Magick/Energy Shielding Basics

serious discussion on magick and energy usages in the world and affects.
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Re: Magick/Energy Shielding Basics

Post by Lotus » Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:04 pm

Thanks, this is a different perspective from what I was taught. Always good information from you.

Bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Unknown
Level 1
Level 1
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Unknown » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:21 pm

i think this is a lesson everyone should take to heart
The dead has a voice such as the living but hearing that voice is something differnet.

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Yes, it is a lesson everyone should take to heart, especially if you're involved in any kind of magick or active mysticism... but everyone should understand and practice shielding... it helps keep yourself whole in many different ways.

What I wrote originally in this post is true and valid, but also remember that there's usually many more ways to accomplish anything than just a single one. Shielding is one of the cornerstones for practicing magick or occult workings, like grounding and energy control.... but it's important in other ways, as it allows one to protect one's own core self, whether it be from magick, mental or emotional attacks or just general negativity that can come at us in daily life. Think of it like having a nice, warm fireplace to curl up next to with a favorite book on a frozen, winter's night... the fireplace is a safe place that brings you comfort... shielding is much the same. Yes, it can be an active defense, but it also helps protect you so you can be comfortable, be yourself... not let that cold wear you down.

Ok, enough ramble for now, I'm getting abstract and prosaic... that's what happens after about 80 hours of no sleep, lol.

Blessings all,
RuneWulf
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:56 am

Rune! Get some sleep! Great points and I wholly agree, but ye gods, man!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 am

I managed to get a couple hours before work called me... maybe I can actually get some over the weekend... I hope so :-?

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 am

Thanks for giving me a little something to stash in my notebook! It's not full of gunk and stuff that I'd have to clear up before copying, either. (I hate having to edit my notes as I take them, it's too distracting, and takes WAY too much effort and time. I like my subject matter to come in 'concentrates', unless explanation, is absolutely needed!) You've got a LOT of good information some of the newbs like myself could use.

It's very similar to most of the shielding methods I've read about in detail, though I bet there are more.

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:11 am

You're quite welcome and you're correct, there are other techniques, but most have the same general basics, just different "finishing work", like what you visualize as the shield, say hedge of thorns, stone wall or star trek forcefield... whether or not you layer other items on it, like runes, or try to layer overlapping shields to suit different things. The core of it is usually the same though.

Blessings

Mahala
Level 15
Level 15
Zodiac: Sagittarius

Post by Mahala » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:18 pm

Forcefields makes me think of sitting in class and having a pencil come whizzing by and just exploding into millions of tiny pieces when it touches my force field... :lol:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Don't laugh... My husband is the only person I knew who had an "ego-field"... He was so arrogant and self-assured that his friends joked things thrown at him would bounce off it.

One of them swears to this day that he tried it with a piece of balled paper, and that it bounced off about 1/2 inch from hubby's head.

They've never been able to duplicate the experiment again though. #-o ](*,) :-"
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

runewulf

Post by runewulf » Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:46 am

:lol:

Seriously, a lot of times it's about what "clicks" for you. For some folks, the sci-fi image of a force field is just what works, whereas for others, a big brick wall is what their mind feels more comfortable with. Some of the items I've heard of over the years are sometimes truly surprising.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:10 am

Wings. My stronger shields actually form as energy wings curled around me from my back. They radiate energy. I've uncurled them to cast attacks back. But I've only had to use them in that manner twice. Most times, they'll manifest when I'm truly scared or badly startled, and I'll get control of them before they take me into too defensive of a stance. I've physically pushed someone who was somewhat sensitive to energy away from me by six inches when they appeared once. The person reported something "soft but strong gently but firmly pushed me away".
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:27 pm

Strangely enough, my "base" sheild is just an egg shaped light around me... When I pull out the heavy stuff, it's wings for me as well... I should add in here though that my whole "psychic self" changes when I do that though... I get much more animalistic and take on characteristics...

Does anyone else's "Psychic form" change when they get in that mode?
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:31 pm

I can actually split my focus, with half being in a fully owl form flying above while the rest is shadow-shielding my physical body. I think it's a form of astral projection, actually.

I've worked as "Scout" for my family-in-spirit like that once or twice when the two faced friend who challenged every passing spirit stirred up trouble.

My base shield is basically a weaving of shadows and purple light. I tend to connect best with the night, and value the ability of "Ninja VANISH" more then "Hulk SMASH!" So, my base shielding is darker shades and low light. I can shift it to match my environment a little, but never fully.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:49 am

I have met many people who use partial or full animal forms for shield. Birds or even Dragons with encompassing wings, Snakes with surrounding coils, etc.

I don't know if my form of shielding would be considered unusual or not. I let the energies build up around me then they resettle on me as a large Great Cloak. The hood pulls down and surrounds my face, while the cape part surrounds and billows around me. Anything coming in gets entangled in the folds then just drops away.

Nice TMNT reference Krystar. Mine kind of does the same thing allowing me to fade into the background shadows of the ether.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:50 am

My bear comes out when I get into protect or defend mode on the physical plane. Strange when growls actually come out. :lol: I'm new with the wings but they come out when dealing with beings in the astral. They are more to fly with than to protect with, but when they stretch out it allows me to bring more of a high vibrational energy into my field and essentially "bring light to dark" so to speak, though it's more "bring fast vibration to low vibration," which repells the negative spirits that may come in. I still consider myself a newbie in all regards, so am constantly calling in higher beings to work with me. No one messes with them. Ever. And that's nice to know ^____^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG