Visitors of the "Other" Kind.. Room mates.. and me

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Visitors of the "Other" Kind.. Room mates.. and me

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:57 pm

You know your in for a good rant when the title is that long ei?

But yeah, Today I went to my mates house, vegged out for a bit, left at 9pm, got back around 11.30pm after a brisk walk in the cold as the bus didn't want to come. I'm greet with my room mate saying "I'm glad you back" in a really exasperated way that just made me want to run back to my friends house... (for those who don't know, new room mate in my house that i've lived in for 3 years.)

Apparently whilst I was out he had a visitor of some kind. It's not abnormal for this house. My mums first husband, also nicknamed gold swirly light pops up every now and then, Old friend of mine Brian drops in every now and then along with young girl ghost who I picked up in one of the pubs, But thats a long story for a less ranty post. My mums first husband was known for moving things around, so finding the minstrels under the last wasn't a shock for me. I generally have no fear of ghosts. I come from a line of mediums bu I was never trained and I have no idea what gifts I may have in the area (will find out soon apparently :/) But I have no fear of them, The particularly nasty ones have been stumped by me and generally avoid me, the ok/normal/what ever ones are just there. I don't run around yelling at them, or get angry or scared of them, I'm just used to them and I don't insult them. When me and my mum cleansed the house we did it subtly to allow her ex husband to do it properly. The way we have always done it...

OK..Back story over, Apparently whilst i was out and he was in my room, the temp dropped and he got some interference of a very odd kind on just one set of speaks (I have about 6 in my room) chills, noises, the whole shebang. Which he then apparently told it to "Get Lost" one thing I'd never do.

He then started talking about cleansing my house, and his mum sending protective energy to the house... that she had already done with out me knowing. I may be irrational in thinking this, I don't like people sending things to the place in which I live with out my permission or asking. I have stupidly strong shields, I always have, Don't know if they are mine but people generally have a trouble sending me energy, the closer to me the more chance they have of receiving a nice headache for their efforts. It's not intentional, I just don't know how to lower them!

But the idea of some one sending energy to my home, with out my permission when I'm not here, and then suddenly I get the first unkind (well kinda unkind... it scared him...) visit that I have ever had in my life, I can't help but think it's connected. I've told him to apologize, and tell his mum she's welcome to send things to his room only, if it bleeds into my part of the house it will not be welcome at all.

I have no idea what to do if he tells her to start sending it anyway, ignoring me... or he cleanses the house when I'm not here, does any one have any idea for things I can do. I'm useless at teaching and I can't teach him not to fear them because I have this from life long experience, he freaks out if his "Keeper" (He comes from a spiritualist family also, in his family the spirit that cares for them from birth is known as a keeper) does anything more than send him a feeling.

Since this whole un-bound thing has happened I've been feeling a lot stronger, he is now saying that I'm drawing things in and thats why it wasn't a nice visit. But if thats true why didn't it happen when I got home... Or any time in the last 4 weeks I've been here 99% of the time, but it happened when I went out for a while... after he had his mum send energy which many people know I've never been comfortable with.

So any one have any tips what to do about a house mate who is trying to upset your home balance by directly ignoring my wishes? Talking won't really help, he has several times referred to me... in a joke but serious way, as a freak as I'm not unnerved by any of this, and ignore half the things I've said, deciding to walk off instead of talking... Ugh. Plus to much is happening right now for my main place of safety to become wrong in feeling to me, he can do what he likes in his room... I don't go in there... but his main problem is with MY room... I like my room the way it is lol... Ok, I'm going to shush now... this has turned into a huge rant whilst trying to get all the details in...
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:28 pm

Yikes...

Well, first off, when experiencing someone passing on recently, "paranormal" (gods I hate that word) happenings are far more common. Veils are thin. An upset, such as an unwelcome burst of energy sent toward your home, can definately trigger visits. Who knows if it was really negative or not.

The way to stop your roomie from doing something you don't like in your house? Give them their notice. (Not affordable, I know...)

If you have strong shields, as you mention, put the intention that no one can mess with the spirits in their boundaries. Put in the intention that whenever they are in the boundaries of your space, they are bound. I am NOT in favour of binding, as I feel Spirit will do that on Its own if necessary, but this is a simple case of protecting your space and keeping the harmony.

That, and give them a book to read, one that you found particularly good and useful. I'm not sure how many you would have as you grew up in a family that most of us replace books for!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:12 am

First, can you tell him to stay the heck out of your room?

Can you talk to the ghosts and tell them, sorry about this other guy.

Can you shield your room?

I have never had a problem like that. My sisters are all afraid of ghosts, I just sort of say hey, I know you are here, can we live together peacefully, I wonder if fear tends to make ghosts harder to live with? I am wondering this because the ghosts in my sisters' houses' wreak a bit of havoc sometimes, and they seem to love to torture the cats, mine just do their own thing.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:34 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Yikes...

Well, first off, when experiencing someone passing on recently, "paranormal" (gods I hate that word) happenings are far more common. Veils are thin. An upset, such as an unwelcome burst of energy sent toward your home, can definately trigger visits. Who knows if it was really negative or not.
The energy is the main thing that has gotten me worried, I know the woman has a seriously dislike for me and wants my room mate to go home. It is a nightmare to talk about this conversation without sounding like something from bad movie! I get it all the time, bout 4 generations back my family were referred to as the "Warren Witches" Namely because their second names were Warren and they rarely ever took any one else's... then the TV series Charmed came along...

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: The way to stop your roomie from doing something you don't like in your house? Give them their notice. (Not affordable, I know...)
Benn considering it... He's also a mate... well close to being an EX mate at the rate of things

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: If you have strong shields, as you mention, put the intention that no one can mess with the spirits in their boundaries. Put in the intention that whenever they are in the boundaries of your space, they are bound. I am NOT in favour of binding, as I feel Spirit will do that on Its own if necessary, but this is a simple case of protecting your space and keeping the harmony.
I'll have to give that one a shot but I've never REALLY had to, I've never wanted or needed to lol.

Crazy Healer Lady wrote: That, and give them a book to read, one that you found particularly good and useful. I'm not sure how many you would have as you grew up in a family that most of us replace books for!
Never read a book on the subject in my life >.< I'm going to go look over amazon.
Willow wrote:First, can you tell him to stay the heck out of your room?
My pc is the only one with the Net until next moth :(

Willow wrote: Can you talk to the ghosts and tell them, sorry about this other guy.
I did a little last night but I was shattered, I'll have another go tonight.

Willow wrote: Can you shield your room?

I have never had a problem like that. My sisters are all afraid of ghosts, I just sort of say hey, I know you are here, can we live together peacefully, I wonder if fear tends to make ghosts harder to live with? I am wondering this because the ghosts in my sisters' houses' wreak a bit of havoc sometimes, and they seem to love to torture the cats, mine just do their own thing.
I'll give shielding a shot, I've not had any experience with stretching my sheilds so it will be a fun experiment lols. I think if you fear ghosts they either enjoy it or get offended at it. I know I'd be some where between those two idea's!

Arcanum Owl
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arcanum Owl » Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Another idea you might like to try is to ground your shield. Basically any energy directed at your house from this person have your shield redirect it to the earth. It's rather simple to do as you already know who the person is and you are basically teaching your shield what to do. It's specific per person, won't upset any entities (some actually find it funny) and the person directing it will usually not be aware of what's happening.

Has worked well in the past for me, and the earth benefits from the additional energy.
"Project what you are and what you feel, not what you think!" - quoted from yours trully.

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:13 am

This sounds awful, I have a big deal with people touching things I've expressly told them to leave alone and I go off the deep end if I discover people have been in my room without my permission and used my stuff. Short of locking your door when you're out and only allowing your roomie to use the PC when you're in the house, I don't know what else you can do practically. Spiritually you could put an energy filter on your door so that it will block energy sent by someone else but allow energy you send to filter through, that way when you're out of the house and your roomie is allowed to use the PC, any energy he sends will be filtered out and energy you send will be filtered back inside.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:53 am

Jescissa wrote:This sounds awful, I have a big deal with people touching things I've expressly told them to leave alone and I go off the deep end if I discover people have been in my room without my permission and used my stuff.
Me too. I am fanatically territorial about my stuff. No one may enter my room without my express permission. Even if I'm in there I go on High Alert until they leave. (My room is my room, damnit.) There are books that can be borrowed, and books that must be left alone unless I am there. No one may touch my pendant... which is a pain in the butt, because everyone wants to have a look at it and most of them reach out and take hold of it before I can tell them to back off.

I hate, HATE anyone touching my altar or anything on it. I have to go through and re-charge everything. IT IS NOT A TABLE. YOU MAY NOT SIT ON IT. YOU MAY NOT PUT YOUR COFFEE ON IT. Argh.

With me, it's not so much "if I told you to touch it, don't touch it" but more of an "if I haven't expressly told you that you can touch it, don't touch it" :lol: What's worse is that I tend to assume that people are generally like me (which is probably a common human flaw) and that no one would touch anything that wasn't theirs without permission. Alas, not so. People are so disrespectful, ne?

Oh, and don't even get me started on people who want to use my laptop. Only my fingers may touch these keys!

In this situation, I would fume in silence for a few weeks. (Because fuming in silence is just what I tend to do when I'm furious, not out of any real intention.) Then, when I had PMS and was twitching in anger anyway, Flatmate or Flatmate's mother would say something innocently that would set me off. I would rant. I would scream. I might even throw something. And then, if my name was the one on the lease, out Flatmate would go, thank you so very much. And then when I had calmed down, I would worry about paying the rent.

I know that there are much more, err, diplomatic ways to go about all this. But this is your home and you have to be comfortable and content there. If the energies aren't right, it's your prerogative to change things until they are settled again. I know that in most cases, calm conversation works far better than bloody rows. But this is your home, the place where you should feel safe and comfortable and content. The disrespect of not asking you first is one thing... but the fact that you'd have to go over the house and set everything right again is just the icing on the cake. It's like a robber coming in, rifling through all your stuff, and leaving again; not taking anything, but leaving the whole place messy and askew. Not only has your home been violated by this intrustion, but now you have to go through and check that everything is still there, pick your underwear off the ceiling fan, straighten all the pictures and pick bits of broken vase out of the carpet.

Of course, this is my take on it. I am a private person and I expect my territory and my things to be treated with respect. I'm a bit extreme about that sort of thing ;)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:53 am

I'm the same about most rooms. If some one makes a mess in my kitchen, They either tidy it, Or they don't get to eat for the next four hours where I will systematically clean EVERYTHING!

Also my roommate is a flaming vampire for my crystals! Drives me loony.

I've manage to refrain from hurting him cause his girlfriend knew me when I was in school and knows I'm scary. But he keeps testing it every now and then saying I wouldn't hit him.. or smash his head into a window... at which point I managed to cut my hand open on the can I was holding...

He may actually be moving anyway, his mum slipped down a few stairs and bumped her head a bit. His brothers are jackass's and never help out so he may go back to look after her. I'm torn because this way I get my house back and I can move my other friend in who is skeptical about all my beliefs and wont know how to mess things up xD, but I know if he goes and moves back it will be a bad decision for him in the long run. His mum insists she doesn't need a career and refuses him careers allowance whilst bugging him to get a job in McDonalds (The guy is getting a masters in History..) his brother and rest of fam treat him like crap and He's going to be stuck in Merthy all over again with the woman he loves (My best mate) in Birmingham in college. So its like yay, my house again, and crap my friend is going back into the self destructive cycle I've been trying to get him out of for 3 years.

*Slams head repeatedly into wall*

His mom REALLY does not like me any how, she refuses to believe her energy may of caused a bit of a hiccup up here and that it is actually my fault it happened (How?!). She also told my room mate that my DoorKeeper (I don't know anything about doorkeepers, This is more along her line of beliefs, so I'm sketchy and am repeating what I was told) Popped up down their and was looking around her house to find out where the energy came from I think. Don't have a clue why I wasn't supposed to know that... weird..

Ok ranting and confusion over xD I have a headache :(

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:01 am

It's not incredibly common, but energy can take on a life of it's own... Especially house shields I find.

If you put enough of yourself, along with your energy into anything, it develops a personality and a spirit... If you've put into your shield your intense dislike of Idiot mortals mucking it up, then it may have developed a personality and gone checking when she poked him. Perhaps the hic-up wasn't actually in the shields, but because your "shield guardian" left to find out who was directly trying to piss him off... and left up a minor shield in his place? :lol: #-o

Sometimes the world of spirit confuses even me...

On the other hand, if this is the case, and your shield has developed a personality and sentinence, then it means that your shielding will stand up to "odd" attacks even better, since it can make informed decisions on how to deal with intruders, rather than simply relying on how it was originally placed...
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews