ACHH DAMN!!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Ragnar

ACHH DAMN!!

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:29 pm

A lot of you will know that I am going through the application procedures to get German citizenship.

I got a letter yesterday saying that because I am still obtaining welfare as a top up, I can not get citizenship. :cry:

DAMN, there are Police, nurses, even DOCTORS and bloody LAWYERS that get "top up", what chance do they think I stand?

Any way I have an appeal to go through.

It would be ever so nice if I knew some of you were thinking of me. :roll:

Thanks people. [-o<

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Good grief, do they want you to jump through hoops of fire next? Or maybe find a way to convince a shark that a human isn't prey? Geeze!

Good luck with everything, Ragnar.
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:39 pm

O.K, if we forget about my Navy...."hobby" ( :lol: ), becuse that is basically sitting at a computer checking links, tying one and one together, and tracing IP numbers etc, my main problem is my gout and lumbago.

I can not do my "normal job", which is either police (plus without a German citizenship you can not do that either), Seaman, or general factory work.

I have a doctors report that sais I officialy can not do those jobs. But my "disability grade is "only" 40%.

Because it is not 50% Government departments do not consider you unfit for work to the extent that if you can not work, it is not your fault.

BUT go to any firm and tell them you are 40% "disabled" and you may as well tell them you need a lung transplant once an hour. They are just NOT interested. Because gone are the days when bosses employed scalpels, that were perfect for a certain job, NOW they want Swiss army pen knives. I.e, not only do they want you to be able to fly the plane, they want you to be able to load it and clean the toilets at the same time. (The REALLY annoying thing is, in private these Government wallahs will agree with that. But when they write (and read) the reports, they follow EXACTLY the letter of the law.)

So, I have been going around various places seeing if they have work. THEY (Government departments) say that I have not done enough, because I am going to places that employ factory workers. (Even though five of these firms have actualy put me on their wait and see list). Aha. "So what do YOU suggest?" The answer "I don't know, but you must keep looking for work".

"As WHAT?"..."Oh....aaahhmmm....No idea".

Thats why I have been attempting to get the rehabilitation course I wrote about here some while back. For which I am STILL waiting for an appointment with the doctor.

What I am needing is for the immigration to accept that if the bloody welfare office disability advisor can not think of how to get me a "proper" job, then what bloody chance do I stand?

Also, that given the restrictions, I have done as much as I can. Including researching and finding a rehabilitation course, that will take me as soon as I have the medical report that reccomends it.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:27 am

I'll definately do/send what I can. The way they are putting you through hoops is shameful.

Good luck my friend. I hope they wake up and realize the stupidity & contradictions of their whole operation.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:00 am

Cheers. 8-)

I have been writing my appeal today. Some real corkers in the refusal letter.

Such as I haven't worked, or attempted to find work since 2001!!!!

Got 'em by the short and curleys, I hope. :-D

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:40 am

Just lit the candle on my altar mein Freund.
(my thoughts and any spare energy will be crossing the border pretty soon)
/|\

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:23 pm

Argh things like that drive me crackers!

They want you do do it, Make it stupidly hard, Stop you doing it... then blame it on you O.o

Good luck and I hope you head doesn't explode :) :oops:
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:14 pm

Brown Eyed Girl wrote: They want you do do it, Make it stupidly hard, Stop you doing it... then blame it on you O.o
Strange you should say that lass. I found a part of the three page letter last night, that said;

"It can not be assertained that it is not your fault that you have not found suitable work, because you are applying for jobs that are not suited to your physical disabilities".

EXCUSE ME? I have been trying to get them to give me a REHA since 2004, I have been asking CONSTANTLY for retraining courses. Always with three answers;

1) No (without reason)

2) There are no such things.

3) You do not qualify. (Again without reasons). (Given answer two, I always find it rather amusing to watch them squirm when I ask "Oh, so I don't qualify for these courses that don't exist, have I got that right?")

But "You must continue to look for suitable work".

So, I have. NOW they tell me that the jobs I have applied for are "unreasonable". #-o

If I do NOTHING, my money gets stopped, and even MORE problems from the immigration. I DO, do something, and my effort is "unreasonable". :-?
katsu wrote:
(my thoughts and any spare energy will be crossing the border pretty soon)
Thanks. Hope you have not sent them by train. The German railways are on strike. :lol:

Thanks to every one else as well. 8-)

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:58 am

Awe honey. It sucks when bureaucrats make you jump through hoops. My thoughts and blessings with you!
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 am

Na Ja. TUESDAY is the day I go in with the appeal. I doubt I will get a decision then, I think it will have to go to "higher authority"..

So, [-o<

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:38 am

You are in my prayers and I will send as much energy as I can muster.

This sounds like a bunch of gobbly-gook to me. Maybe they are trying to find you work as a street walker (note the thread about pagan/sex industry where Germany tried to get some lady to be a prostitute) =D> :roll: :lol:
Thought some humor would do you good now *wink*

Cut through all the red tape and jump through all their little hoops.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:15 am

Lotus wrote: Thought some humor would do you good now *wink*
:-D . Aye. good one. :-D

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:04 am

Agh, I'll send you a magic machete to cut through the red tape.

What jobs are appropriate? Do they want you to do a desk job? Will they offer you the training?

Governments amaze me. Good Luck with all this sir!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:11 am

Willow wrote: Will they offer you the training?
:lol: NO!

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:03 pm

Ragnar wrote:
Willow wrote: Will they offer you the training?
:lol: NO!
OMFG ... Thats so .... I don't have the words for it! I just woke up lol :axe:
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~