Looking for a job

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Looking for a job

Post by FyreGarnet » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:34 pm

So, I've been trying to find anything that will get me out of Michaels. It's just bad karma all around there. I figure, not many places can be worse than this place, and if my next place is, I can still move on.

Just recently my manager that I work with has been at another store cuz they are all morons over there. So I've been taking care of a very huge department practically by my self. I've had a little help from people, but it has been very little. The assistant manager, who is a moron at our store, was trying to help me and she put something completely where it didn't belong. She has been known to do this often, so I went to the store manager and asked if she could not help me anymore. I told him the reason why I'm asking this of him, and he replied that if I get my stuff done, it won't happen anymore. I felt very unwanted at that point, and really wish I could just give my two weeks notice now. But I need the money, like most other people, so I can't until I find another job.

Anyway, I'm hoping that you can send some best wishes and such to me to find the right job for me at this time. I'm so exhausted all the time from this place and I feel it is toxic to me.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:19 pm

I'm sending lots of good vibes your way. I know how a toxic job can suck your soul, and thank all the divine there ever was that I am out of that now, as of a week ago yesterday.

Here's pullin' for ya!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:49 pm

Thank you crazy. It wasn't much better today, except that my manager finally came back. Which means the work load will ease up quite a bit once we get caught up.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:27 am

Well, good thoughts your way.

Hopefully the energy gets better or you find something else you like.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 am

Good luck, I know what a horrible job can do to you. The upside is that we're coming into the Xmas season where there will be alot of places looking for new employees. Even if it's only temporary and you have to find something else after the season's over, at least it'll get you outta there. [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:09 pm

Well, and to top it all off, my dad told me tonight that my mom thinks I'm turning into a nasty person. I know that this is all a bunch of the stress of work and my pills and my mom pestering me about things. But, needless to say, I now feel even more worthless than I did before.

*Sigh*

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:59 am

Oh gods, what a horrid way to wrap it all up. Don't listen to them, Fyregarnet. You're a wonderful person. Just live your life and if people can't appreciate you, ignore their comments until they can.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:21 pm

Sounds like you need a lot of strength and sunny vibrations coming your way. We all believe in you FyreGarnet and I'm sending you as much strength as I can. Just ignore all those people with their unhelpful comments! I've been there and I know how it feels when everything is getting on top of you, but it doesn't stay that way forever, just remember that!

You could try to manifest yourself into a better position through visualising your ideal situation and you could also try making yourself a little tonic to get a spring back into your step. Ginger tea really helps me feel cheerful when I've been down for a while and it puts me back into a positive frame of mind.

*sending strength and good wishes*
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:23 am

Well, I continue looking. One replied back, but the position is only part time and I'd only get a max of 25 hours a week. I have a few things to try today.

On a side note, my mother is still not speaking to me. She is being so childish about this whole thing. She thinks that I told her to shut up and stay out of my life. When all I said was that she didn't need to keep asking me about the bank stuff. And now she won't talk to me, and all she is doing is pushing me farther away because I hate when she's like this and I'd rather not even try to talk to her at all when she does this.

I'm about ready to go tell her off. That she IS being childish and that if she doesn't want to speak to me, I'll find someone else to help me with all the wedding stuff and especially my dress, even if I have to rebuy my pattern and material. I'll also tell her that she doesn't need to come to wedding, since she will just sit there and pout. I'm just sick of it.

FyreGarnet

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:05 pm

I got a call back from Progressive Auto Insurance. I'm really hoping for the job there. It pays three dollars more than I'm making now, and that's paid training. They also pay for the training for the license and they pay for the test for the license, even the second time around if needed.

First I need to take a personality test and such, then they will do a phone interview, and then I'm not sure what I'll have to do next.

On the bad side, work sucks still, and my mother still won't talk to me. I'm beginning to wonder if she ever will. But I think in the meantime, I'm going to start moving somethings out of the house, slowly. I'm getting tired of crying because my mother won't talk to me, and it might just be better if I'm not there as much worrying about it.

Hugs, and thanks for all the well wishes and blessings. I'm working hard to make your time not wasted. ;)

FyreGarnet

Maelroth
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Maelroth » Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:48 pm

Good Luck Dear!

I too am job hunting right now, you have my sympathy and support. [-o<
My last job closed down a month ago and I have been looking since.
I swear if I didn't live in the butthole of Cali. I could have a dozen jobs. :oops:
enough of my trials and tribulations I wish you all the success the Gods will give.

P.S. Draconia found and is training someone so she will finally have a day off tomorrow! :-D

hope you and your mom work things out.
Not all who wander are lost-Tolkien

Religion is like a finger pointing to the moon, we must not get so involved in the finger that we forget where it points.

Maelroth B*B!

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:15 pm

Maelroth,

Not sure what type of job you are looking for, but here is something my company is looking for your way.

Test Technician

or you can probably find something in the near vicinity.
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:57 pm

Well, I got a call from progressive. I went to take the tests and passed both. Next is phone interview, then an in person interview. If I pass both, then training starts on Dec. 10.

The only problem is, the place is so far away. I'm nervous about starting a new job anyway, let alone so far away. I'll be going from a roughly 15-20 minute drive, to a 30-40 minute drive.

However, her is the info. 7 weeks paid training with base pay of $12.36 or more DOE. I currently make $9.42. This is M-F 9:45-6:30. This is a licensed position, and I have to pass the test for the license before training is over. They pay for the test, twice if I need to take it a second time. I have three tries though, and the third time I pay $73. I can't miss one day of training, but hey, it's like I'm in school again there.

Then, when training is over with. The shift only changes days. I'll get Saturday and either tuesday or thursday off. That's good because my fiance is supposed to have thursdays and fridays off next year. Also, the shift is not 5 in the morning like my truck days currently. When the shift changes days, I get a 5% shift differential, which means that I could be making just under $13.00 an hour at the base pay.

All the pros say go for it, including support from my fiance and friends and family. But I still am not sure about the drive. Winter can suck here, or it can be fine, almost like spring or fall. I'm not worried about gas, cuz my pretty new car can get almost 30 mpg, and the pay would be more than enough to cover the cost.

Mainly, I'm just asking everyone's advice. Also, I'm letting you know what's up in that department with my life since I'd been asking for blessings and such.

There are two other possibilities. Both are jewelry shops. That makes me nervous as well. Since that is usually commission work. Also, that would be less pay, at least base pay. Plus, I'd be more tempted to spend money on jewelry there.

Well, I'll end this long read for all of you. I have time before my phone interview next wednesday. But I have an interview at one of the jewelry stores thursday.

FyreGarnet

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:46 pm

You know, I really enjoy my long drive to work. It takes me 25 minutes, but then it USED To take me 50. I take the time to listen to my music, sing to my heart's content, and get in touch with my own self, something I couldn't enjoy if I only took 10m to get to work. I'm Canadian, so I'm good in the snow ;) Not half as good as an Ontarian, though. Practice makes perfect. First snowfall, take your car and bomb it around in an empty parking lot. Fun, safe, and oh man do you learn a lot!

My two cents :)
Crazy Healer Lady

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:42 pm

I say go for it. I've had long distance jobs before, and for less money. I can't advise you on the snow since I've never had that issue, but driving in pouring down rain can be pretty tricky as well. All in all, it sounds like a pretty decent job, and if it gets you out of retail for the holidays it should definitely be worth it. I myself will actually be enjoying my first Xmas in 4 years because I no longer work in a retail environment. :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."