To (not) kill a mother in law

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

To (not) kill a mother in law

Post by Willow » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:06 am

Hey all,
so the first of my two wedding ceremonies is in two days, needless to say, hell is about to get another handbasket.

I am perfectly not stressed, which seems to to be stressing out everyone else in my family, including my fiance.

If anyone would like to keep my family in their thoughts I would appreciate it. I am not sure why my family is panicing, they tell me stuff like my Dad's tux or uncle hank sitting with aunt joan is an emergency, but I can't seem to see it that way.

I truel appreciate all your htoughts and prayers,Iw ill also get some pics up ASAP.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Re: To (not) kill a mother in law

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:27 pm

Darn you!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine is in another three weeks, and I'm a basketcase... Mind you, when I think about it, it could be because I only got the Tessens (Japanese War Fans) that I'm using instead of a Bouquete in today, and we still haven't recieved the guys outfits, or our guest book... oh, and I haven't sent out invitations yet...

Okay, so perhaps my natural procrastination just took over... That's allright, at least the fans are here, right?

You go girl, and don't worry, I'll send your family some energy. If you can stay unstressed, do so... If only so that I can draw on the calming vibes you're giving off. hex: outtahere:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:53 am

yeah, tell everyone to chill out and be quiet. :-$

Good luck with the wedding stuff.
I will think calming thoughts for them.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:42 am

Pffffft. You're a PhD student: You're used to stress.

Sending love and energy their way! and yours :)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 am

Sending calming waves your way... :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

And I'm with you, don't sweat the small stuff

and congratulations and best wishes, too

Titania
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Titania » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:35 am

For all the brides to be, best wishes on your wedding day.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:12 pm

THanks, three days away...OMG. Had hair done today, love it. A,lso saw my centrepieces. love them.

Everything looks good and I am happy witht he way things are turning out,. I think I have managed to manage my mother. We will see. I have to turn off my sarcasm response when I find her frustrating.

I am getting a bit nervous about beigng on display though, 170 people is a lot!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:39 pm

Just pretend they're students!!
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:34 pm

Not related to your wedding, but I thought this might help you keep a level head when talking to her next...

Grimwell's Mother called him to ask for some details about our ceremony, and eventually worked up to asking the question "So, Are you going to be sacrificing babies?" #-o ](*,) :axe:

Grimwell made the mistake of laughing and since I was standing with him, he asked me what he'd just been asked. Without even thinking I responded sarcasticly, "Oh, only two or three...". :roll:

I'd thought she'd asked a dumb question, but that Grimwell had asked me something different... I couldn't believe that anybody would even consider asking that seriously...

So, at least you don't have to deal with that sort of drama... Blessing and Sunshine for your big day! :hug:
Last edited by Kitsune on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:37 am

Oh Kitsune...

Tell her yes. I'll even buy a fake baby and a ritual slaughter knife.

(By the way, we went to something called Sanctuary over the weekend with a life-sized replica of the Sanctuary and an hour long tour or preaching. Yeah... They had a display in the entrance. At the front was where they did the ritual slaughter, and they had a cotton baby lamb, lifelike. Just a little creepy.)

Next time she asks about sacrificing babies, ask her the next time she'll be ritually sacrificing sweet baby lambs. If she doesn't know her own religion's history (i.e. following with a statement such as, "We don't have to anymore") and gets offended and denies it, well, a little bit of victory for you, and fun, after the stresses of your handfasting, to battle with.

He actually mimicked the slaughter!! He pretended to slice the throat of the fake baby lamb!! Everyone flinched - It creeped me out because he did it very willingly, and you could see the determination, and it would be very easy to see him killing in the name of his faith. I may sound dramatic, but I spend my life studying energies. It's not easy to hide those things, and he didn't even try.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:16 pm

Actually Grimwell brought that up with her... something along the lines of "Nope, you do realize that your religion had slaughter of innocents in it's history too, right?"...

Now he claims she was being sarcastic, still she keeps bugging us for "details" of the handfasting, and we keep telling her, "Well, first you're all going to stand in a circle, we're going to enter the circle, and then you don't get to stop watching us in the circle, until we leave the circle." :lol:

Apparently, simple instructions get harder to follow if you're not being told the why's and history behind each and every little detail. :-D O:)

:roll:

lacielonestar
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lacielonestar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 am

Maybe she just wants details in order to understand the ritual/ceremony a little better so that she can feel more connected to the event...she doesn't want to feel like she's just standing there watching...but asking if you're gonna sacrifice babies....'cmon! #-o .

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:38 pm

But... That's all you do at a Christian wedding... The only real difference for the participants, is that they're expected to stand, not sit, and not to break or leave the circle just like they're not supposed to stand up or leave during a christian ceremony. Since they have the exact same job, I don't understand that logic at all.

Still, I can't wait for it! Everything that I was waiting for has arrived (except our guest book, and I'm not worried yet since it was sent out last week from the States). The outfits have all arrived, and they fit the guys well. I have a few small alterations for my dress, but they're not big, and I'm calling a company tomorrow to ask if they can do the job.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:43 am

<sarcasm>Yes, but this isn't a Christian wedding, so the traditions MUST be new and strange! There MUST be something they have to understand to make sure they don't make some HUGE insulting mistake that will cause the heavens to open up with fire and brimstone! </sarcasm>

Next time they start poking for details, start asking why certain things are done certain ways in a Christian wedding...see if they know the history and traditions THERE.

Or just find a good article about a handfasting, print the silly thing out and pass them out like homework!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:42 am

I considered that, but Grimwell rightfully pointed out that most of our family, while not actually illiterate, might as well be, since they wouldn't read the silly thing, and we'd have to tell people what the paper says by way of "explaining" to everyone seperately... Sigh.

Grrrrrrrr... And this is how I feel about that sort of belief! :axe: :butthead: :axe: :butthead: :axe: