2007 is a great year...

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

2007 is a great year...

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:12 am

I'm here again...
2007 seems to be a great year for us in brum doesn't it.

Anyhow, After my mum's funeral and wake, we went to my house to relax, eat pizza and generally remember my mum.

We get a phone call from Simon's(My BoyFriend.) mum, Simon's dad has been diagnosed with Kidney cancer that may of already spread to his lungs.

Si is currently waiting for the 3rd one to hit us and hes desperate that it won't be Josh (His Baby Nephew) he just has an awful feeling that it will be.

So this time, instead of asking for my mum, Its for my boyfriend and his dad :)
Who is "I" without a past? A river without a source? An event without a cause?

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:51 am

We have that rumour in our family too, bad things happen in threes,`.

I'll b e thinking of him today. Kidney cancer is tough, but it isn't unbeatable.

And don't worry about your nephew, I would pray some protection for him, it will make you both feel better. And it can never hurt.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

white_harmony
Zodiac: Virgo

Post by white_harmony » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:50 pm

Must be a rumour that runs around the world that one, cause we have it here too. I too will send some thoughts and blessings to help out.
~ The mystery of love is greater than the mystery of death ~

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:03 pm

Blessings for you all

The three's thing happens for us, too. I've successfully broken it, though, and also made Friday 13ths good luck!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:48 pm

Man, I hope he's okay <3
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:44 am

[-o< [-o< Blessings to Simon and his family, particularly to his dad. You're going through the mill BEG! [-o<
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:53 am

Sending what I can for this little one and the rest of your family also.

Chin up, Philly. The year's half over. :hug:
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Jun 10, 2007 5:16 pm

I've been away from the board and just read through all of the news come your way.
You are in my prayers for sure [-o<
The only advice I could give that would be of confort would be to keep your hopes up.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:28 pm

Thanks guys :)

Things are looking up a little now, his dad is out of hospital properly but we don't know the full diagnosis yet. I have a house, and soon to have a room mate.. and bills.. which will proceed me getting a job.. asap..

I just hate the way all of this goes, its so stupid! The funeral costs £2k right? I'm a student with no money (I have about £100 in the bank which for me in major savings!) I'm still on careers allowance - it carries of for 2 months past the persons death, which is good for me, but also a giant pain in the arse! the only way i can get help for that bill is if I'm on some form of benefits - I hate being on Benefits, I've seen people live of them and I couldn't stand the idea. So i decided to go for Job Seekers (It slowly gets less and less the longer it takes you to find a job) but I can't do that until Careers expires... Gah, I just wanted to have a job by now, namely because I can't pay the mass of about £450 a month with £200 a month!..

Ok... rant over :)
Anyhow, thanks guys, apart from little stress's things are getting easier and there isn't so much risk of me being thrown into the street, all I have to do now is sort out bills, lots of em.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 am

They will settle down, the bills I mean. They always sort of attack you in the beginning, but once you get who gets paid what and when and why sorted out, they will come by the trickle instead of by the storm. My dear you deserve the world, and I am so sorry things are so tough right now.

I'll be sending some major distance Reiki tonight now that my wards have been completed.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:14 am

I'll be thinking of your prosperity. Its hard to be positive at a time like this, but something will come eventually.

Funeral bills suck. I had a talk with my Mom and I asked her what she wanted if anything ever happenned, the hard part was talking about paying for it. Anyway, we have some money set aside now. It was a hard talk and I am glad we had it.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:28 pm

we had talked about it... we were meant to be organising it in June.. Along with the will. Just a spurge of bad timing I guess.

Thanks CHL. xD
My brother has given up trying to send my energy, especially when hes in the same country as me, It bounces back and hits him in the head apparently.. I don't find it a little amusing.. i swear :)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:00 am

sorry, that shouldn't have come out as a criticism.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Brown Eyed Girl
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Brown Eyed Girl » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:49 am

Willow wrote:sorry, that shouldn't have come out as a criticism.
It didn't :)
We literally had talked about it.. but the doctor saying we had at least 5-6 months, maybe a year on chemo kinda threw us :)