SERIOUS bad timing!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

SERIOUS bad timing!

Post by Kystar » Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:51 pm

Okay, so I'm here to BEG for healing energy.

Early this AM, I went to the ER b/c I couldn't seem to catch my breath when I lay down, felt like someone was choking me. Found out I have a fairly bad sinus infection with throat drip causing a nasty sore throat, dry scratchy throat.

Here's the kicker, I have my wedding reception on the 4th of Nov...about a week away.

Right now, I'm not sleeping well b/c of the bad breathing thing...basically, my throat dries out, and feels like it can't open & close that flap to go from food to air. We're going to be in crunch time, and I don't know that the drugs the hospital gave me are going to make a difference in time.

This is the LAST time I plan something elaborate if I'm not in a theatre!

HELP?
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:35 pm

Reiki on the way!

Breathe in some hot water over the stove with some eucalyptus oil. Really helps. Take some ginseng to boost your immune system and when you start to feel better, take some echinacea as well.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:42 am

I used a tea homemade of ginger root and marshmallow root with honey. That helped me a lot when mine was pretty bad.

Best of wishes to you my dear.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:16 am

I was trying to drink the Traditional Medicinals Throat Coat tea, but it's almost completely licorice root, and I every time I drank more than three sips, I felt like I was going to throw up. If I can find it, I might try their kids version, which is less licorice root...but dunno.

I have a few herbal books lying around, I'm going to do some quick research to see what I have in the house will help the throat.

THanks for the good wishes, advice, Reiki energy and all that, everyone!

Found out that running the humidifier at night is a help...but having a cup of water on the bedside table with two cats isn't a smart idea. LOL.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:50 am

LOL, same reason I switched to bottles.

Stress never helps with these things. I will think of you and burn a candle tonight!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:59 pm

I'm prone to sinus infections. Cleaning the air with tea tree oil helps me. I either use the hot water or misting method to release the oil in the air.

If there is a health food store in your area of good repute then find a European product/brand called Umeca (sp). This brand has natural herbals that will work along side the hospital meds without badness happening.

For health, I'd just toss the cats out of the room for a night or two so that you could use the humidifyer.

I would send energy but my body is fighting the sinus thing too. Its right on the cusp of becoming a sinus infection but my body is winning thus far.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:45 am

Also if you use honey in your tea it'll help... Honey is very healthy and will help to sooth the throat in a way that sugar can't.

Also, I'll send you reiki tonight... I hope everything works out for you!!!
Last edited by Kitsune on Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:16 am

Well, the drugs the hospital gave me seem to be working...except I'm not sure it's a sinus infection...as my nephew who spent the week here before I got sick went to the ER and was diagnosed with Croup.

Found out that croup is a variant of Strep Throat. When I was little, I got strep every month from Sept to April, basically, at almost the exact same time. My dr's say my allergies make me more susceptible to strep b/c of the way my sinuses drain in my throat. My sister thinks that it's a touch of croup, but they didn't diagnose it as such b/c I'm nearly 30...and adults don't usually get this kind of stuff. Since I stopped getting it when I hit puberty, I didn't consider it...but the Doc's say if you have a weakness as a child, you can continue to have that weakness as an adult, it just manifests differently.

Right now, I've got a dry throat that occasionally becomes sore, I'm still getting the swelling feeling when I try to sleep, but it's not enough to stop me from sleeping, just enough to wake me up once in a while...and I get a dry, barking cough once in a while b/c my throat tickles.

However, I want to thank those who sent Reiki, and good wishes. I'm hopeful that things will be cleared up enough by Saturday/Sunday that this wedding thing will go off w/o a hitch.

Positive thinking at its finest, I suppose.

Anyway, thanks all.