I try not to ask often...

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

I try not to ask often...

Post by Kitsune » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:45 pm

But I could really use some help. Our old grumpy kitty, Minkers, has gotten out of the house. He's been outside for almost a day now... We didn't realize that he was missing last night and when we woke up this morning we couldn't find him at all.

I'm really worried. He's never been away this long before (mind you, he's only escaped once before.)

Please, if you can send some blessings, me and Grimwell would appreiciate it. Positive thoughts or ideas of how to find our kitty, please... :cry: :cry: :cry:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Re: I try not to ask often...

Post by Kystar » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:44 pm

*HUGS* I hope Kitty comes home soon! Good luck finding him, and good luck to him, finding his way back.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Oh no! Poor little kitty!! Hope he comes home soon! Thoughts and blessings to you, Grimwell and Minkers! [-o<
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:29 am

Minkers, come home!!!
If you have a porch or some way to get under the house, check there. He may be too frightened of the new surroundings to do much other than stay put and wait for help. Just remember to keep your mind clear, your voices soft (inner and outer), and don't let him feel your panic. I hope you get Minkers back real soon. Luckily he is a very smart cat and will stay away from cars/dogs. Chris and I will be sending our energy
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:02 pm

Thank you everybody... we had a killer storm in the area last night and Minkers still isn't home. With the amount of lightning hitting the ground, the wind blowing over trees and the severe rain, we are now really worried about him. I miss him so much... and Grimwell's even worse, since Minkers is his Familiar.

I know he'll come back if he's able... I just hope that the storm didn't wash away all trace of scent and that he can still find his way. We are going to be contacting our local pound, and ask them to keep us updated, in case they find him. They're closed today with the civic holiday, so we'll have to contact them tomorrow. :-(

Joe jokingly suggested that maybe we should drive slowly around the neighborhood, shaking his food container... as you can see, we're trying to keep our hopes up. I just keep hoping that we'll find him sleeping on the porch one day... we haven't seen him under it, and he hasn't meowed to let us know he was there when we've called for him (every time we wander past one of our doors.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:35 pm

Well, if you're worried about the scent issue, maybe you should take some time to shake some used towels or sheets around in the air, to disburse your scents into the air...or walk around the yard, barefoot.

The food container might not be a bad idea!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:40 pm

Actually, the food container is a great idea. Whenever I was worried about my cats outside (coyotes lurking and the like) I would shake the food bag and they would come running.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:00 pm

Everybody, I have good news!!!

Our Minkers has finally returned home! He's a lot thinner than he used to be, but he'll firm up after he's eaten good meals again for a few days straight!

We're so happy to see him. Other than dirt and burrs he seems healthy as well. No blood or scratches on him, so at least if he got into any fights he came out on top!

Me and Grimwell were sitting in our gaming room downstairs, and had just put out a cat trap (since we put out food, it's been getting slowly eaten, and we figured that it was probably him) when we heard a low yowl from outside. While our Minkers was not actually in the trap, I hypothesize that he saw the food in the trap and decided to growl at us for trying to catch him with such a basic trap. Grimwell says that he yowled because he just wanted to come inside. :roll:

Either way, we ran to the door and he almost ran off again, but after a tense minute or so walked inside.

Now, of course, our Jitters is doing the "low growl" at him and following him around the house. Anyone have any ideas why? I personally think that it's just because our Minkers doesn't smell the same right now, so Jitters is being standoffish until he's certain that this is the Minkers he remembers. However, if any of you would know the real reason (if my logic is flawed) please let me know!

We're really just so glad to have him back again. Once again, Thank you all for your well wishes and energy!

HE'S HOME!

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D< >:D<

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:49 pm

Awww that is so wonderful, hun!!!

Maybe it's a dominance thing, that Jitters is treating him that way... May also be why he left in the first place??
Crazy Healer Lady

Max
Level 11
Level 11

Post by Max » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Oh I'm glad everything turned out good. I know a few people's cats that have gone on an adventure-wander lately. Even the most timid of housecats have disappeared for a couple of days. I wonder if it's just coincidence or some sort of disturbance. :-k Glad Minkers is home >:D<
"I am not young enough to know everything." Oscar Wilde

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:30 am

Glad the grumpy old guy came home!

It might be a scent thing...or a dominance thing...cats are weird. Maybe he's trying to say "You abandoned the pride for a while, buddy, so now I outrank you!"

We've had our Kali for a couple of years now...four? Anyways, Noche STILL growls at her on an almost daily basis. :roll: backoff:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:15 am

I am glad he came back. :-D
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:43 am

Oh, I think they'll always growl at each other... Minkers is a "I am the cat that walks alone" sort of cat, and Jitters is really playful, much more like a dog personality. He even plays fetch if I throw his mousie toys! :lol:

I think it really was the "you abandoned the pride" sort of thing, so Minkers had to demonstrate that he really was loyal again. Either way, they are both acting almost normal again, so I'm not worrying too much about it.

Strangely enough, when I mentioned above that my cat Jitters is more like a dog, I was reminded that he's friendly to everyone, new and old. He doesn't getting pets, and he's not above rubbing himself on a new person's legs to try to get that much deserved attention.

He's only actually disliked one person, and can you guess who it was? The person who owns his momma cat! She came over to visit about 2 months ago, and put out her hand to him saying "Hey do you remember me?" He actually hissed at her and lifted his paw to emphasize that is she continued to try and touch him he was going to whack her. She's a fellow pagan, but I don't think much of her cat caring techniques (she has her female cat living with more than one male, and none of them are fixed), and apparently Jitters felt the same way. He kept telling her very firmly that he was never going home with her again, and he wouldn't calm down until I promised him that he was staying with us.

Sorry, just a interesting story I remembered and thought I'd share.