Gremlins

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Gremlins

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:57 am

Okay, so a few years ago, me and Grimwell split up for a time. While our energies were not in sync, a small entity that we call "Gremlin" attached itself to Grimwell. It does not seem to be able to get through sheilds on it's own, but has somehow made it's own energy to be so similar to Grimwell's that any place he is invited into, the Gremlin can go. This is not a problem when he was seeing other people, and therefore leading it into their homes, but now he's been back for quite a while, and although the gremlin disappears for months at a time, whenever he comes back he steals things, and doesn't return them for a very long time... sometimes months!

He particularily enjoys stealing our jam. :lol: Don't ask why, but we've had full jars go missing... And we've taken apart our fridge (everything out and then back in) and not had any only to find it a month later, missing about 1/2 of the jam that was in there!

Anyways, he's not really a problem, but like I said, he seems to be able to trick any sheild into accepting him, so long as it will accept Grimwell. How do we get rid of something like that? He'll go away for months if we ask him, but he just keeps coming back. :-?

Any advice? ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:42 am

Have you talked to him about it? You know, asked him not to steal things? :lol: I feel silly. Um, I dunno, I have no real advice for you other than to talk to him about it, let him know that you actually need some of the things he's stealing. Which may not work at all, given the nature of little impy things. Or to bring them back quickly when he's done with them.

You may have to learn to live with him :lol:
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Perhaps layering different types of shields?
::::warning: geek alert::::
When the Federation battled the Borg they had to set their phasers on a rotation because the Borg would get used to the energy and be resistent. Star trek reference btw if you did not recognize. :oops: #-o

Maybe if you used the same type of logic and kept on adjusting your shield energy (yes, tiresome but might work).

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:35 am

Lotus wrote:::::warning: geek alert::::
When the Federation battled the Borg they had to set their phasers on a rotation because the Borg would get used to the energy and be resistent. Star trek reference btw if you did not recognize.
Hee hee, I thought exactly the same thing. I'm a Trekkie too!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:32 am

Actually, I was going to suggest the same thing!

Perhaps adjusting your wards so that the intention of them is different. Instead of accepting people's energy, make it filter based on intention and what will happen.

This is my little ceremony when I am building or strengthening wards. I imagine these things very clearly, and push violently outwards with my arms on some bits:
These walls will let bad energy OUT but not in
These walls will let good energy in and out as it pleases
These walls will let neutral energy in and out.

Bad entities and energies must LEAVE
Neutral energies an entities are welcome to stay for a short while. Anything and anyone that has the intention of or would cause harm or negativity must leave NOW
Good energies and entities are welcome to come and go as they wish.
:oops: :oops: My little ceremony that works for me...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:12 am

Yeah, but Grimwell's my little energy vamp...

Which means you can't set it to intention... it's in his nature to be a predator (speaking of which... Weird thing... Grimwell says that since I learned Reiki my energy tastes different... like expecting pure water and getting a mouthful of sulpher... anyone else had that? :-? ).

I may just have to live with him... :roll:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:42 pm

Oh yes I forgot about that...

About the sulpher thing, I definately feel that this is because Reiki will heal and try to change the nature of his energy so that he is using universal energy and not sucking the energy off of others.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:49 am

Layering your shields is a good idea, but you might want to construct one specifically for the gremlin.

If he's copying Grimwell, and Grimwell's noted the sulfur taste it sounds like it might something unappealing. Study the gremlin's energy as much as you can to see if there's a way to discern it from Grimwell and then set your new ward to broadcast that sulfur energy but only to the gremlin... [Star Trek] Souring the milk, if you will...[/Star Trek]

Of course, you could always ask Grimwell if he can shed the thing. Just take it to a high energy place, peel it off, then cloak himself, and leave.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:53 am

That's the thing, for Grimwell, the Gremlin's not a problem. Every since he can remember his stuff has gone missing and then mysteriously re-appeared.

Remember Luna at the end of the Order of the Pheonix movie... Where she says, "Besides everything always comes back in the end."?

Joe saw that with me and said that's exactly what his life has been like. He always has it when he needs it. If he can't find it, then he really didn't need it then.

*Sigh* :roll: :oops:

I might be able to adapt the sheilds using Reiki again... :-? I never minded the little bugger before, but in the last 2 months, I've lost my purse, my umbrella, my eye make-up, and last year he stole one of books on Reiki and kept it for over 4 months... :evil: Apparently he found it an interesting read. :roll:

Anyways... Thanks for the great advice everybody. I'll have to try adding a Reiki sheild that won't bug Grimwell...

And as an aside for Crazy...
I was looking on the web for a similar pheonomen and I found an account of a woman who was an energy vamp. When she learned Reiki, it nearly put her in the hospital during the "cleansing" stage, but after that she was completely cured (although I hate using the term cured... It feels like I'm discriminating against them because I'm not one #-o ).

Joe's still on the fence on whether he wants to learn Reiki... I've told him to take his time and make an informed decision. Even if he doesn't want to learn it, I don't mind, so long as we're both happy in the end...

And I don't mind his being a vamp. Since he knows, he never takes more than one person can spare easily. It works, even if he doesn't really feed off me anymore.