Interview

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Interview

Post by Lotus » Tue May 20, 2008 9:26 pm

I got called today to set up an interview with Whole Foods. I had forgotten that I even applied here and know that I applied for a few positions. The silly thing is that I am not sure which position they are looking at me for. :lol: All of the positions offer more money and perks than my current job. They even get a 20% discount. *crosses fingers*
If this position is right for me I’d like to have it. ;) This would mean working for a company that I am proud of. This job would mean no more irate customers blaming me for the high gasoline prices and stupid company policies. I would never have to make another milkshake or deal with another 'foodstamp queen.' =D> The challenge would be to check my old-job battle attitude at the door if I work for Whole Foods. Not that big of a problem because I never see any employees there with a sad/angry face. They seem genuinely happy.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue May 20, 2008 9:31 pm

GOOD LUCK!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed May 21, 2008 3:31 am

Good Luck!!!
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed May 21, 2008 3:53 am

Sending you lots of blessings and wishes of luck!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Wed May 21, 2008 9:46 am

Sending best wishes and positive energy your way.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 21, 2008 9:57 am

Good luck Lotus, You can totally do it!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu May 22, 2008 3:55 pm

Blessings your way!

Good luck!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri May 23, 2008 8:31 pm

Thanks!!!

My manager accidently scheduled me Tuesday even though I requested it off. I had to tell her about the interview and that I'd be late for work.
Her eyes got all big and fearful, "are you quitting."
They do not want to lose me but they do not want to treat me well. [-X

BB
Lotus

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat May 24, 2008 3:34 am

Gotta love that... "We're going to treat you like garbage for a small pay and use you as our personal toilet paper. But... OMGs you're leaving?? Why? We treated you so good? You're stabbing us in the back!!" My old boss took quitting very personally... especially since I quit to join the competition which is infinitely larger, over twice the pay, and where my boss does not throw paper at me and/or call me names. :lol: Mwa ha ha

Keep us updated, Lotus!! I am very excited for you! I want to see you ace this thing and get your butt out of that job!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat May 24, 2008 12:46 pm

I remember when I worked for a really horrible place. The bosses kept changing policies ever week or so, and kept getting angry at me for not keeping the "rule of the week" straight.

Plus the customers were always angry with us because the bosses idea of "customer service" was to be miserable. He enjoyed saying "Telus charges you 25 cents even if they don't find the number you're looking for, so we'll do the same."

When I argued that nobody liked telus, and that as soon as Telus had compition everyone would flee the company, he just looked at me like I was insane, and would spend the next ten minutes ephisizing rudeness and "We can't help you." as the proper way to give customer service.

I mention them, because when I quit, I walked in and handed them a very polite two week notice. I thought I was being quite nice to such a bad company, and after lunch they approached me and said in a whispered voice, "We think you should leave now..." as though I'd given them a letter stating that I hated them personally or something.

I just don't understand companies like this... I'm glad that it sounds like you'll be yours, Lotus! :-) [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Sat May 24, 2008 9:16 pm

*crosses fingers* I hope I get this new job.

Here is another thing that some of you would find amusing:
Another manager at a completely different store than the ones I have brought up asked the District Supervisor to have me as her assistant. This is now the 4th manager that has asked for me by name. This was all done without my knowledge. The DS turned down this store because my SO works there.....which, I have issues with this rational.
It seems like he is trying to force me to a crappy store. I could have the Assistant position if I go to a store that is falling apart way out in Timbucktu (sp) or something. :roll: :lol:

At this point, I do not know how to feel. I want to be hopeful and positive about getting this job without deeply letting myself down if I do not. I want to be confident but not cocky. *scratches head*

Bb
Lotus

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Tue May 27, 2008 9:28 am

I think it went well. Two young men interviewed me and they told me that if their supervisor likes me (based upon what they wrote about me) then she will call me back for a second interview.

I remember one of their questions:
"What would be your ideal work environment?"
I answered:
A work environment where I was not treated as disposable. One where I was treated well, like a person.
People are people and should be treated like people.

I do not know if this was a good answer or not. Why I channeled Depeche Mode's song "People are people" is beyond me. :roll: :lol:

If anything I came across too yoga/fruity type. #-o

My SO convinced me not to wear a flat out business suit and I am happy I listened to him. I would have felt way too overdressed. I opted for a dressy outfit of browns, beige, orange.

The only thing that I do not think I answered well on was the question:
"Where do you shop?"
I told them that I shop at many places. There is just not one set store that I do all my grocery shopping. I *did* make it clear that I shop there too. ;) The first on my list of places were the local health food places....

*crosses fingers*

BB
Lotus

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed May 28, 2008 8:27 am

Congrats, I am glad it went well. Good luck m'dear.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:03 pm

I will find out this Thursday or Friday if I made the cut for the second interview. *sweats*

BB
Lotus