What energy do you best connect with?

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

What energy do you best connect with?

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:18 am

For me, It's nature, the powers of Love & Gratitude. I used to store up energy so I used that, and Human energy directed at me tended to make me ill, while energy from the ether and spirits with Good Intentions feels good. I love the energy during the Winter, especially near Solstice, and I tend to feel Contemplative and Released during Full Moons, while during cresent Moons, I feel Rejuvinated

I connect with Animals and Nature way more than I tend to with my fellow human beings it seems...

What about you guys? What energies can you easily use? What time of Year do you feel most at home? What energies give you a bad juju feeling? :lol:

Come on, this is to see what we connect with and see if we can narrow it down to a personality or some other trait for how we use and what we prefer to use for energy!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

xAutumn_Leafx
Level 2
Level 2

Post by xAutumn_Leafx » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:58 am

I'm definitely a nature person too. Mammals, birds, trees, wind, sun, moon, all of it. Energy from humans seems to pull me in a million different directions and makes me want to bury myself in my house. I get a lot of bad energy during the summer and I think it's because it's such a high-energy season for most people. I feel most free and alive during the fall, especially October. I don't know why it's this one month, but it always seems to be the month when my spirit soars.

I like this thread; it's interesting!
"The richness I achieve comes from Nature, the source of my inspiration." ~ Claude Monet

"Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens." ~Carl Jung

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:03 am

I connect with big things. The wind, forests, mountains, Rivers, the sky. Animals, some but not really, my cats are the closest I come, i love animals, but I don't have that immediate connection to them.

Other people, sometimes. Often they fascinate me so the connection is one way.

As for energy, I think I am always happiest int he fall. I love the colour, the chaning of seasons, and just the crisp feeling that sneaks into the air. It is a very calming time for me
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:03 pm

Well, as I have just said in another thread here, Autumn, winter, are my best times. So I suppose my energys are season/weather related.

Also water, LOTS of it. But strangly enough, considering my inverse hibernational habits, fire and warmth are also energy providors for me.

The contemplation of astro physics, for inspiration.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:47 am

RAIN!

I love the forest. I feel so at home. And when it is raining, I feel so calm. Especially in my years of depression, when I'd be filled with turmoil and chaos, the rain would make it all just stand still and hail the higher powers, though I did not consciously know of them then. It used to be that every time I was driven by water, even in mid-sentence, I'd go silent and still until the water passed. I can't really explain what an effect it had on me.

I love the autumn! It is my favourite season. The air is crisp and makes me feel alive! Winter I cannot help but bundle up, hike up the mountain, and listen to NOTHING except the trinkle of snowflakes landing. It is only recentlty that I have given summer the respect it deserves, because, since going raw, I am not boiling!! But still, autumn :)

I've also had a strange connection to animals since I was a child. So, in answer to your question, animals, WATER & RAIN, FOREST, and AUTUMN and winter.

O_O I am strange today...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Stormy

Re: What energy do you best connect with?

Post by Stormy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:10 pm

Kitsune wrote: I connect with Animals and Nature way more than I tend to with my fellow human beings it seems...
I've felt this way since I was a baby in the crib (yes, I'm one of those rare folks who can remember things from before my first birthday, memories confirmed by family members). As a child, I spent most of my time in the forests and fields around my home, many weekends at our families camp in the mountains by Tionesta creek here in Northern PA.

I knew all the older, large trees - mostly oak, but a few walnut and maple - in our lot and the woods around our home. I was smart enough in the ways of the forest and animals that by the time I was 11 or 12 my father actually "cut me loose" at the camp and allowed me to roam over literally miles of the national forest that surrounded the camp - alone - and I never got lost, even without a compass.

Animals have "spoken" to me my whole life, and I to them. My empathy feels natural and comforting with animals, where as I have spent most of my life trying to learn to control it and endure it where it concerns humans. Animals feelings don't "lie" - if an animal feels like it is going to bite you, you are likely to get bitten if you don't back off. Humans, however, will feel all the hate for you inside and still act nice to your face, or worse, I may feel that inside, they feel sympathy or kindness towards me, yet, for their own ends, they will act exactly the opposit to me. Empathy is NOT mind reading when it comes to people, not by a long shot. So I prefer the honesty of animals.

Well, I'm rambling, I see - might have something to do with me not being much of a drinker and being on my second bottle of Yuengling tonight ;) Aye, it tastes aweful (yes, I hate beer) but I love what it does (or is supposed to do) for my heath - and my insomnia :roll: But this Yuengling that I bought at a friends recommendation, well, it's a wee bit strong for a cheap drunk like me :lol:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:28 am

Well, they don't call us treehuggers for nothing....:lol:

So for me: it's trees, springs and rain and thunder mostly.
I was born on Alban Elfed(Mabon), so i'm also attuned to the season of Autumn.

K
/|\

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:45 pm

Wow, looks like there are some common themes among us already!!!

1) Animal communication

2) Early memories of "oneness" or otherwise connection to forest and animals

Kitsune, thanks for bringing this thread up ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Aug 18, 2006 8:41 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Wow, looks like there are some common themes among us already!!!

2) Early memories of "oneness" or otherwise connection to forest and animals
Well, From the age of 2, when people started trying to force solids down me (I suppose it was 2????), I used to "feed" my Grannys "Bizzy Lizzy" plant with meat from my plate, whilst no one was looking. :-D

My other link with plants from very young, you may remember a thread some time back when I told of my phobia of those trees with yellow dots on thier leaves (Aucuba Japonica verigatia).

I also used to "sing back" to the whales in the bay, and the wolves.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:52 am

will return later cause this is gonna require a long answer, even for me, lol.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:45 am

GREAT!. I hve been missing your answers.

I look foreward to reading them. 8-)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:48 am

Ok, it's early in the morning and I haven't really slept in two days, so here goes, lol.

The energies that you connect "best" with are these:

1) The energies that you have a natural affinity with

2) The energies that you have grown to understand and/or grown closest with over time

As in the first case, some people are more naturally attuned to a given kind of energy, say earth energy, or fire energy, or moon energy, etc. Often more than one. They just have a natural affinity and leaning towards a certain kind of energy. This is often seen in the study of runes where certain runes click very easilly for someone and others they struggle with.

On to the other method, learning an energy. As with all things, when you come to understand something more deeply, you can empathize with it, or in the case of energies, "connect" with it. This is a technique that is taught in some "schools". Learning about a form of energy, say vibrational energy from drums, or the pounding energy from waterfalls, or the thunderous energy of rolling thunder, until you can "blend" with it, almost becoming one with it. The next step is to take the energy into yourself to make use of, whether in cleansing or to use for other purposed.

The above is a more shamanic approach, though seen also in the asian traditions sometimes, but it is an easy one to explain without have to go through many levels of initiations and many, many books and "hidden teachings" ~ chuckles ~.

Personally, I connect with Fire, Earth, Wind, Spirit, Nature as a whole, Storms, the Moon, Darkness, several others, water being fairly low on the scale. The top several being affinities that I've worked to deepen... others, like the energies of breath and drums being ones I've learned.

I hope this helps and wasn't too long winded.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:18 am

runewulf wrote:This is often seen in the study of runes where certain runes click very easilly for someone and others they struggle with.
Yup. Still have problems with "Uruz". :-?
Personally, I connect with Fire, Earth, Wind, Spirit, Nature as a whole, Storms, the Moon, Darkness, several others, water being fairly low on the scale.
I would replace earth with water, personally. But Darkness. YES, I had not thought of it, but it could explain my sleep "pattern", and my love of the "dark seasons" of autumn and winter. :-?:lol:

"nature as a whole". THAT I must think about. My initial response is that it is only the nature that effects you in your present living environment.

I have very little to no connection with desert, for instance. BUT it is obviously part of nature.

I DO have VERY strong affinity for oak and Yew, holly and, to a lesser degree, hawthorn, but just can not get excited about ash, Birch, rowan, and many others. Which, considering where I was brought up, ie Tundra to Arctic, you may think a little strange.

I won't even kill a moth if I can avoid it. Yet, given I was garunteed complete legal immunity, I would willingly take a gas cutting torch to the nether regions of some people, before enjoying shooting them immensely.

So. I can not honestly say the "WHOLE of nature".
I hope this helps and wasn't too long winded.
It took me HOURS to read. Please cut down your rambles. :lol: :lol:

Seriously, as always, you come up with "thinking food", and discussion points. Never a bad thing.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:12 am

Always a good thing, if it makes you think!

I'm seeing the moon, or night as a recurrant theme. Has anyone ever had a connection with scenery? Not one part of Nature, but a part that includes many elements that you may not usually be able to work with, but because the energy has become so connected, you can.

Maybe I'm not describing this properly... :-?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:48 am

I have found the energy that I resonate with well shifts depending upon what type of magick I study at that time. Sure there are things that I've always felt an afinity with.
Early on as a child I've always been energized by storms. It was strange since I was always watching the weather channel. This is still very natural for me
When I first started with any sort of witchcraft I felt a strong pull towards lunar energy. It was so potent that I could not mesh with any sort of solar energy well. However, since then I have forced myself to balance solar and lunar energies from within. The first diety that called out to me was Dejhote (Thoth) for this reason.
Since I am astrologically speaking considered to be a "fire ball," I've felt a great need to ground off extra fire energy since I have such a surplus.
Sometimes I find my self drawn towards sourced of water...I think maybe to create a balance and cool off the fire ball.
Shortly after being initiated into a Druidic grove I've been able to feel or "hear" what plants (especially Trees) were feeling or wanting. This was difficult to bear around christmas time. I can ground more effectively when I am in a forested area than if I were somewhere else.

Certain sabbats I resonate with the energy better than others. I feel the energies of Lammas and Beltaine more so than any other. Even more so than the more popular sabbats like Yule and Samhein.

Wierd stuff always happens to me around Lammas.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.