OMG! It never quits!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:01 am

Good for you :)

I think when you lay the grounds for the wedding, it helps for things in the future. How many mother in laws and father in laws try to dictate the raising of one's children, and the worst of them will try to convince one's SO that you are not doing a good job and "Come live back with mommy and bring the kids!"

Putting your foot down now, I feel, makes it easier next time when kids are involved.

Congrats anyway ^__^ Your day will be very special and even though it's a lot of hassle now with the fam, I'm sure the actual day will go flawlessly :D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:55 am

"Come home to Mummy" would be very difficult considering she moved down to my sister's house the moment she found out that big sister was preggers.

LOL...after this, I'll be very surprised if I ever hear from any of them again. Which is fine if they have these issues and opinions. I've dealt with the lectures and disapproval of everything I do for the last 28 years, I don't need it for the next 30.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:32 pm

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:I think when you lay the grounds for the wedding, it helps for things in the future. How many mother in laws and father in laws try to dictate the raising of one's children, and the worst of them will try to convince one's SO that you are not doing a good job and "Come live back with mommy and bring the kids!"
:-o You know what, that's exactly what happened to my girlfriend! Exactly that!! Except, he never did move back in with mummy, but he might as well have. Things are starting to look up for her however, so it's only a matter of time before she finds her own place, settles down a little, has her kid around more (and we think that once she has her own place, the little one will be at her place more than his anyways ... He loves being a dad, but he's missing his own time a hell of alot) ... And then ... On with the divorce. Which will hopefully be easier once both of them tell his mother exactly what she can do with that big opinionated mouth of hers. She does not want what is best for anyone out of any of this except herself!! She sees herself as my girlfriends kid's mother! She does not believe that Tam can be a mother at all ... All I have to say to that woman is - How can you possibly know that when you set out against her from the day that child was born? GRRR Mothers like that should honestly be shot for interfering in something that has nothing to do with them. ok .... /rant over lol
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:53 pm

She sees herself as my girlfriends kid's mother! She does not believe that Tam can be a mother at all ...
You know... That kind of reminds me of Jocasta and Oedipus... o_O

I think I am lucky in that my mother in law never liked being a mom to little ones. She is an amazing mom to animals and my guy has taken on those wonderful qualities, but she just doesn't like kids, though she will never admit it :P
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:30 am

Wow, I realized that I never updated anyone on this issue!

Anyways...heard back from Mom, she was very snippy in the voice-mail message, so I let Tony talk to her...since she talks to him like a human being instead of a stray dog. She vacillated between sobbing about me pushing her away and being angry that I'm telling her where to stuff it. However, it boiled down to her not coming since we're not going out of our way to accommodate her.

The only other thing to happen was that I got a regrets card from my dad & step-mom...which means that absolutely NO ONE from my actual, Legal family is coming to this thing. If I wasn't already convinced they all think I'm a waste of ectoplasm, this would REALLY do that.

This is the day that I'm actually GLAD I'm not blood-related to any of these ppl. Makes me wonder if my birth Mom would be a little more open-minded? Hmm...that's a quandary to ponder later.

So, my family-in-spirit is coming...right down to the Mom, Dad and Brother of my best friend...who basically unofficially adopted me a few years ago. Almost all my close friends are accounted for, and the ones that aren't, I've drifted away from in the recent past b/c of life...so that's not a big deal.

I've decided that everyone who sent a "regrets" will get a photo sent to them after the wedding...maybe us and the wedding party...regardless of the reason...except the B-i-L/sister...and that will be the last contact I initiate with my legal family.

Thought you guys would like an update, though...so there you go.

And the Clock is ticking at 6 days...btw!

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Oct 29, 2007 11:47 am

thanks for the update and good luck,
you should post a pic here too...the PL family!

Good luck with the big day!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:49 pm

Yes, we need pics :)

Good for you! After all, you only want to be surrounded by loving people on your wedding.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Sounds like you've got a really wonderful family-in-spirit. :D
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:23 am

Pics are definately needed!

Trust me you're all going to be getting to see mine when we have ours done!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:05 am

Oh yes, pics will be posted, have no fear!

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:47 am

P.S.- I love your new avatar... Owls are great! :-D
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:40 pm

My second favourite animal...next to tigers of course.

Owls in the family is a great book too !
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:10 pm

Not exactly my guide's form, but close enough. Haven't found a good enough pic of a great horned owl that shrinks into an avatar well.

Dark Waters
Level 13
Level 13
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by Dark Waters » Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:14 am

A quick search got these {need to be shrunk - I kinda like #3}

ImageImage Image
I'm living in the Shadows and the Night,
Wrapped in warm darkness, safe and sure.
My Path shines by the Moon's fragile light,
It frees my Mind and keeps my Heart pure.

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:39 am

THANKS!

I always get these massive pics that don't shrink well, or these tiny little thumbnails when I try and find some good owl pics.

:-o

Yay, new owl pics to play with!