Looking for a job

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:09 am

Well, I didn't pass the phone interview. My heart sank when she told me this. I started crying, but luckily David was there and he just held me for a bit. Then I had to go to work. I'm also assuming that I didn't get the jobs with the two jewelry stores that I'd applied with. I'm just frustrated. Looks like I'll be working at Michaels through christmas.

*sigh*

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:59 am

Something else will come up, I'm sure of it. Why not set your sights on something for the new year? I know you don't want to stay where you are, but it's nearly December already, the month will go before you know it and it might be easier to find a job when people have their heads back after becoming idiots over the Christmas period.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:19 am

awww hun...

You won't be stuck there forever. Jescissa is right: Something will come up. You may not be out as soon as you hoped, but you WILL be out!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:21 pm

If you're looking for a bit of help, call Progressive and ask why you didn't get the job, and how you can improve for your next interview. Even if you don't apply for them again, the knowledge is just darned useful! I don't know how it is in the States, but in Canada they have to tell you why.

Buck up! The Gods watch us, and take care of us... And they are leading you to the right job right job or the right idea, Right Now!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:59 pm

You'll get through and you will find the right job! Keep your chin up.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Well the lady told me that a lot of it had to do with the fact that I want to be in the chemistry field. I think she is looking for someone to be more long term than I'm planning to be. This is just a better paying job till I can get my "real job." I think she realized this. Plus, she said that I didn't give her great examples of what she was looking for, like decision making and going above and beyond for the customer.

I dunno. I'm thinking that this was meant to just be experience in interviewing once again, and for me to keep looking for my real job instead of a better paying in-between job.

Here's hoping.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:53 am

Ah, grasshopper, you need to learn to lie better! :-D

I have to do the same thing here in Calgary, since all I want to do is move away from here!

On the other hand, I found out on Monster, that you can have them send you jobs that suit your criteria from anywhere, so I'm now recieving all the jobs that I can find from the Greater Vancouver area... When I find a good enough one to warrant moving there, I'm on my way!

Don't worry, you'll find your perfect job, you just may be stuck there during the season... Don't stop looking, whatever you do though!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:42 pm

I found a job, and if you can hang in there I'm sure you will find something better.

I got lucky and found a restaurant that was opening soon and close to home. =D> Looks like the cook is back in action =D>

Hang in there kiddo, the Gods have something for you too.
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:52 am

It's a hard slog, eh? I still haven't found work. It can just get so discouraging! Blessings your way for motivation!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:27 pm

The work hunt is always a tedious one. Hang in there since something better will come along...it always does.

bb
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.