Sorely Tempted to do Something Bad

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Sorely Tempted to do Something Bad

Post by Jescissa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:40 am

I have always had a problem with my beloved's family. For some reason they will not accept me and I don't get invited to all sorts of family occasions. (They don't even know about my faith, which, if they ever did find out, may even make things worse). But my beloved graduates from university today and he tried to get two extra tickets so that I and his brother could go with his parents to see him graduate, but his mother told him to give away my ticket and to keep it family only.

I've usually got on ok with his mother, so this makes me feel very angry with her. I have a right to be there, particularly if he wanted me to be, but his family seem to have gone out of their way to keep me out.

I'm so angry that I really want to do something to punish them and whilst I haven't done any spell or poppet work, I do wonder whether my angry energy will affect the day for them. I really want my beloved to have a great graduation, but in my heart I want his family to suffer for what they have made me suffer. Will my negative thoughts influence things (as I have always been lead to believe) or will it only affect them if I direct it to affect them through my will?
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:27 am

WHAT???? As respectful as I am, and, honestly, because I am the type of person to resolve things quietly, I would shift completely out of character and be yelling at her.

You love him, and they want you out of his GRADUATION??!!

I'm a person who believes that all thought carries power. Does that stop me from thinking bad thoughts about people? No. Does it mean I continually try to not waste my time? Yes.

I think you're honestly Ok here. Unless you're focusing really hard on their heads exploding, those negative thoughts are only affecting your world, not theirs.

But that's my view on the world. Others may have something different.

Good luck... May he have the sense to tell his mother off!!!! Seriously... You can't win this battle yourself. If he doesn't stick up for you, how on earth does he think this could get better? He cannot accept those types of comments from his mother!! She is older, wiser, yadda yadda, but there are some things you just do NOT accept!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:03 pm

Screw 'em. Let your angry energy affect the day for her. It's her fault that you feel the way you do. She's the one who brought negativity into the situation. Go. And give her smug little smiles.

You can borrow my giant mallet, if you like.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:33 am

Let it RIIIPPP lass.

You KNOW it makes sense. ;) :-D

It will make you feel better as well.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:44 am

Maybe you should try talking to the family, as well. Find out why they don't seem to like you as much as you had hoped.

You may find that they just don't know you enough.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:56 am

I didn't get alerts for any of these replies :-?

My boyfriend has certainly realised I won't be shut out any more. I've been with him for four years so I'm practically family and by now his family should have realised that I'm not going anywhere any time soon! We've talked things over and he wants to have a commitment ceremony, a 'little handfasting' before the Gods and all the elements to show that for as often as is possible I will be first in his thoughts and his life.

My intention was never to take him away from his folks, but they seem to have made it into this kind of tug of war because they won't let him do his own thing, and he feels he owes them because they paid for his university fees :-? This conveniently trumps my contribution to his university days where I went up practically every weekend to stay with him, cook for him and teach him academic craft such as writing effective essays!

I was extremely tempted to leave him because of them. He has behaved like a little boy, not a man and surprise, surprise, I want a man! He has started to take my wishes seriously now, he has taken up the mantle of my 'warrior' and he says he will fight for me and be strong for me (which is brilliant because he is naturally the mopey type and will usually sulk when there is a problem and I have to be the strong one. Now he is trying to suppress his mopey side and remain strong and focused for most of the time.)
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:40 am

My Granny has a wonderful point when she says, "You didn't ask to be born." All the money we took from our parents you know, eating, getting clothed, going to school, etc. we do not owe our parents for. YES, be grateful, but we do not owe them back.

What I am trying to say is, even though they paid for his Uni, you're still his girl. There comes a time to cut the flipping cord!

Hmmmm... Come to think of it, if he's wanting to get out from under the thumb of his parents, this might not be a bad idea. I mean it figuratively, but it could be done literally, ceremonially, if he might like the idea.

Glad it's getting better, mon ami!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG