Wolves

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Greenleaf
Level 1
Level 1

Wolves

Post by Greenleaf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:49 pm

Lately, I have been getting a lot of ACTION mail from the Defenders of Wildlife (http://www.defenders.org/) regarding saving wolves. Apparently, there are those in western states (wild horses have the same problems) that are hellbent on doing away with them. Aside from signing petitions, contacting senators/congressmen and the fish & wildlife disservice, I have been trying to think of something else that can be done.

Someone more adept than me could probably come up with a nasty curse or two, but the karma police tend to frown on that kind of thing. I was thinking more along the lines of positive energy or spellwork. Does anybody know a good "Can't we all just get along?" spell?
"Writing is a socailly acceptable form of schizophrenia." D.L. Doctorow
www.artemisgreenleaf.com

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:20 pm

I get very very angry with people who go about killing other predators. I mean, okay, if their numbers are way too high, then they will starve and the numbers will drop. Prey numbers will go up. So predator numbers will go up. Is a natural thing. Things get somewhat troublesome when the predators get hungry enough to take farm stock and even people. If this is the case, okay, go out and do battle with knife and bow. Shooting wolves from a helicopter is unforgivable. If you don't have the minimals to slaughter them with your own power (even a crossbow counts, because you cock it with your own strength), then you should do it at all. This goes for ALL animals, not just predators.

Oh, is it hard to do it that way? I'm terribly sorry. One should respect the animals one hunts, whatever the reason for doing so. If you hide in the bloody woods and shoot them from a mile away, or shoot them from a gods-cursed helicopter, you are not respecting them and don't try to tell me you are. You're using them for freaking target practice.

**FUME**

This is a major issue for me, as you probably guessed from that rant. It's such an emotional issue that I probably don't even think it through properly. I'm just... shocked, horrified, enraged, and terribly upset.
Who are these people, and why are they hurting the wildlife?

We have possums. Far, far too many possums. More possums than SHEEP. They eat all our native trees, which sucks. People shoot them, poison them, trap and kill them. (Personally I think we should either a) capture them and send them all back to Australia where they came from, or b) genetically engineer a panther that eats only possums, that will then destroy the possum population without, for e.g., killing any small children.) I don't mind this too much... I dislike that they are being killed, but the damage they are doing to the ecosystem is dramatic. (The bodies are used: the meat is exported for consumption, and the skins are made into overpriced fur products. Which is better than them rotting in the woods, I suppose.)

Blah blah tangent blah blah...
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

quicksilver
Level 1
Level 1

Post by quicksilver » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:32 am

i with you there but they are coming back in yoweel stone i would recmde julil of the wolfs by gene gogre it really deals wiht this issue :lol:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:26 am

Quicksilver, could you edit your post or repost so that I can understand what you just said??

Greenleaf: As for magic, buy a cheap little wolf statue, draw a picture of wolves, or in some other way have something tangible in your hands that says, "WOLF" to your subconscious mind. Meditate with it. See your item in your mind. Then more of them, sort of like cut & paste. Keep doing this until you have many, and then see them out in the wild, and somehow work balance into this. Myself, I would envision a wolf on an old scale with a deer on the other end in perfect balance.

Strange little meditation, I realize. It is something that you can be creative with and alter to fit your needs.

Another idea is to draw pictures with lots of wolves in them. When done in Sacred Space with a magical intent, this actually has a lot of power. Once again, since the balance is so out of hand, you may want to draw symbols that represent balance for you.

Just some ideas. Try them. With the passion you are feeling towards this issue, these two things could be powerful for you. Magic, I feel, is not so much about form or order, but in how it is seen in the subconscious mind, which has tremendous creative potential.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:51 am

Or if you are worried about them being hunted, a suggestion:

If you draw, place them within pentagrams, picture them within your circle while you meditate, place the image within a shrub or in someway hidden by plants or even picture the area and visualize hearing the howls - but never seeing the wolves.

Protection and concealment - Karma Police can't object to that. :-D
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:29 pm

Dark Waters wrote:Or if you are worried about them being hunted, a suggestion:

If you draw, place them within pentagrams, picture them within your circle while you meditate, place the image within a shrub or in someway hidden by plants or even picture the area and visualize hearing the howls - but never seeing the wolves.

Protection and concealment - Karma Police can't object to that. :-D
That's very good, actually. I might try that.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes