A bad father's day for my dad

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

A bad father's day for my dad

Post by Lotus » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:08 pm

Well, I just found out (after having a very strong inkling to call him) that my dad was in a car accident. Earlier I tried to call to wish him a happy father’s day but realized I did not have his phone number. The phone number was in the process of being changed over to another one since switching over to the family plan. He was up in Toledo and some biker pulled out as he was turning…guy smashed into the side of his van. Granted my dad should not have pulled out since he claims that he saw the other guy….the dude was not paying attention and sped up to reach another person. All and all, my dad should not have been cited because the biker was going easily 60 miles per hour in a 35 (guy had one of those racing bikes).
The good news is that both are alive and well with the exception a broken leg for the biker.
Monday my dad is going to see a lawyer about this accident because he is worried that the guy will try an outlandish civil suit. This is just a precaution one has to take this day and age because people try to get all shady and take you to the cleaners over a simple accident. We are indeed caring about the health and healing of the biker with the previous said.
My dad was very shaken up about it and exclaimed, “Its no wonder that the guy is not dead instead of just breaking a leg.”

I know many have needs beyond this right now and I do not wish to detract from that. I know that I’ve been keeping a light presence on the board (and not always responding to things read) so, feel guilty popping up and asking for prayers and good thoughts.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:38 pm

A car accident is always a shaking experience. I prescribe a stiff drink. They were both very lucky. I hope that it all gets settled quickly with the minimum of issues.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:58 am

I'll be thinking of your father,

thank heaven no one was hurt badly.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:16 am

Your poor father! I'm sending good wishes to him and I'm so glad he doesn't have to live with the guilt of the death of the biker. A broken leg can be healed and I hope it heals quickly.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:56 am

Blessings his way!

If it helps to cheer him up, especially if the biker DOES try some stupid suite, is something that comes from my mother, a nurse who worked many years in the Emergency Room in hospitals (to Bikers on this board, I'm very sorry!):

95% of the bikers that came in to the ER were wearing ladies underwear O_O

Honestly, she'd be cutting apart those leather clothes on these big, tough, burly bikers, and find frilly, lacy panties.

To the Bikers on this board, if this offends you, remember, this is Canada I'm talking about, and maybe you're just of the other 5% ^__^
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:01 pm

Thank you all.
He is still very shaken up.

Here is more of an update:
I talked to my mom today and she told me that his van is totaled. Mechanics pointed out that the frame is bent and unfixable. Meaning this had to be one heck of an impact.
He talked to a lawyer and he said that he should get one in Toledo area. The lawyer also noted that the biker was going way too fast (obviously) which is wreckless driving. Also, a few seconds later and if it were a different part of my dad's van then the biker would be dead. This last bit came from a State Highway patrol officer that my dad contacted for more information.

I'll be using the energies of the Summer Solstace towards this issue since I have the day off Thursday.

CHL,
I nearly sprayed my monitor with Honest Tea (pepermint) when I read your post. Thanks for trying to make me feel better :-D

Thanks again for listening,
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:57 am

I'm sending calming thoughts for your dad. Accidents always leave you shaken up. I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt. It sounds like the biker was incredibly fortunate.

And I almost wonder if lacy underthings are for a practical reason? Maybe it's cause boxers bunch up when you're sitting and you can't adjust while riding? :roll: Or maybe in a world or rough and dirty leather they just want to have something pretty? :lol:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake