What is going on? Strange energy 'pulling'...

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

What is going on? Strange energy 'pulling'...

Post by Mahala » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:13 am

I have been pulled by my intuition to look for a wand. The trouble is, I have looked through many, many wands a not many seem to call out to me in any special way. (I can sense certain things when looking over an object, like intense love, joy energies, or extreme hate energies that it has.)
But yesterday, while putting another mini Gumby trinket into my mom's curio tank, I saw her 6" quartz crystal and I locked eyes on it for a few seconds. The energies vibes coming off wee neutral, but I felt as if I 'must' touch it.
(It feels like the previous owner's energies are trying to tell me, "You need to charge this.") And for the last 2 days, that feeling hasn't gone away. I feel the intense 'need' to pick it up and charge it with my energy. But I don't know what is really going on or why, and I'm tempted to blame my mind, being as My energy charging abilities are just weak and floppy and I can't really control my psychic abilities either.

Help?

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:39 am

Well first and foremost would be to ask your Mom if you could have the crystal. If she is ok with your beliefs, tell her why you would like it - if she isn't, don't lie, but simply say you find it fascinating and would like to have it.

If she still says no, then don't take it. Anything that starts out that way can never end well. You can always find another crystal or wand. It may even be an idea to get one that gives off negative energies so that you can cleanse it and banish those energies.

There are all kinds of cleansing rituals out there and it would be best for you to look for one that speaks best to you and your conditions than me giving an off handed one. But they vary from something simple like passing it several times through incense smoke {fire/air} and salt water {earth/water} while asking the God and Goddess, any personal Dieties and/or the Guardians of the Quarters to help cleanse and bless the wand for use in their service; to something more complex like burying it near a tree under one full moon with ceremony and retrieving it at the next full moon with similar ceremonies.

As far as charging it, keep it with you at all times. Sleep with it under your pillow, even have it with you in the shower/bath. have it touch your skin as much as possible. When you have free time sit quietly with it in your hands and focus on your own energies and direct them to flow into and through the wand. However, if there are times of anger or trouble then set it aside, preferably within something of yours that contains good memories. ie a favourite shirt a special keepsake box like your mother's or even just tucked in your pillowcase.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:14 pm

Hmm... Well, I didn't take it out of the case, I just open the top of the tank and touched it for a moment. It didn't seem to have any energies, like a dead battery. I think I will leave it. I could do better with a different wand.
I think it would be a good idea to find one with my birthstone on/in it. (Turquoise) I researched the magickal properties of my birthstone and I found this:
Sacred to both Native American and Oriental traditions, this stone helps to connect with spirit and brings the energy of the sky down to earth. It is helpful in expanding awareness while still maintaining practicality. Turquoise moves the wearer toward integration and wholeness. Used on the throat chakra, turquoise promotes communication and the ability to speak honestly, clearly and from the heart, and reminds us of our connection to Earth and Sky. Ancient lore suggests that it also protects against environmental pollutants. In ancient times, turquoise was utilized to gain wealth. Wearing turquoise can speed the healing process. Lore also has it that the stone will change color when the owner is in danger.
Overall, the qualities fit me like gloves. This would be the most useful stone for me.
That gives me an idea! I could make a wand. I have plenty of nice sized pieces of turquoise and all I'd have to do is find the right stick or piece of wood and prepare it. I have a big pine in my back yard. Maybe I could ask it for one of it's branches? I looked up the magickal properties of pine too:
An evergreen, it's old title was "the sweetest of woods". External symbol of life and immortality. It is one of the few trees that are androgynous. It was also worshiped by the ancients as a symbol of fire because of its resemblance to a spiral of flame. It is regarded as a very soothing tree to be near.

MAGICKAL ASPECTS: Strength, life and immortality, rejuvenation. The scent of Pine is useful in the alleviation of guilt. Dreaming of pine trees indicates issues of guilt.
It might be a possibility, but I also have a peach tree, an apricot tree, and a pear tree in my yard, along iwth two grape vines and an ivy vine. I also have three lilac bushes.
Well, I'm going to go do some research. ;)
This info has to do with grape and ivy vines. The article is talking about Bacchus/Dionysus.
In art he is depicted wearing a crown of ivy, and covered in vine leaves and grapes, a typical image of the Green Man. As Bacchus he is bearded, more rustic in appearance and sporting horns, a typical image of the Horned God. So here we have in this one god, all the aspects of a tradition Wiccan God: he is a God of Nature and Lord of the Harvest, a God of the Underworld, a Son/Lover of the Goddess, a Child of Promise, the Green Man and the Horned God, all combined into one.
I think that if I got two rather small pieces, one ivy and one grape, and entwined them together with wire, then capped it with one of my smaller pieces of turquoise, it would be ok.
Last edited by Mahala on Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:33 pm

You might want to look into the various trees associated with birth months in whatever tradition Speaks most strongly to you.

I know that the Celtic peoples had an animal and a plant associated with each month and did their signs by the Moon, not the Sun b/c I have a kit for Celtic Moon signs.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:00 pm

You'll find stones will attract you that aren't even meant for you. I go crazy in a metaphysical store when something is needing me. All the stones are asking, but when I get to them, like a flash, "It's not right for you" or "It's not the right time." Sometimes, I just hold them for a little while, and then put them back.

A dark drawer is no place for a crystal, in my opinion. Give it a little energy boost... Just cup it in your hands (with your ma's permission to let you see it) and imagine white light pouring into it. Do this for a few seconds, or a few minutes, until you feel the stone does not want any more. Easy enough, especially if you feel you don't have control yet. Everything to do with energy is surprisingly easy. It's just getting over that mental barrier.

As for the trees, fruit trees generally bring in fertility and have a soft, light energy about them. I agree with Kystar's advice, though. Check it out. Go with your gut, and don't forget to leave an offering as thanks ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:14 pm

I have access to the woods I've researched. I looked up birth woods and Fig is for Dec. 12-21. Sadly, I can't get hold of fig. If I order it, I have no way to get it without mom or dad finding out. #-o I also considered a lilac branch because of lilac's powers to enhance psychic and mental ability.
I googled Pagan paths and found this-
http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/select. ... traditions

Being curious, I took the test. (?) means I don't know what that path is.
These were my results. 1-10 of 25
[1] Celtic reconstructionist (?)
[2] Celtic Wicca
[3] Asatru
[4] Traditional witchcraft (?)
[5] Finnish paganism (?)
[6] Old English heathenry (?)
[7] Mesopotamian (?)
[8] Christo-Pagan (Yuck.)
[9] Romuva (?)
[10] Druidry

Scathach
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Scathach » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:43 pm

One of the things that I do if I'm looking for something is to "drift" for it. I basically defocus my mind, with the intent of finding somehing that I need, then I wander. If it's something that I need to buy, I'll wander through appropriate shops. I was attending an animal totem ritual a week ago, and desired to channel "snake". I went into a drift to find an appropriate fetish, and within five minutes found a sarong that had a rattlesnake print on it. It was perfect for wrapping around myself for the dance.

As for the various attributes, I try to find a tool that speaks to me personally, that tugs my soul. I worry less about the correspondences and more about the gestalt of the item. If it wakes up my spirit, than it's right for me! The question then is: How did it wake my spirit up? What element did it seem to call too? What does it seem to symbolize?

In terms of correspondence, my tools usually help in the building of that "internal correspondence table". It's a table that I find actually changes over time.
-Z. deScathach of the Backwater Pinetree Node

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:12 am

Sorry, I had to post my results. This was a really cool test. Although, It should have been more in depth, with a better choice for answers. There were some questions that I agreed with, but not to the extent that they had it, so I had to answer no opinion or disagree... :-? And I would say charge the quartz crystal. Sometimes quartz wants to help someone, but it can't because it's been drained. Charge it and see what happens. Continue to look for your own want though, Definately!

#1 Hellenic
#2 Minoan
#3 Druidry
#4 Old English Heathenry
#5 Celtic Reconstructionist
#6 Asatru
#7 Finnish Paganism
#8 Stregha
#9 Numinism
#10 Traditional Witchcraft
#11 Slavic
#12 Romuva
#13 Satanism
#14 Celtic Wicca
#15 Mesopotamian
#16 Religio Romana
#17 Thelema
#18 Vedic
#19 Eclectic Wicca
#20 Discordianism
#21 Egyptian
#22 Traditional Wicca
#23 Norse Wicca
#24 Christo-Pagan
#25 Dianic Wicca
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:13 pm

Well, I could get the crystal out and charge it when my mom's asleep or out of the house. She wouldn't know the difference if it was dead or charged anyways.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:17 pm

Shouls still ask permission to see it anyway, seeing how it is her stone :) Darkwaters's advice on that matter is sound ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15

Post by Mahala » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:56 pm

That's where I hit a block: She would prob'ly not even let me have it if I never even mentioned magic, just because she doesn't want anything to 'happen' to it. Well, I think I should try to get one that has at least been blessed rather than making one. I don't think I'm strong enough to charge up a completely empty one yet.

Just curious, who here might by chance have an old wand they'd be willing to sell or trade? ;)

I found a picture of the EXACT crystal.
http://www.dreamtime.bz/dreamtime_crystals.html

Scroll down to #026q. This is exactly what the crystal looks like, and I doubt she knows what it really is. 8-)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:34 pm

Beautiful single-terminated quartz. The perfectly clear ones were used as devices for shamanic extractions. I've never seen them as wand-crystals, although MANY do... but I'm not a wand gal. I have my staff, and I'm still learning with that. I guess I'm more of a... well... hands-on type of girl.
Well, I think I should try to get one that has at least been blessed rather than making one. I don't think I'm strong enough to charge up a completely empty one yet.
BLASPHEMY!!! Of course you do!!!!! It is sheer will. We have the unlimited potential of the universe! We are not little spots of dust that can do nothing but wish for someone else to give us what we need.

My goodness, how the world turns when you realize the potential you have in your little fingertips, and indeed everyone has this... So humbling. Really it is. It does not inflate your ego when you realize your own divinity, because EVERYONE is a part of it!
Crazy Healer Lady

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:10 am

Mahala wrote:I have been pulled by my intuition to look for a wand. The trouble is, I have looked through many, many wands a not many seem to call out to me in any special way.
My main wand, believe it or not, is a Harry Potter movie prop made of resin :lol: I don't know why, but I bought it for my collection of HP memorabilia, but when I picked it up, it begged to be part of my true magical workings instead of just a piece of my collection. I also have a wand made of apple wood (the Celtic wood for my birthday) but it's the resin wood I tend to use the most!

Turquoise is also my birthstone, although I think it would be hard to come by a piece long enough and strong enough to serve as a wand. What you could do (and what a lot of witches seem to do these days) is buy a piece of dowel from a hardware shop and decorate it yourself. You can add as many stones, crystals and ribbons as you like and you know that it will be completely unique. In my local hardware shop they stock dowel by size and also by tree type so there should be something there you can use, or, like you suggested yourself you could ask one of your trees if they would gift you a branch.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men