Help...Tooth pull approaching!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:38 am

No, things usually disappear because of faeries, imps, gremlins...etc. around here. The different names are due to everyone I know calling them something different. Hence, the things I yell out about wanting back, always end up on my bed.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:34 am

Kystar wrote: I'm under orders to gargle with peroxide,
Would not put ANYTHING in my mouth that is used to fuel torpedoes.
Some torpedoes used hydrogen peroxide as oxidizer or propellant, but this was dangerous and has been discontinued by most navies. Hydrogen peroxide leaks were blamed for the sinkings of HMS Sidon and the Russian submarine Kursk. It was discovered, for example, by the Japanese Navy in torpedo trials, that the concentration of H2O2 in right-angle bends in HTP pipework can often lead to explosions in submarines and torpedoes..
:blob6:

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:47 pm

Gremlin takes them at my house... and won't give them back unless Grimwell requests them back!

Oh, except our Jam... He'll steal entire Jars, and we'll get them back empty, but not cleaned out. :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:57 pm

Ragnar - that scares me...on many levels. Um...EEK! You're talking about the stuff in first aide kits to pour over cuts, right? To prevent infection? They used it on TORPEDOES?! :confused1: :confused1: :confused1:

As for the purse thing...the phone pocket is usually opened/closed the most, and doesn't always latch, so since the silly earrings are these tiny little hoops, I didn't want them in a high-traffic pocket.

Sigh.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:04 pm

Good luck! I don't want to share any dentist horror stories with you, just sending love and light to help you get through!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:19 pm

Kystar wrote:Ragnar - that scares me...on many levels. Um...EEK! You're talking about the stuff in first aide kits to pour over cuts, right? To prevent infection? They used it on TORPEDOES?!
If it is allowed to oxidise, yes.

But then you need oxygen. If that gets REALLY cold, you can power a Saturn V rocket. Hel, what your breathing COULD get you to the moon. :-D

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:21 am

Besides, they used concentrated H2O2. The stuff you buy is less than 30%, it's more like 5 or 10%.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:15 am

I think the stuff I have is like 4% actually.

But STILL, the concept is SCARY.

Thanks for the history/science lesson!

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Nov 29, 2007 4:40 pm

On a side note, think of how dangerous a 2-liter soda bottle can be. Shake it up enough and boom. That cap comes off at a pretty big clip.

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Nov 29, 2007 5:21 pm

On a side note, think of how dangerous a 2-liter soda bottle can be. Shake it up enough and boom. That cap comes off at a pretty big clip.
Not just that, but leave coke on a painted surface overnight, and the paint will be gone in the morning

It can be used to clean the rust off of chrome (and pennies)

It can dissolve meat (Why it's often used in marinades - and gee what do you think it does to your intestines????)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:28 pm

Sorry CHL, Just an Urban Myth

Coke Lore, Acid
Coca-Cola does contain small amounts of citric acid and phosphoric acid; however, all the insinuations about the dangers these acids might pose to people who drink Coca-Cola ignore a simple concept familiar to any first-year chemistry student: concentration. Coca-Cola contains less citric acid than does orange juice, and the concentration of phosphoric acid in Coke is far too small (a mere 11 to 13 grams per gallon of syrup, or about 0.20 to 0.30 per cent of the total formula) to dissolve a steak, a tooth, or a nail overnight. (Much of the item will dissolve eventually, but after a day or two you'll still have most of the tooth, a whole nail, and one very soggy T-bone.)

Besides, the gastric acid in your stomach is much stronger than any of the acids in Coca-Cola, so the Coca-Cola is harmless.

The next time you're stopped by a highway patrolman, try asking him if he's ever scrubbed blood stains off a highway with Coca-Cola (or anything else). If you're lucky, by the time he stops laughing he'll have forgotten about the citation he was going to give you.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:35 pm

Ah but you've never used it to clean blood or dissolve meat or clean chrome, apparently ;)

Yes, a nail will be intact, but the penny will be clean, and the meat will be gone, not overnight, but in a few days it will fall to bits.

It cleans chrome better than chrome cleaner, and yes, gets blood out of concrete although I've not yet tried clothes.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:50 pm

I remember Mythbusters creaming that...they didn't get ANY good results using cola as a cleaner.

Can it really clean chrome? Or is it more the sugar adheres to dirt and the carbonation moves it?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:22 pm

gargle with peroxide? Eww.

I gargled with salt water, it was fine.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Kystar wrote:I remember Mythbusters creaming that...they didn't get ANY good results using cola as a cleaner.

Can it really clean chrome? Or is it more the sugar adheres to dirt and the carbonation moves it?
The snopes said that soda water is better than coke because it won't leave a sticky residue. It can clean things, that part is true, but the meat would break apart anyway from it's own decay just as well without the coke as without it. Any living tissue does. But the point it made was that your own stomach acids are many times more powerful than coke, so coke won't damage you internally.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.