What energy do you best connect with?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Unknown
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: What energy do you best connect with?

Post by Unknown » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:34 pm

The energy i feel the connection with is fire for some reason i'm not so sure and ( :-( please don't freak out i'm new with studies with magic) but when i'm around a graveyard i feel stronger i feel like i can do more then ever and i don't get sad but i feel joy.

i'm still very confused about magic but i know i deff feel a pulling for it
The dead has a voice such as the living but hearing that voice is something differnet.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Dec 05, 2008 5:50 pm

I love graveyards :) I get nostalgic, happy, and peaceful.

Why all the sad faces?

Nice to meet you! How about posting an introductory post in the Newbies section and telling us about yourself? We're good people :) We only bite Fundies
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Sìle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Sìle » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Kitsune wrote:What time of Year do you feel most at home? What energies give you a bad juju feeling? :lol:
Winter is the time when I can attune more easily. During storms is even easier, the energy is there for the taking.

There is no one particular energy that has a "rotten" tinge to it, but I've encountered it in various places. Sometimes its the local spirit, sometimes its the energy of the land, the water or even the trees. More often than not, specific people carry ugly energy.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 pm

Woops, Sile! Were you looking to put this in a different thread? Let me know the one and I'll transfer it for you :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:40 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Woops, Sile! Were you looking to put this in a different thread? Let me know the one and I'll transfer it for you :)
Sile is quoting from Kitsune's original post in the thread honey lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:53 am

oops!!! Here I was thinking this was a one-page thread. No wonder the whole thread lost me. Thanks, my dear!
Crazy Healer Lady

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:27 pm

I have found the energy that I resonate with well shifts depending upon what type of magick I study at that time. Sure there are things that I've always felt an afinity with.
Of course your "affinities" will change with study, as well as over time due to changes in personality, mood, environment, focus, etc... "the only constant in the universe is change". If you're focusing on studying and learning a given kind of magick, let's say tree work in the celtic tradition, then you are going to start resonating with tree energy. Or as another example from my life (here comes a ramble), chi/ki, in the asian martial arts sense.

I have been involved with martial arts since I was 8 years old. Throughout my youth, I studied "external" martial arts, tae kwon do, kick boxing, shoot boxing, kenpo, traditional karate-do, etc. When I was 20, I found a new teacher who focused on the "internal" martial arts, specifically baguazhang and some of the internal elder monk systems of chuanfa (kung fu). At first, even with the pagan and magickal background, I thought all the internal stuff was just b.s., you know the whole, focus your energy just so an strike x times harder, or deeper, or whatever. I thought the slow motions of the training and focus on breathing and such was total new age-y crap. However, over time not only did I learn to do and experience many amazing things, I found that my personal magick was stronger and more focused. This all come home the first time I did a "break" using what I'd learned. My sifu (read teacher/master in english), setup some solid concrete slabs and had me continue the internal iron palm exercises I'd been doing using that instead of the training bag I was using. At one point in the moving meditation, he removed the bag that was on them and told me to make the strike on the towel he had replaced it with. I was already in a slightly altered mental state (read alpha waves) and didn't stop to question him. I struck the concrete with maybe 1/8 the power I would use in combat, yet the concrete shattered, all 3 blocks, with literally minimal effort on my side. Needless to say, I didn't consider the internal arts and techniques so useless and full of it after that.

Throughout this training, any real form of qigong has you focus on breathing, but also on energy circulation. It's not something you really think about on a normal day to day basis. However, while going through this training, and since then, I have a much stronger connection with my personal energy, my Chi (Qi/Ki/Etc). I also have a stronger affinity and sense for the chi flowing around my in my environment.

That's a rather long ramble to simply show that what we focus on and/or the changes in our mindset and such can and do effect our affinities and our perceptions. As another example, if you spent a year focusing on learning, studying and practicing magicks that used primarily or only fire, then at the end of that year, you would feel a much stronger connection to fire energy, and possibly less of a connection to something else that you had previously felt a strong affinity to (though not necessarily).

There is a quote I love from a book that isn't so good as more than a story book, even though it was written as a teaching book... the quote is this "without conflict, there is only stagnation". This is another way of saying that only through change is there growth and that holds true in all things, including which energies we feel connected to.

Blessings,
RuneWulf
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com