Tentative date set for my surgery.

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Tentative date set for my surgery.

Post by Kystar » Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:31 pm

I don't know if I mentioned it...but I'm having back issues that require a surgery that most wouldn't associate with back trouble unless they've dealt with it before. To be brief, I'm in line to get a boob job...a reduction to be exact. :-?

My surgery is currently scheduled for Jan 6th...and I'm pretty close to panicking. I guess I'm on here for positive vibes to get me through the holidays and keep me from running for the hills.

I'm waiting for the insurance authorization to come back, too...so there's the potential that I won't be ABLE to get this surgery lingering there, making things even MORE nerve wracking. Add to that the low-level constant pain in my lower back, and I'm seriously a wreck.

Thought I'd pop a request for some blessings up, trying to keep sane.

HUGS
L8r
~K
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Tentative date set for my surgery.

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:47 pm

Hi Kystar!

First, congratulations on a date finally being set! I know you've been waiting for this one a long while.

Second, oh hun, don't worry about the surgery bit. You'll be fine, and I'll definitely be sending positive and healing energy your way. Third, I hope the insurance goes through, and I'll be sending energy for that as well.

Fourth, one thing that has helped my back tremendously is grounding and really focussing on the painful parts of my back bringing in positive energy and light. That, more than anything, has helped me, because it also brings me in contact with my body and those wounds (so don't be surprised if tears start coming at first) and also tells me to align myself. I know slipped discs and damage from too much weight are not the same, but on the same level, coming in contact with that pain will help ease it (though it will be more intense at first) and will also put you in the "Zone" for healing, which will help your insurance situation as well. It's like saying to the universe, "I'm ready to heal, now."

Ah my friend good luck [-o< You're a great person and you deserve this. You'll do wonderfully. Don't stress. Hot baths!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:15 am

Thanks, CHL.

I'm actually no good at directing my energy inward like that...aside from my unremarkablity trick, that is...but I'm willing to try it! If nothing else it might help calm my emotions down!

I'd give a tooth or two to be able to TAKE a hot bath, but alas, my house has a shower stall only...and there is no family in the area that I could nip over and steal their tub for an hour! I tried using the hot tub at the gym, but the temp's too high, and I start to overheat right away. Which makes me queasy, dizzy, and sick.

To keep focused on things, and to let the universe know I'm ready for this to finally happen (My doctor's been bugging me to do this for like 7 years now), I keep trying to list off the positive results out loud. Ranging from the silly things (I'll be able to buy a bra off the rack instead of special ordering it!) to the important things (I'll be able to loose the extra weight and have kids!) That way, they know I'm serious despite my fears. I'm probably going to do a focus manifestation like I did for our house soon. (Just a bit of knot magic, really. I braid raffia grass while repeating what I need and what I've done to get it on my own and why I need the help...worked when we couldn't find a good rental before, maybe it will work to get the approval to come in!)

Since the closest I've had to surgery has been wisdom teeth out, I'm terrified. You find all these horror stories in the news and online about people going into the hospital for a simple surgery and something going horrifically wrong...well, I'm just scared. It's natural to be scared, healthy even. So long as you don't let the fear rule your life.

Anyways...thanks for the healing energy.
:D

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:45 am

My mother quite a few years back had to get a reduction for the very same reason. Everything was considerably better for her afterwards.
I have faith that you will be fine and that all will be much better after.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:02 am

I'm sending my energy for the insurance I was in the Army, I know how to move red tape!

Sending hugs and positive energy now and healing energy after you're done.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:38 pm

Everything will be fine sweetie. Sending lots of energy your way to help out. And once your out ... Lots and lots of healing to boost you back up again! :hug:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:37 am

So many women in my family have had this surgery done and every single one of them has said it was the best decision they ever made.

As for the panicking I have the worst needle phobia int he world, and surgery means needles, the way I get through is by thinking about other stuff, distracting myself as much as possible and as soon as I start to panic, I verbalize it to someone I trust and ask them to remind me of the positives and that they will be there for me through the whole thing.

I would get a new fantasy series or re-read one I love to take myself away to a different place. Then schedule some real comforts for your recovery, movies, yummy but healthy food, maybe a new pillow to relax on. If you have something to look forward to after, it will seem more bearable.

good luck and I am sending you all the calming vibes I know how to send.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:33 am

ARGH! These insurance companies are driving me crazy!

Not only can my hubby not get through to inquire about the surgery, MY SURGEON'S ASSISTANT CAN'T GET A CALL BACK!

if I can't give my sister-in-spirit at least two week's notice that it's a go, she won't be able to get off work...and I won't have anyone for the second week of recoup...which I need according to the doctors b/c I still won't be able to dress myself. And hubby needs to confirm with his work the first week off! Which he can't do without the insurance okay.

*DEEP BREATH, IN...hold...OUT.*

Sorry, needed to vent. thanks for all the good wishes, guys.

Hugs.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:34 pm

I'll keep sending them. Hopefully the idiots at the insurance company will get it all together.

Hugs

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:03 pm

When I called today, they claimed they didn't get the request (sent in OCTOBER) until "recently". And, apparently it's in "processing" which could take "up to ten days"...18 days before the surgery with only EIGHT of them being work days! It's also supposed to be in a department that's "correspondence"-based, so it doesn't have a direct phone line. In this day and age of company-specific secure IM? VIOP? Voicemail? Email? Company specific wireless phones that work in the office like a cell phone but are null when they leave the network area? BULL! :evil: :evil:

So, I'm waiting for her to maybe call me back. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Hubby's about to get the name & number of the contact that helped set the company up with that insurance and leap on them. I can't deal with them b/c this woman reduced me to near screaming and then tears within an hour.

Thanks for all your positive energy and wishes of good luck. Heck of a thing to be dealing with right before the holidays, isn't it?

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:16 pm

Very annoying. :evil: Why do people have to be put into the ringer for something they need?
I would have chewed the other person over the phone out as well. It is not like you need the extra stress before an impending surgery.....jerks.
Yeah, really hard to call off for your hubby to help you if they will not answer.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:01 pm

Sometimes it makes you wonder how people can be so cold to someone.

I really hope things get better for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts. :hug:

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:19 pm

Aw hun I'm sorry you had to go through that :( :hug: Sending some positive light and energy to help you and your situation
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:59 pm

When I was getting a little stressed, the "member service" person basically said would I rather keep yelling at her or let her go do the research...I kept thinking...Where is your sense of empathy? Under a rock? (Then again, I wasn't shouting, I was loudly complaining. When I SHOUT, my phone actually buzzes! Probably b/c I spent years in chorus, and then went on to a combat game where sometimes you needed to be heard above a battle...I have been told that I can be clearly heard about 225 yards away when I actually shout.)

I've been in constant pain for at least ten years, actually to be brutally honest, I have been in pain for almost twenty years because of this (When things grow too big, too fast on a kid just in puberty, it HURTS)...and have been going round and round with this insurance company for almost a year, what part of that translates to me being patient? Or calm?

Eighteen days, would THIS WOMAN be calm if she was eighteen days from surgery and STILL waiting for a call back? Then again, she works for them, so she's probably NEVER been yanked around like a regular "member" is!

My chiropractor keeps telling me to remember that they make their money by finding reasons to NOT pay while still collecting your "membership fees"...so they're going to try and keep from having to authorize it. Frankly...I think there's a time to do that and a time to say "If we don't pay for this surgery now at $XX,XXX.xx, in the future we're going to be forced to pay for these OTHER things at $XXX,XXX.xx!" I mean, honestly, one fender bender and I'm in a back brace. One bad fall, and they very well might have to rebuild my back from the ground up. How much OTHER stuff are they going to HAVE to pay for if I don't get this fixed? I'm already showing signs of arthritis from stress on my spine. My back is bent something like 11 degrees the wrong way, according to the X-ray. So, what, they'd rather wait and pay when my back completely gives out? Hello, negligence lawsuit! If they deny me, and I get worse, I could SUE THEM for not allowing me to get proper preventative care...how stupid are they really being?

Argh...sorry, venting again. Stupidity irritates me and stupidity with authority over my health/life...beyond irritating.

thanks for the positive energy, everyone. :hug:

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:59 am

That sucks, I hope it works out and I will send some calming energy your way!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)