Fire Agates

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Greenleaf
Level 1
Level 1

Fire Agates

Post by Greenleaf » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:41 pm

I created two necklaces. They are almost identical (Pyrite, Iolite, Citrine, Labradorite, Apatite, Angelite, Amazonite) Except: One has Moonstone and a Sodalite focal Bead. The other has a Rhodenite and Fire Agate focal bead.

I feel fine when I wear the Sodalite one, but I can't seem to stay awake when I wear the Fire Agate one. Has anyone else had this with Fire Agates, or is it just me?

When I'm not wearing them, they are on a window sill so they get sunlight and moonlight. If they feel especially dirty, I cleanse them with running water (although I have heard you should be careful about getting Angelite wet).
"Writing is a socailly acceptable form of schizophrenia." D.L. Doctorow
www.artemisgreenleaf.com

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:16 am

Ah some people react oddly to some stones. This is not one I am too familiar with, so I have gone to Melody's Love is in the Earth. This is what it says, aside from the energies of the stone inspiring you to be the best you can be, without fear, full of introspection and inspiration:
It has been used on the triple-burner accupressure/accupuncture meridians to dissolve blockages and to assist in the treatment of circulatory disorders and disorders of the central nervous system. It can also be used in the treatment of disorders of the eyes to bring clarity to the sight, and to enhance night-vision.

Vibrates to the number 9. Astrological sign of Aries.
p88

Wow this sounds like a very interesting stone. At a glance seems to utilize the best energies surrounding fire.

Which would probably be why you are getting so energized from it!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:23 pm

Oooooh I want that book! But so expensive! :-(
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:30 am

Yes, definately expensive, but maybe because it is so thick it could stay put in a tornado! I feel it is worth it, but I will spend hours justifying the expense of books.

hmmm. Groceries, or a good book? Groceries or a good book? Tough call...
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:01 pm

book, every time.

As I always say, food is for the weak...literally I guess. :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:20 pm

Food for the soul, mon ami ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:27 am

LOL, I never thought of it that way....It's like and excuse to buy more books!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:29 am

Yeah, but did you really NEED an excuse? Lol...
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:16 am

No but I have a few anyway

I'm a grad student.....
They aren't that expensive.....
How can I be famous if I don't read what other people wrote...
I'm wearing shorts.....
I'm thirsty....
all good excuses!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:48 pm

ROFL I'm much the same ... Gimme any reason to buy a book, and I'll do it!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:00 am

I'm the same... I have about 4 new books in the house that I haven't finished reading yet... but I've put them on hold to re-read the Harry Potter series before I go see the new movie! #-o

And yet, everytime we pass the nearest McNally Robinson's or Chapter's or any used book store, I still want to stop and check out what they have that I don't. :roll: And yet if I go in, I know I'll end up coming out with a book... I've decided to pause the book-buying... At least until I finish reading all I have right now. ;)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:03 pm

Umm, Kitsune you might do better NOT to re-read Order of the Phoenix before going to see the movie. That way you don't notice the HUGE gaping unexplained holes in the movie version. The movie was still good action and special effects wise, but they left too much out in their efforts to keep the movie only 2 hours long. It leaves those who haven't read the book confused cuz they just don't give enough explanation to some of the stuff that happens, and those who have read it are equally as confused cuz they're wondering where the other 3/4 of the story went.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:54 pm

I liked the movie but there was a lot of stuff was left out. I am dying for book seven, absolutely dying for it to come.

I am re-reading the series for that. I know its nerdy but I will be at my local indie bookstore at midnight Friday come hell or high water.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 am

Lol, that's why I ordered mine online. You won't catch me within a mile of any bookstore the day it comes out. Me+crowds of small children=very bad claustrophobia and headaches. So I'll be waiting safe at home when my book arrives.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:34 am

Heh... A magician friend of mine is performing tricks at the release of Harry Potter at the bookshop.

I've never read a Harry Potter book. Can't say I want to... Maybe when it's unpopular or the fuss has died down in about 20 years, and they have stopped selling plastic Harry Potter cauldrons and magic sticks.

The story itself sounds interesting. It must be very compelling to have swayed nations of little people into reading again ^_^ and having to compete with TV, video games, and the internet.
Crazy Healer Lady