Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Another little request...

Post by Kystar » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:37 pm

...for me.

First off, the big thing. I have a tissue infection in my left breast area, and am on some antibiotics for it. Positive thoughts/healing energy would be nice...since I'm pretty much too messed up to really do any energy work myself. I have seven days for things to clear up before I have to go in for tests to see if there's more going on. I'm praying it clears up and I am good.

And, once again, I'm in the countdown for a driver's test...test number five. This Saturday. Hubby's planning on working me with parallel parking after work this week, but still, good luck wishes would be nice.

Does anyone know what a good talisman I could carry for luck? Something designed for travel on the physical plane?

Tell you guys what, I will be peeved if I don't get my license until try number seven or something.

Oh well...thanks ahead of time.
K
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:54 am

[-o< you're in my blessings and prayers
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:55 am

Healing energies and happy thoughts are on the way!

I have an odd suggestion for a talisman. Go to the toy store. Look through all the matchbox cars and pick our the one that's closest to your favorite. Once you have it, pour your intent into it as if it were as stone. If you're still too messed up to manage energy workings, I imagine there's a few around here who'd volunteer.

Keep it in your pocket on the day of the test.

Also, it took me three tries to pass. The first was bull. The second was entirely my fault. The third, I aced. So if it takes a few tries, you're in good company.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Labrys
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Labrys » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:48 pm

davisherm wrote:Healing energies and happy thoughts are on the way!

I have an odd suggestion for a talisman. Go to the toy store. Look through all the matchbox cars and pick our the one that's closest to your favorite. .
What an INSPIRED idea! I love it when ordinary things are used for energy/magic work.
Sounds like undulant rhetoric to me!
Remember the Fallen: http://www.walkofthefallen.com

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:58 am

Good luck kystar, have you ever looked online for a young drivers guide to parallel parking? It kills me too but there is a way to make it pretty systematic, I can dig it up for you if you want, I am sure I still have my book from my driving lessons somewhere.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:30 am

Actually, I know the mechanics of it...the stuff the book tells you...I'm having problems applying that knowledge to my car.

I even sat there at the last failed test and told the tester "I wasn't close enough to the barrels here...I didn't pull far enough forward there, and by try three I was completely out of position so there was no fixing it."

The problem is that the only time I've actually DONE parallel parking was with my driving instructor in a Chevy Cavalier. I am driving a Chevy Blazer. BIG DIFFERENCE!

However, my one sister-in-spirit's Mom lives RIGHT down my street (In fact they're the ones who feed our cats when we go out of town), and she drives a school bus. She's made time for me today, possibly tomorrow and DEFINITELY Friday to practice with her. She's going to do practice around home for today...and Friday we're planning on going to the testing site after hours to practice where I'm going to take the test...so this time I might actually pass.

And while I'm posting...infection SEEMS to be clearing up...but I'm still dog-tired more often than not...so who knows? I have three more days worth of antibiotics...so we'll see.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:22 am

davisherm wrote:Healing energies and happy thoughts are on the way!

I have an odd suggestion for a talisman. Go to the toy store. Look through all the matchbox cars and pick our the one that's closest to your favorite. Once you have it, pour your intent into it as if it were as stone. If you're still too messed up to manage energy workings, I imagine there's a few around here who'd volunteer.

Keep it in your pocket on the day of the test.
Hmm, I wonder, would the Batmobile make things weird? LOL...I have a matchbox Batmobile...that would be an interesting talisman...wouldn't it?

I'm looking at test number Five, but oh well.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:57 pm

I had to relearn in the car I was taking the test in to pass.
The first time I failed because I was not used to my mothers wide tire pontiac. My dad and I went to a local school and set up cones in the parking lot and we practiced everyday for two hours.
This is how I passed.

The key is to relax and take your time. Back in my day (not sure if this changed) you were allowed to take as much time you needed with the parking section of the test. Do a section...stop...gather yourself and then continue. I did it very slowly.

Oh, if you know someone with a Cavaler(sp) ask if they will let you borrow their car.
You do not have to use your car. As I recall, I actually drove my godmother's car during the second test.
No blind spots or wide wheels.
Sorry for my forgetfulness....took the test 16years ago.

I hope your infection clears up and that it is nothing.

Good luck,
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:57 pm

Unfortunately in our state, with the parallel parking section, you can only put the car in reverse three times...but no, you don't have a time limit. I'm getting an hour practice Thursday, then actually going to the test site for at least a half-hour Friday before my test on Saturday...so *Crosses fingers* hopefully I'll pass this time!

And I have no friends or family in the area with a Cavalier. It would be wrong of me to test in a car that I wouldn't be driving regularly just to pass. That's almost cheating in my head.

At this point, I think my infection is clearing up, I can't feel pain there anymore except when I'm moving strange...but I'm still badly fatigued, so I don't know.

Thanks for the good wishes/energy/advice, all!

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:21 am

Yeah, I understand.
My mother's car at the time was so completly different from what I was trained in. It not only had the big tires but, it had several very difficult blind spots too difficult for a new driver. Pontiacs are like this. I got to practice in everyone's car actually so, not really cheating.
For all I know, the swich of the car may not have made a difference since I was prepared for any car at that point.

I do remember the very first difficult task (for me) was driving in the dark during a heavy rain storm.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:42 am

Lotus wrote:
I do remember the very first difficult task (for me) was driving in the dark during a heavy rain storm.
I've done THAT already...on unfamiliar roads, too. See, a friend's wedding was held out in BFE PA...and my Sister-in-spirit has bad depth perception due to a skewed eye...so when a storm rolled in just around sunset, she couldn't get home...with her own car. So, my hubby took her car and she rode with me in my truck...through winding back roads in the nastiest storm I've seen in a while. I actually had to PULL OVER once because viability went to pot, someone was riding my butt, and I panicked.

But we made it back to her house in one piece...no damage to the truck.

If I can get past this one block (parallel parking) I'm fairly sure I'll pass. Fairly sure. Hubby says that I'm a good driver, I'm a careful driver, but I'm not a fearful driver...which I think is almost as dangerous as a reckless driver.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:35 pm

One question. How often do you parallel park in regular life? As I said before, I never do, unless it's the fake kind of parking at the end of the row. If you don't do it often enough, I don't see using someone else's car as cheating. Also, will you have your truck or car for the rest of your life? Probably not, unless you plan to use it as a lawn ornament ;) You will end up with something else when you decide it's time for another car. As Lotus said, she practiced with a lot of cars, so she pretty much knew how to deal with them all.

I believe that switching cars could be a very beneficial experience for you.

Of course, you don't talk to my mom, lol. When I wrecked my car and we got a new one, she wouldn't let me drive it alone for like the first week.

Good luck on the test. I'm sure you'll do fine.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:08 pm

Well, I might have to parallel park if I ever go back to working the college scene.

As for keeping my truck...it will be my primary vehicle until it goes belly up...so it's best if I can do what I need to do with it. Besides, there's no one in the area who I could borrow a different car off of in time to actually work with it long enough to make a difference.

Thanks for the positive thoughts, though!

Counting down...My test is on Saturday at 3:30 PM.

daibanjo
Level 9
Level 9
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by daibanjo » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:14 pm

Lot's of positive thoughts and blessings Kystar.
It was 37 years ago that i passed my test. I had never driven a car and I was learning to drive a double-decker bus back in Wales. Please don't be concerned, these things will all be a funny memory in time to come. I retired as an instructor with the bus company here in LA but no one hereknows about the trail of destruction I left behind me when I was first driving. My best was 4 cars, on a narrow street about 1:30 in the morning. I'll never forget this cop who took me one side and said "You know boy, when you do a job, you do a bloody good one."
last time I was back home I bumped into my old boss and when I told him that I taught Americans how to drive a bus he didn't stop laughing.
So remember, there will always be someone worse than you and you can always rise above anything.
Bright Blessings
It'll be all right in the end. If it's not all right, it's not the end.

Bandersnatch
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bandersnatch » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:51 am

Its too bad you guys can't get Canadian TV. We have a show called 'Canada's Worst Driver' and watching that show makes you realize however bad you are your not that bad... and they all passed their driver's test.

I'll send you my positive thoughts, with all of us pulling for you how can you fail. :GHug: