Help...Tooth pull approaching!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:19 am

O_O I think sugar is better for you than Splenda, or any of the artificial junk! Not to mention it tastes horrible.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:01 am

As do I and my hubby. My diabetic friend would LOVE to be able to use sugar but...alas, it would probably kill her. Well, she'd never have a level blood sugar, she'd always be tweaking her insulin dosage, et cetra.

But the advertising and the "medical research" that talks about obesity, diabeties on ward and on ward have brainwashed SO many people into thinking that to be Healthy, they have to eat no sugar/no fat chemically processed food. it's crazy!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:23 pm

Well, we're in the final countdown. I'm now facing the five days that I'm not allowed to have herbal supplements (I was only taking one - cranberry) or Ibuprofen - my painkiller of choice b/c I'm allergic to Tylenol...a little. Makes me horribly drowsy.

And now, as it ticks down, I'm starting to get worse insomnia than before!

It's just...well...I had a bad experience the only time I was Sedated for something...and I have had numerous bad experiences with dentists. Put the two together, and you suddenly get an owl turning into the cowardly lion!

I've been doing some weird stuff to keep my mind from panicking, though. Yule decorations, gift creation, organizing a stack of books for ebay...and playing a computer mahjongg solitaire game. Did you know that's a REALLY good form of mindless being meditation? you just focus on the shapes...and let the world fade away.

Anyways...I just wanted to update everyone.

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:47 pm

good luck and good wishes
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:58 am

Ah good luck!

Yes stay away from garlic for the next while. It thins the blood, makes it harder to clot.

However, a nice hot cup of chamomile tea has no adverse side effects and may help you calm a bit
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:05 am

LOL...thanks guys.

CHL - Actually, Chamomile makes me nauseous, so it would be a BAD idea. I don't know if it's just a flavor thing or an allergy thing...but it makes me wanna puke. I will try to remember to lower the garlic I cook with this week. I think I have a good lavender tea around here somewhere...it lowers stress. Gotta look jasmine up, b/c I KNOW i have a jasmine tea.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:16 am

Good luck and good job distracting yourself. My SO loves it when I am nervous because I scrub anything I can find.

Does your Doc know about your reactions to tylenol? They tend to give out tylenol 3 after dental surgery.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:05 pm

I don't know if the Oral surgeon knows about Tylenol, but my PCP says that I'm safe to take it up to Surgical doses, just so that those around me know I will sleep and sleep deep. I'm probably going to ask if I told them for the consult...b/c honestly, it slips my mind that it's technically an allergy. When I worked at the School of Dental Medicine, they used Ibuprofen because they said it works longer on stuff like a toothache.

As I've gotten older, the reaction has gotten less...but it STILL makes me drowsy. I confused a boss once...had allergy sniffles, so she gave me Tylenol Allergy...and then wondered why I was half asleep at my desk...b/c then I didn't realize it was the painkiller in Tylenol.

However, if you mix Tylenol with any OTHER painkiller, I'm toasted. Vicodine makes me act drunk...up to and including the passing out part. Luckily, I don't get a hangover.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:16 pm

Some people can be allergic to chamomile, sort of how one can be allergic to grass.

Um... Garlic... That should be ZILCH until your tooth pull. Really. ZILCH. It is a POWERFUL blood thinner, one of the reasons it is so good for people with high blood pressure.
Crazy Healer Lady

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:06 pm

LOL...Thanks CHL. I guess my Italian husband is in for a few bland dinners, then.

It's a shame that doctors don't think about the foods we eat/how we cook when they give us these instructions...they just think of the meds/supplements and stuff we're on...not what we regularly put in our bodies with/as food. Then again, I honestly think it's a shame that medicine has gone so far away from its roots that they don't recognize the power of foods, spices, herbs and teas.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:31 pm

blargh.

Been home for a while, but still not feeling good. Just sorta out of whack. Apparently, things went well.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:54 pm

You'll feel better in a few days. *smiles*

I am happy that things went well. When I got my wisdom teeth pulled it was not that bad.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:39 am

You'll feel better soon, whenever you have something like that happen your body takes a while to recover. I felt wierd for two weeks after my last surgery and it was only my foot. Yout tooth is in your hed.

I am glad all went well though.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:46 am

All day Friday I was unconscious, or close to it. Yesterday, I tried to go shopping, and got a blinding headache after the first store...so we cut the trip short.

Took a vicodine last night, and am still waking up. LOL Right now it's just a matter of figuring out what foods I can eat and what foods will cause issues.

I've been told that I will sleep more often, and that I might be hungry for weird things, or at weird times...and that I should just go with it...don't fight it.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:50 am

Applesauce! My favourite sick food!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)