Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Surgery...11:30 AM

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Great news!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:59 pm

That's wonderful news Kystar! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:22 am

Good to hear the great news of you healing quickly.
I knew all along that you would be fine in no time and be up and at em'. :-D
I would talk to your doctor about the lavender (even after healed) before using it. Who knows, right? :-?

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Well, my next appointment is in Feb...so I'll probably bring it up then.

I don't know his opinion on holistic medicine or herbal stuff, but I'll still ask. If he doesn't think it's a good idea, I'll wait until he no longer wants to check my progress (meaning when they sign off on my post-op as healed), and then use it in moderation.

It's a blend of my own mixing that I've been using for years on burns and cuts, so I fairly sure I'm not going to have a reaction. It's actually made to treat sunburn, and yes, I've used it on that area before when the swimsuit slipped. But, I'll still test it on a small section and watch for reaction.

Thanks for the good wishes, again!

I'll keep everyone posted on my advancements. :GHug:
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Update.

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:30 pm

Well, I haven't been to the doctor again yet...that's scheduled for the 12th. However, I'm glad to say that all of the scabs have fallen off, and I'm not in pain a whole lot anymore.

So, yay!

Things are still tender, and there's a section on the one side that's stiff? Hard? I don't know, it doesn't feel right...but it doesn't feel wrong...it just feels tight...so I'm keeping an eye on it. Or hubby is, rather.

Nothing's really red or inflamed or anything...but they do ache. I'm wondering if there wasn't a slight mistake made...b/c I'm measuring out at a DD instead of a D...but that could be b/c there's still some swelling...after all, they said it could take as long as two months to go completely down.

Still can't sleep on my side yet, which means I'm sleeping in the living room still...and I can't sleep with my kitties yet b/c they do this freight train chase up over the beds in the AM, and I can't risk being jumped on yet. Sigh...I miss purrs and cuddles at night! Also miss sleeping with hubby, but meh, you do what you gotta do to heal.

thanks again to all who have kept my healing in their thoughts!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:56 pm

I've heard about hardness/stiffness in breasts after surgery. I think it's an immune system reaction: lymph sort of pooling or something along those lines. Run some extra energy through there and see if you can get an idea of what is going on.

Wow, scabs are off! Great! And wonderful that you're in far less pain. Sorry you're still sleeping alone :( Does Mr Kystar ever do campouts in the living room with you? Or would that make the kitties follow?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:53 pm

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Now that the swelling is going down, have you put warm or hot compresses on the spots that are stiff. When I had my wisdom teeth out, the heat was nice because it seemed to make things heal faster. I grew up with a water bed and the heat from it allowed me to heal more quickly. Now that I don't have that, I use rice packs that I throw in the microwave to heat up. Not sure if this is a good idea, but it sure helps me.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:17 pm

Mr. Kystar has to work at a fairly stressful job, so I make him take the bed. He offers to give me the bed and sleep downstairs on the weekends, but our bedroom has no circulation when the door is closed, so I have told him no. I don't like overheating. And our living room isn't big enough for me to feel comfortable with him sleeping in the cot next to the futon...we did that the first week, and I was always afraid that I was going to kick the stupid thing when I was getting up to go to the bathroom...or that he was going to roll over and take the TV out.

Making it so both of us are in a closed off room does actually make our kitty girls very nervous, to the point where they paw at the barrier or try to jump it. Since it's just cardboard (A sewing cutting board, actually), I don't like to give them reason to attack it.

I've tried to "scan" the area that doesn't feel quite right, but I get conflicting impressions, so it doesn't help much. Basically, I'm getting the impression that it's not 100% right, but it's not an active health threat...just something that needs to work itself out...but dunno.

I haven't tried to put hot or cold on anything b/c I am having problems keeping my core temperature stable (I'm getting chilled easier, then overheated quicker...sigh...eventually it will balance). So, the only heat/cold it gets is when I shower.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:17 am

Have you lost weight at all? Or has your metbolism changed. When I was losing wheight my temperature was all over the place.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)