ego structure that is interpreting it's energy pattern.

Usually, if someone comes to me asking about a dream symbol, I tell them to go into trance, stand before it, and communicate with it. Ask it questions. Find out what it's about....

Sometimes it's handy to go with a very first impression. The one that's there before the discerning and analyzing mind gets a hold of it.
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:00 am

Dark Waters. There is no one in your circle that is pregnat at all is there?

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Dark Waters » Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:51 pm

CHL,

Thank you very much. Any help on my issues is always appreciated. I like to think of myself as reasonable and affable, but there are those moments. The anger, with a few exceptions, come from dark places so I would desperately like a control on it. And I'm certainly not proud of it. I will meditate on your words.

Ragnar,

The redheaded Stone twins that are trouble incarnate? ;)

And first, I really don't have a circle - I'm a solitary practicitoner. Even my family is generally unaware of my practices and beliefs for the most part. Not that I'm hiding it from them, but they really don't need to know and probably would be an issue if they did. Still I have several Wiccan books laying around and a bag that has my ritual tools. So it basically comes down to "don't ask, don't tell".

Next, of those near to me, none of the females should be pregnant. I got a vasectomy a while ago so wifey shouldn't and my 14 yo daughter definately better not be. I'm not discounting and outside issue, but while the substance is private - I don't think my wife would get pregnant from outside the marriage.

Scathach,

I am too new to the craft to be able to, or even know how to, do a divination. I generally simply look at situations or things and let it filter down to the lowest levels of my subconscious being and then see what answers drift back up. I believe there is much knowledge buried deep in my being from previous cycles, but it is for the most part beyond the reach of the current awareness. Maybe when I have grown more along the path, then I'll be able to open a better access to that knowledge base.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:27 am

Dark Waters wrote: And first, I really don't have a circle - I'm a solitary practicitoner.
I meant more your family/friends circle. NOT your magical circle.