Imps

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Imps

Post by Jescissa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:15 am

I don't really know where to put this, but here goes :-D

I keep seeing little black things around me, I can see them out of the corner of my eye and I can't focus on them properly, they are there one minute and gone the next, but they're always black and quite low to the ground.

The first few times it happened I thought it was my dog, but even though I felt it brush past my leg and saw a flash of black in the corner of my eye, my dog would usually be downstairs or outside and nowhere near me. I then thought they must be shadows, but shadows don't move like that and I'm sure that nothing I own could cast a shadow quite like that and have it disappear so soon afterwards.

My Nain always used to tell stories about housemice, fairies and imps so I've named these things imps...but I really have no idea what they are. Part of me is a little scared, but another part of me is just thinking it's my imagination...but why would I keep imagining them?

This is very different from my second sight because I'm not seeing the future, I'm seeing a black shape in one instant, and nothing the next. :-?
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:52 am

So not to be uncool. I see tuff like that all the time, I write it off to just normal things my eyes do.

However, I know other people on this board have exercises you can do to help focus or become more attuned to those things.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:58 am

We have those in my house...but since I don't "See", I don't know if they look like that. My cat chases random energy patterns that I feel...they don't fit the enegry of my local Fairies, so I just call them Shadows.

I think they are well, Dark Faeries...not like Dark = evil, like Dark = hidden. I never sensed that they meant us harm, but that they were playful. Litlte critters like that are attracted to those who can see or feel them...they like to be recognized. If they are what I think they are, tell them to go play w/ your dog...they'll like that!

A simple warding against ill intent will show you if they are harmful or not. Just cleanse the house enough to temporarily chase them out (but don't try to truly banish them), tie the wards against ill intent to the walls, and then wait and see. If they come back, they're not here to hurt you, if they don't, then they were malicious or at least dangerously mischievious. If it takes them a while, ie-they come back as the ward starts to weaken, then they might be dangerous, so you should banish them from your house.

hope this helps!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:22 am

When you are very very tired, you tend to see many things out of the corner of your eyes, a trick of the mind.

However that does not explain the feeling of them brushing up against you!!

Perhaps they are brownies. I find that before sight of their (Faerie) realm advances, everything looks shadowy and black, or they may really be shadowy. What does your gut say on this issue?

I welcome all types of fae into my home, especially my healing room. In my healing room, though, they appear as white light, although I think this may be more to do with the fact that in my healing room is where I cleanse darkness and turn it to light, so they appear as light to show me they are not to be cleansed! :lol:

If you find things start to go missing, or you start tripping lots, or random bad things start happening, tell them they must leave your home, or be good. It might not even be bad to say now to them, "Hello! You are welcome here if you have good intentions, and you do not behave badly! However, if you are planning any tricks, or have negative intentions, you are not allowed to stay, and you must please leave now."
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:38 am

They appear most often when I'm in my bedroom trying to tidy up and they mostly hang around in the doorway before darting into my room and disappearing. They also tend to follow me down the road when I leave the house. I don't get any negative feeling off them, I just feel a little bit scared that I'm possibly going bonkers :lol:

Willow, I thought perhaps it was my eyes, but I keep checking my glasses and there aren't any black smudges on them!

I'll try and see whether warding changes anything. I don't need any more bad luck these days, I certainly hope my visitors are for good luck!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:50 am

Might be a good idea to get your eyes checked anyway, in case your retina's detaching or your occipital lobe is having tiny seizures or strokes or something. Not to be a buzzkill or anything, but better safe than sorry!

Mostly if I feel there's something... New and Different poking around (I usually can't see anything, but I feel new presences or "see" shapes), I get their attention and then tell them on no uncertain terms that I will have no *%^#ing around within my home. They're welcome enough, but there are Rules (invent your own... mine tend to revolve around leaving the bathroom when I'm showering and staying out of my room while I sleep), and if they break them or are otherwise destructive, then I would be grateful if they'd leave as soon as possible, thank-you-so-very-much.

Best to let them know what's acceptible behaviour and what isn't up front, before your cat becomes completely neurotic or the urn with your grandmother's ashes gets knocked onto the floor or something :lol: As far as the clinical psychology society is concerned, we're all a bit schizotypal because we believe in magick and gods (let alone because we see/hear/feel/believe in things that many people don't). But the fact that you're worried about going bonkers means that you're probably not. If I was worried about your brain, I'd be more worried about your visual cortex.

I'm quite happy to have tall thin people or strange little critters in my home, but it's not really fair on them to have me go completely ape-s*** on them if they didn't know something would upset or offend me.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Envy
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Imps

Post by Envy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:44 am

Jescissa wrote:I don't really know where to put this, but here goes :-D

I keep seeing little black things around me, I can see them out of the corner of my eye and I can't focus on them properly, they are there one minute and gone the next, but they're always black and quite low to the ground.

The first few times it happened I thought it was my dog, but even though I felt it brush past my leg and saw a flash of black in the corner of my eye, my dog would usually be downstairs or outside and nowhere near me. I then thought they must be shadows, but shadows don't move like that and I'm sure that nothing I own could cast a shadow quite like that and have it disappear so soon afterwards.

My Nain always used to tell stories about housemice, fairies and imps so I've named these things imps...but I really have no idea what they are. Part of me is a little scared, but another part of me is just thinking it's my imagination...but why would I keep imagining them?

This is very different from my second sight because I'm not seeing the future, I'm seeing a black shape in one instant, and nothing the next. :-?

I honestly have no opinion or interests in fairies, imps, gnomes, slyphs or what ever people "claim" to see. I suppose its something I can't bring myself to understand or accept becuase I honestly could careless.

It is my opinion that these "Imps" as you call them are merely shadows and objects that catch a small glance when you look around. But again this is my opinion and you can believe what you want.

daybydayiwalkmyway
Level 1
Level 1

Post by daybydayiwalkmyway » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:06 am

Sounds like you rattracting friends!

haven't seen anything like that since i moved to vegas...
If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become full,
let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything,
give everything up.

Greenleaf
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Greenleaf » Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:35 pm

Have you thought about ghosts? Could someone (like a close friend or relative) on the other side be trying to contact you? Sometimes deceased pets come to check on you as well.
"Writing is a socailly acceptable form of schizophrenia." D.L. Doctorow
www.artemisgreenleaf.com

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:49 pm

Greenleaf: Thanks for replying but it's definitely not ghosts, and my deceased pets are goldfish :lol: It was a good suggestion, but I know they're not ghosts because I can't see ghosts and I've been around a few to know what I can and can't sense. I have had some relatives die this year, but the Imps arrived before my relatives died.

Daybydayiwalkmyway: It certainly looks like it! I don't see them as much these days, but then again, I'm working a lot and I only tend to see them around my house!
Envy wrote:It is my opinion that these "Imps" as you call them are merely shadows and objects that catch a small glance when you look around. But again this is my opinion and you can believe what you want.
Have you ever had a tangible shadow brush up against your leg? I'm also curious why you responded if you care little about the subject!

I think I know where you're coming from. I cannot bring myself to discuss 'angels' and 'angel magic'. The people who write books (here's looking at you Doreen Virtue Ph.D) and take classes on the subject are nauseating, I find the idea of angels very weird and I don't believe they actually exist...but if someone else believed they had a genuine encounter with an angel, that's their experience and I wouldn't try to dissuade them from believing they met an angel just because I don't believe in angels.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jul 14, 2007 8:16 pm

I cannot bring myself to discuss 'angels' and 'angel magic'. The people who write books (here's looking at you Doreen Virtue Ph.D) and take classes on the subject are nauseating, I find the idea of angels very weird and I don't believe they actually exist...but if someone else believed they had a genuine encounter with an angel, that's their experience and I wouldn't try to dissuade them from believing they met an angel just because I don't believe in angels.
Ahh I was like this, too! I believed angels were just guides called a different name, until I saw one O_O

But I am perfectly open to the idea that people see things differently than others based upon their world views. For instance, what I may perceive as a rainbow others may see as a waterfall!

We can all get along. All beliefs are valid. I've had plenty of people call me crazy because I believe in fae, and I find it very hard not to call those who don't believe in global warming crazy.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:11 am

I'm firmly of the belief that every "mythical" creature exists in the ether... They just may not be like our myths portray them.

Angels exist, but they may be too pure of intent to be contacted easily. Mind you, I've never gone searching for one... Myself, I find that dragons, and kitsune are much more amiable to answer any questions I may have! :lol:

I think that everybody can contact these creatures, but that certain creatures are more willing to go out of their way for us... Similar vibratory levels and personality types and all that.

But perhaps Crazy can answer for us... She's met one after all, and personal experience beats speculation any time of the day. [-X
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:57 am

But perhaps Crazy can answer for us... She's met one after all, and personal experience beats speculation any time of the day.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Angels exist, but they may be too pure of intent to be contacted easily.
Actually, for the longest time I could never hear what they were saying!!! they would show up for my partner, and would have so much to say, but it sounded like they were talking with layers of rags over their mouths! I guess I was not at that vibration. Now their speech is clear but they are always fleeting.
I am not sure if they were too pure or not. For myself, I think it had more to do with vibration. They remind me of light, sort of. They can be there but you don't notice, and then when they work through you during a treatment, GODS OPEN THE WINDOWS I AM BOILING I'm too young to be menopausal! Not that bad, but warm enough to make my skin red and to sweat; some people love it, and sometimes I do too, especially in winter ^_^. And then when they leave, it's back to normal. I don't even feel the residual heat that is always there after being so warm.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:04 am

Wow... That sounds incredible. Thanks for the input!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews