Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

I shouldn't even be here...

Post by Kitsune » Mon May 12, 2008 8:05 pm

:-(

Okay, so I'm not in serious need of blessings or anything, but I really need a bit of a boost.

I'm trying to take a creative writing course, and see if I can actually write science fiction/fantasy.

I'd love to do it for a living, or even just on the side, but lets face it, with my water heavy personality, I'm very likely to get bored and jump to something else.

So I'm just asking for a bit of support sent my way... if you have some time... So that I can stick with it, and actually (gasp :-o ) FINISH something for the first time in my life! #-o #-o #-o
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 am

Kistune, all you need to do is ask, and they are sent!

Have you tried writing with a goose quill? Quite honestly, goose can be a *very* powerful aid to writing. I also have a sphere that I purchased near Fire the Grid that reminded me of the event, when I first began my healing book. I can feel it help when I am writing my meggabook as well (announcement coming soon, by the way ;)). It is a labradorite, and is said by some to aid in the "transformation of intuition into intellectual thought such that one can implement the instructions provided... It is known as the matriarch of the subconscious mind, providing instructive sessions to the user concerning the implementation of inner messages and the utilization of same in the physical doman." (Love is In the Earth by Melody)

:lol: :lol: Any wonder why it screamed out to me, and now sits at my desk on top of my story?
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 13, 2008 8:16 pm

I would love to, but I'm now so used to writing on computer, that it kills me trying to write on paper.

I have a very bad habit of editing my work, time and again as I write... and I can't stand not having the flexibility to add in entire chapters between lines if I need to.

Thus I always write with my computer... I could see me getting one and leaving it near me when I write as inspiration though... That's a great idea!

I'd try sleeping with my owl's feather under my pillow for inspiration... But with a new kitten, it'd be gone before I could even say "Good night" properly. :lol:

Getting one for my desk, or perhaps a small charm for a bracelet in the shape of a feather might work though. I'll have to look into that, thanks!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am reading an awesome book on writing that I took out from the library, and will buy later (Support your Industry! :roll: :lol: ) and I've started writing my book.

I only have 3-4 pages written thus far, but as I write, I realize I have much more to understand, and that writing doesn't have to begin at the begining... So I'm writing whatever scenes appeal or appear to me that day, and reorganizing them into chapters and order of happening later.

It sounds silly but it's the story of Seirei, a hengeyouki demon of japan, whose true form is that of a silvery house cat. She is a priestess (probally of Inari, but I haven't decided on exactly who she worships yet since I don't know enough about Shinto Deities) and a natural Sorceress. She feels herself an outsider, and this book is going to focus on her travels, and especially her interactions with humanity, including one human that she falls in love with.

Set in a mythical ancient Japan, It's going to be written (hopefuly) for a 14-20 year old audience, probally female... :lol:

So, what do you all think? :oops:

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:14 pm

I've been reading the posts....just no time lately to write extensive posts.

Still interested,
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:58 am

Glad you're home!

Sounds very interesting. I know at 14 I would have read it - I was still enjoying books like Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause and a similar vampire story (very rawr ^.^) when I went back into the public school system at 17. And of course if you publish and all, I'll read it and I'm sure I will enjoy it. In what I have read, you are very good at putting things that a variety of ages can enjoy in your works.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70

Post by Kitsune » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks Crazy! :-D

Soo happy to be able to write again.

I can't wait to start talking my comp with me.