Blessings for a life change...

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Blessings for a life change...

Post by Kitsune » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:32 am

Okay, me and Grimwell have been wanting to get out of Calgary for a while now, but without a clear idea of where we're going, no money saved up and the places we've been wanting to move to being WAY too far away... Well, plans were sort of put on indefinate hiatus. Then we looked at Perth, Australia again, and it's currently even more expensive to live there and buy a home than it is here... especially since our dollar is worth about half of what their's is.

So we decided that it was currently an unreasonable dream, and that some work would definately have to been done... putting it at least 4-5 years in the future. We decided to look a little closer to home and checked into BC again (since our trip there last year was to see if we wanted to live on a boat near the coast). Well, I don't think I could live on a boat, but BC would be very nice. It's still going to be a few months to a year before we can get there (Depending on whether we're willing to take overtime or in my case a second job)...

But I was looking for new jobs in Calgary and Craiglist Vancouver came up... Don't know why, but decided to amuse myself checking out who was hiring. Well I found an awesome little job for a receptionist for a medical clinic... I fullfill most of their requirements... (I don't have any second languages, which would have been a plus), but I applied for the job yesterday. It starts in August, which would give me a month to save up cash for a plane ride there.

If I get it, I can go out to BC, live with my Mother for a month, until I've found us a place, and then we can move Joe and the rest of our stuff over. It pays more than I make here, and if I'm already over there, especially if I'm living with family for a month or two, we'll have saved up more than enough for Joe to come down in about two months time. Even if we don't buy a house right away, and wait for 3-5 months after Joe arrives, we'd be there, and that would be great.

So, this is getting really long winded and I'll stop boring all of you, but I just wanted to ask for you guys to keep me and this job in your thoughts. Thanks everybody!

[-o< [-o< [-o<
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:47 am

You are in my prayers and in my blessings. That would be wonderful if they hired you!! Vancouver is a long drive, but for 3-4 months, it definately can be done no sweat!

It will all come together for you :-D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:26 pm

Sure! It's a shame that Australia didn't pan out, but I hope your new job comes through and everything can be moved with minimum troubles!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:34 am

I love Vancouver, so much warmer than Ottawa.

Good luck withyour plans, it isa shame that Australia didn't pan out, but think of Vancouver as one hour closer!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:01 am

We may still check into it... but Perth is currently experiancing the same sort of jump in everything that Calgary is.

It makes it really easy to get in, but very expensive to live there or leave.

Vancouver is a much smaller move. And if we can get better, higher paying jobs there, then we'll be able to save up that much more for a further move when we're going insane and want to move again! :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:45 pm

I hope it all works out for you hun. But just so you know ... Perth isn't that great a place hehe. John was over that side of the country last year, and he hated it. But then, that was his opinion. Although, I'm yet to hear anything great about Perth myself.

Anyways ... enough rambling on there! I'll cross fingers, and send blessings to help out. [-o<
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~