Help...Tooth pull approaching!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Dec 18, 2007 8:54 pm

When I asked my doctor about the Advil thing, she told me that yes, in some people it can mess up their stomach. Then she said that if I showed an allergy to Tylenol, Advil was probably my only option if I need to remain conscious. She did a blood panel to see if I had toxins from it...and told me to stop using Advil if I ever get unexplained stomach aches...and call her. However, she didn't seem too concerned based on history. Since I'm one of those people who won't take a painkiller unless I'm all but FORCED to, I don't take the higher doses often.

I'll take 800 for a startup sinus migraine...then crawl into bed. And I take 99% of my meds with applesauce b/c I have a delicate gag reflex...can't swallow most pills with water.

The only time I've ever taken 1,000 mg was when I had a severe toothache + sinus headache.

I use any version of Vicks Vapo-rub to clear the congestion that I can get my hands on...they also have these nifty things called Shower Soothers...they're like Alk-seltzers for the shower...with menthol, eucalyptus and some other stuff that fizz when water hits them...it goes all through the steam and breaks up any congestion in like seconds flat. Like being in a sauna with Vaporub!

I tend to do a mint/eucalyptus steam treatment when the congestion gets REALLY bad...usually right before crawling into bed and going out.

My biggest grump is that my sinuses drain down the back of my throat at night...and end up giving me an upset stomach.

Weather changes give me the worst headaches. I can tell when rain is coming long before most people b/c of how my head clogs.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:42 pm

they also have these nifty things called Shower Soothers...they're like Alk-seltzers for the shower...with menthol, eucalyptus and some other stuff that fizz when water hits them...it goes all through the steam and breaks up any congestion in like seconds flat. Like being in a sauna with Vaporub!
Funky! That's really cool!
When I asked my doctor about the Advil thing, she told me that yes, in some people it can mess up their stomach. Then she said that if I showed an allergy to Tylenol, Advil was probably my only option if I need to remain conscious. She did a blood panel to see if I had toxins from it...and told me to stop using Advil if I ever get unexplained stomach aches...and call her. However, she didn't seem too concerned based on history. Since I'm one of those people who won't take a painkiller unless I'm all but FORCED to, I don't take the higher doses often.
I hope I wasn't overstepping my bounds... I'm just very wary of IBU Profen (the active painkiller in Advil) - You know what is best for your body!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:56 pm

Well, aint we a bunch of sick lillies. :lol:

But what the hey, there is always comfort in company :-D
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:01 am

No, CHL, no overstepping of bounds. Honest concern for a fellow human being isn't overstepping...I was just showing that I was aware there was a potential problem...and was smart enough to discuss it with my doctor.

LOL.

Well, my hubby thinks that if parents keep completely sanitizing their kid's living areas, the next few generations are going to have allergies ten times worse than ours.

Too many cleaning companies talking about bacteria and germs and how you HAVE to kill them off to be healthy...and how you have to pull everything out of the air and the water for it to be safe b/c our world is filthy and trying to kill us.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:19 pm

Actually, they've proven that doing that is going to kill us. All virus mutations since we started that have been much worse, since we started trying to kill the bacteria. Remember, these are living creatures, and currently they're fighting extra hard just to survive, so they hit us that much harder.

Personally, I only take tylenol for cramps or headaches (they work better than anything else for those) and only if I have to, generally, approx. 2 - 4-6 times a year. For my bad knees, I used to take advil, and then realized that I was taking up to 4 of the superstrong ones (the ones that say do not take more than 3 in a 24 hour period) just to slow down the pain! [-X

I realized that I'd built up a near total immunity to it... so I stopped taking it at all. Now I take a lower dose, once every 2-3 months.

Mind you, I find that Reiki does 10x better than even the best painkiller ever did.

The only problem I find is that trying to do reiki on myself while I have a headache doesn't work... The pain will shoot through the already painful areas and blind me if I try to direct it in the slightest... I think that could be because I'm trying to force energy through already sensitive areas though. I usually let Joe do his stuff on me, and then take over when it doesn't hurt to do it.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:24 pm

Which is why I look at anyone who goes around sanitizing their house like they've grown a second head.

As for painkillers, now that I'm not working, I don't take as many...b/c it's easier to just crawl in bed until the pain goes away.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:08 pm

Yes... at work, we have a few bacteria-phobic workers... who sanitize EVERYTHING because we often switch desks. No surprise they are always sick (that, and they are seriously overstressed).

Kitsune, try pulling energy OUT when you find GIVING Reiki is hurting. I learned this during a treatment on my friend the other day. I was sending Reiki through her feet and up her legs, and then my wrist started aching very badly, and my vein was popping out so much my hand looked like a beast claw. I pushed more energy thinking I was blocking the energy going out and into her, but that made it worse, so I pulled, not into me, but just pulling out. An incredible amount of energy flooded out of her feet, falling to the floor like sand.

I find that when I am working on headaches, I'm always pulling stuff out anyway ^_^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:24 pm

I'll try that then next time I have a headache...

So far that's been the only time that Reiki doesn't seem to work. :-?

Fortuneatly, I don't get headaches often... In fact, I'm finding that as I get older I get minor sniffles and colds more often, but the stuff that'll actually take me out tends to happen less. :oops: :-)

So everything seems to work out! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:13 pm

Oh, man, trying to build energy when I've got a head ache for ANYTHING is agony.

I remember when I had something trip my wards when I had a sinus headache...oh I was in pain for six days after that...b/c I had to do a defensive flare up and then a cleansing. :-?

I can't do ANY energy work when I'm hurting. Just doesn't work for me.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:38 pm

I'm a little bit confused about something.
I never had alergies until many years later (adulthood). I can feel atmospheric pressure changes (ie: about to rain) like some people as well.
Someone told me once that the longer you live in the same environment then, you will eventually develop alergies?
I do know that many of these autoimmune disorders are caused by this hyper sanitary attitude of some people. Your body has nothing to attack and so it attacks itself.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:18 pm

They say that the body's chemistry changes every 7 years...and that you can grow out of and into allergies in that time.

Being affected by atmospheric pressure doesn't always = allergies...sometimes your body just reacts to things like that.

But yes, the longer you're exposed to an environmental element, the longer you have to either gain a strong immunity to it, or gain a sensitivity to it.