Interview Blessings

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Interview Blessings

Post by Jescissa » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:48 am

I'm sorry to jump in amongst all the very ill people who need blessings more than I do, but I've been out of work for about 2 months and have my first interview in that time coming up on the 17th. Please spare any blessings you can, I really would love this job (it's working at a cinema and I love films) and I need it to fund my research this year (it's my final year in September and I have my dissertation looming!)
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:53 pm

Good luck sweetie! *crosses fingers* [-o<
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:37 pm

Good luck, we have faith in you.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:25 am

You will do awesome!!!

Remember all the blessings I asked for about my job? I got it, and I had my first day yesterday (I'll post about it later)

Something that I barely believed I had the qualifications for, that my boss was (and still is) so indignant that I even applied for (I'm not a scheduler!), and I blew away the interview, have above and beyond the qualifications, I make awesome $, and the people are so amazing.

I'm sharing this because oh man, it's going to happen to you, too! If not this one, then the one that fits you perfectly, although I'm VERY sure you will get this one.

Just do something for me: The next time you're walking or driving to the grocery store, or to watch a movie, pretend in your mind that you are heading to your new wicked job where they love you and you are privy to raises and bonuses and will not only get you the money you need for school, but enough to actually have food other than mac & cheese in the cupboard (poor students, lol). Do this as often as you can - you're getting ready in the morning? You're getting ready to head to this new job you love.

Oh I am such a nag... but it works. Try it, but keep your intention clear!

*Sigh* Only a crazy lady with too much advice to give can say in seven paragraphs that she is sending her blessings
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:10 pm

Have faith in the power of the library. :-D

Good luck with the job, and may Odin guide your dissertation.

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:20 am

I was skeptical about exactly how well this whole manifesting thing that Crazy's always going on about works...

Until last night when me and Joe found a working Honda Prelude (Grimwell's second favourite make of car) and for under $1000 cdn too! I was looking on Kijiji and the guy had only added it about 10 min before I signed on.

This stuff works, keep your intent clear, and don't bog your belief with unfounded worries and doubts.

:lol: I've got my own personal guru who tells me how to succeed in life, I just need to listen to my Crazy Healer Lady a little bit more .... I don't think she's ever steered me wrong... 8-)
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:08 am

I'll be sending you some good vibes tonight and on through the 17th.

There's something to be said about mindset.

If, in your mind, you already have the job, you will nail the interview. It's worked for me in the last two interviews.

Not only did I slam dunk the interview that got me into this office in the first place, but not even a year later, I wrapped up a Team Lead position with the same speed.

Confidence and poise are key. Walk into that interview as if you've already been hired, back straight and head held high. You're just telling them why they've hired you. :-D Seriously. You're qualified! You're dedicated! You're a hard worker. You have goals; both professional and personal.

Goals are important. In every interview I've ever had, I've been asked that question and it's one of the things that interviewers love to hear about. Nobody wants to hire a deadbeat with no plans for the future. Where do you see yourself in 1 year? In 5? Always state your professional goals first. Make sure it has something to do with the industry that you're interviewing for. Once you've established that you're a mover and shaker, then you tell them about your personal goals, building a racing boat, raising purebred dogs, hiking to the top of Everest, whatever. They love to see that you have a plan for the future.

Anyway, that's my dissertation on how to get hired. :lol:

Good luck, and Gods Bless!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:42 pm

Davisherm, so well put!
I've got my own personal guru who tells me how to succeed in life, I just need to listen to my Crazy Healer Lady a little bit more .... I don't think she's ever steered me wrong...
*hides* No guru! Plain crazy healer lady. Guru bad. Guru's don't sit on the couch in their underpants playing ChronoTrigger in an unflattering but very comfortable position!!! ;)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:35 am

Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Davisherm, so well put!
Thanks! :)
Crazy Healer Lady wrote: *hides* No guru! Plain crazy healer lady. Guru bad. Guru's don't sit on the couch in their underpants playing ChronoTrigger in an unflattering but very comfortable position!!! ;)

SURE THEY DO! The just don't let the public SEE them doing it.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:48 am

Thanks so much for the tips everyone! I've been visualising like crazy and I've also been spreading the good will - a friend of mind told me yesterday about an opening at his place of work, and I told two other friends who are also looking for work. We went to the store to all put our names down for interviews together, so I have another interview tomorrow evening. I don't know whether visualising for both will spread me thinly, but I'm so looking forward to getting into work again, I've really missed it.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:49 am

I don't know whether visualising for both will spread me thinly
Don't even focus on the type of job - just the feelings that the job would bring up. Such as: the rush to get ready in the morning, the satisfying and stable feeling of getting a good paycheque every fortnight that will go to your schooling, the joy of helping others as they smile at you and thank you for whatever it is you've helped them with today (whether it be a customer or coworker or boss).

It is like manifesting money. It is so very hard to manifest money by thinking, "I've got all this money," but it is incredibly easy to manifest when you think of all that you would buy with it: "I've got a nice house, my parents are taken care of, I have a garden, I have a..." You will find yourself acquiring these things, without the money needed!! That house will be priced so very low, your parents will find that their retirement funds are privy to special laws from the gov't that give them an extra $100/week , etc.

OK rant over.
Crazy Healer Lady

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:19 pm

Thank you, I've been doing just that :-D I don't even have to feign excitement, I truly am excited by the prospect of returning to work!

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:06 pm

AWESOME!! good for you!
Crazy Healer Lady

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:32 pm

This place is enough to get anyone fire up enough for a JI! xD Good Lucky..

(CHL.. I have NO Mac and cheese in my cupboard... I have a HUGE bag and Pasta and ingredients to make uber cheap tomatoy basily herby sauce! xD)
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:17 am

ha ^__^ That's awesome!

Around here, Mac & Cheese is the food of bachelors and poor students. I'm glad you have something at least healthy! 8-) ( Honestly... how can you write exams loaded up on chemicals that resemble cheese and noodles? Or just GRAPES!? ;) mwa ha ha ha )
Crazy Healer Lady