Fine! I Give Up! Back troubles - RANT!!!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Re: Fine! I Give Up! Back troubles - RANT!!!

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:08 pm

Thanks, Willow! I really feel that I am.

Also, I called Canada Post today, and they want me in on Monday to show me around. So, my current money issues will soon not be so... glaring! Not sure when I'll start the movie extra job.

For anyone wanting some inspiration, watch this video: http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=WDl9sefb2E4 (No sound card needed, unless you want to hear the pretty music.)

Watch that eagle on the edge of a cliff jump off into flight, with perfect trust, and then see how you feel about your own next jump.

Sometimes, sometimes you just have to surrender to contracts you've made. I'm glad my butt was kicked into gear. My back is doing phenomenally. Or is that because of you, White_Harmony? :lol:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:45 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:My back is doing phenomenally. Or is that because of you, White_Harmony? :lol:
That's pretty much all you mon ami hehe. Gonna get in prolly today, or monday or as soon as I work out these damn kinks in my own system seeing as it's got a few icky bits in it now *sigh* (stemming from my yesterday morning .. It escalated last night .. I swear, the womans trying to drive me insane!!! I'm sure you know who I mean lol) .. So I'll fix me first, then keep going with you lol. I've only done a little bit so far :-D

Glad to see you're feeling so well!!!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:19 pm

Ah no, take care of yourself! Boundaries. If you want I can send you a very effective energy tactic to prevent the effects you are experiencing, as well as to take her out of her defense. Sounds to me like she's either going into an a) Oral defense or more likely b) Masochistic defense. PM time!!!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

ImMappaM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImMappaM » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:03 am

Namaste and Greetings

I haven't read thru the other replies yet, just your post. OMG my husband is experiencing the same thing. He says that standing feels better than anything else and to put him sitting in a car just to get to the chiropractor means a 20 minute drive with him constantly shifting, moaning, grunting and holding his breath. They say that he has a disc in his lower back that is pinching a nerve, the muscles are so tight though that they can't manipulate his back. The two of you sound so similar and yes, stress of any kind, makes it worse. I know too, with him at least, that until he lets go of the anger, the fear of the situation and learns to deal with his stresses, he isn't going to get down to the physical and heal. And as you can probably understand, **rolls eyes** I'm just his wife so what do I know.

Little known to him, in the middle of the night, I'm pulling some pain from his back with one hand and sending healing energy in with the other. He wakes up better but once his day starts and he begins talking about his back and stresses, he tightens up and is right back to feeling like hell. I have to say too, he's a bit of a whimp when it comes to pain. I love him but he would die if he had to give birth.

Anyway, I just wanted to send you a note to let you know that you aren't alone with this kind of thing. For you, I've added a blue candle next to his and I'll be thinking about you when I'm pulling on his pain.

Be blessed with healings from light and love
~MappaM~
May your life not be measured by the breaths you take each moment but the moments that take your breath away.
Brightest Blessings
MappaM

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:17 am

Mappa, I appreciate that. Thank you.

My back is doing amazing. I'm actually back to pole dancing. It still has twitches, but it's great.

With my back, a lot of it was on the higher levels of the field. Basically, I WAS NOT LIVING MY PURPOSE ANYMORE. I had become comfortable in a 7-3 job and was happy to stay. My job and my way of life was not in line with what I need to do. Like with any chronic injury or illness, a total life change was necessary. (Not all require this, but really, a high percentage either requires this for healing, or is a result of healing.) My advice to your husband is to start being fearless with his emotions and his purpose. Something's making him hurt, and he has to find out what that is, and eliminate or heal it. That requires a lot of courage. I hope he feels better soon.
Crazy Healer Lady

ImMappaM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImMappaM » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:55 am

Namaste and Thank You

I'm glad to hear things are better.

LOL As for my hubby, well....stubborn minded is an understatement. Right now he's in the poor me stage and doing little things that bring attention to him and his back issue. GRRRRR I've made a date with him tonight to have a serious talk (that always lets him know I'm going to be trouble for him) so lol he's been telling me all day how he thinks he's feeling better. **shakes head** Trying to kid a kidder isn't smart of him.

I'm excited to find out how your new direction is working out for you.

Brightest Blessings
~MappaM~
May your life not be measured by the breaths you take each moment but the moments that take your breath away.
Brightest Blessings
MappaM

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:36 pm

Mappa, I definitely had to wallow for a good while. When I initially posted this thread, I was in the healing stages. I was ready to come out. I had done enough wallowing, and I was angry, because slipped discs ****ing HURT, especially when they pinch the nerves, and I have a HIGH pain tolerance. My bf would catch me sobbing in my sleep from it. However, people do have to have that sulking, "poor me" phase sometimes. Sometimes also, they need a kick to get out of their self-pity. The trick is to find a way to do it without sending them more into their defense.

A back injury is a tricky thing. Your strength, your power current is damaged. That puts you in a very vulnerable state. EVERYTHING is compromised by this injury. Depending on your personality, confrontation can either send you into a state of panic, a state of anger, of denial, or further into your own self-pity. Depending on the wounding/issue that the injury is connected with, this can seriously affect you in a negative way. It can jeaopordize or greatly strengthen a relationship, and sense of life.

You know your husband best, but I feel it best to mention this. It's easy to get fed up with someone who is complaining in your environment, especially if they are demanding pity, but remember he is your husband, your confidante, your soulmate, and as such it's in your best interests to support him to find a healthy solution to his issue, as he should for you when you are in pain. You will know what approach works best to bring about a healing response, and which will not. From personal experience, his situation needs to be validated from you. Something like, "I know you are in pain. I know that you are struggling. I am amazed that you are able to go through this. However, here is a chance for you to heal. I know you will when you are ready. I give you the space to be injured. Please know that I also give you the space to heal, and when you are ready, I will help you to the best of my ability. Until then, I honour you how you are now." Sometimes, just this statement alone is enough to be the catalyst for healing. It makes many people realize that they have the support they need, and will make them know that it is OK to heal. And if it's not time for his back to heal yet, so be it.

Just had to get that out there. Blessings to you and yours

-CHL
Crazy Healer Lady

ImMappaM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ImMappaM » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:41 am

Namaste

I just got around to reading your post. You were very correct and actually I had followed your advice without knowing it. He's still in pain but seeing an ortho/sports injury doc today. The pitty party has lessened and the anger of still hurting is well on it's way. They've determined it isn't a disc but a vertibra that is out of place, but they think it has been for many years and that it's swelling that is pinching the nerves. Double edged sword, lack of movement stiffens it and too much exercize inflames it. But he's out of shape so that doesn't help. **rolls eyes at the perils of getting older and slowing down.** Not an excuse though, we both need to be more physically active. On the to do list as soon as he's out of pain.

My nightly drawing the pain out while he's asleep is helping, but am having trouble getting his energy flowing again. The pain pills he's been taking don't help that. So maybe this doc will give him something that is less likely to interfere.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Brightest Blessings
~MappaM~
Brightest Blessings
MappaM

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Ouch... Poor guy. A vertebrae out of place!!! Yeah, pain pills seem to slow energy down and really make it hard to coerce back into a healthy flow again. Maybe see if you can give him some valerian tea instead of the painkillers for a night, and see what that does. Is he open to energy work? If so, sort of walk him through what you're doing. Like, "Put your energy here. Focus on it. Feel with this part of your body. Now, release. Let go of it." That sort of thing. At the same time try to listen (or try to get him to verbalize) what his back is saying. This offers release, validation, and can open the way to healing.
Crazy Healer Lady