Again: For a Job

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 15, 2007 5:19 am

Oh man, take a few days away to write essays and you miss a lot.

I hope everything gets better. A job you love is just the most wonderful thing. I hope everything works out.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Tue May 15, 2007 7:35 am

I'm glad things seem to be working out. :)

And pole dancing makes me think of Vella, the Nadrak dancer in David and Leigh Eddings' Mallorean books.

Kystar would agree, methinks.

Scuba Diving? You're braver than me. Much braver than me. I don't even like going ON water, let alone under it.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 15, 2007 3:16 pm

Davish, the pool is one thing: I'm scared for the weekend.

Well, my boss caught wind, as I mentioned.

This morning she pulled me into her office, offered me a $1 raise and full time, doing client assessments etc. Immediately I said yes, until I realized that sinking feeling, like I had just sold my soul.

She handed me the contract, and it's absolutely ridiculous. I'm getting paid half of what my coworker gets and I will get it all dumped on me - Did I mention I hate this coworker and I am always picking up her slack??? Every bit of work that she is supposed to do she dumps on everyone around her? I do 100% of the drug testing, orientations, and every other bit she feels she is too important to do.

This has officially become my rant topic :evil:

Thankfully, the boss is on vacation. I told her I need some time to think before I sign my soul to the devil for another year. Did I mention the contract is open-ended and is outright ridiculous??? Boss is not back until Mon ( 28 ), and by then the amazing job that I'd get paid 2x as much for starting off casual will have called and I can make a final decision.

Oh jeebus. You guys have better things to do that read my problems. What'd ya spend the time reading this for? Go make some hot chocolate!! and add a bit of vanilla schnaaps. Have a sip for me!
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue May 15, 2007 4:55 pm

Boo hiss.

Thinkit over, maybe you can give the other place a call and thank them for your interview.

Salso maybe you should negotiate, say how much this other job is offering you. Women often get paid less then men simply because they don't negotiate. But it is up to you what you feel comfortable doing.

Good luck dear!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 15, 2007 5:03 pm

Men?? At We Care?? We have 3 male employees that work in the field. Men just seem to be a minority in healthcare in the Fraser Valley

I talked it over with my SO, and I agree with him. I can't sign it. The contract is just so ridiculous. A 6-month probation period when I have worked there almost 4 years, and the standard is a 3 month probation I must add, she wants a year's committment on an open-ended contract paying me borscht.

I'm just not good under pressure. It's one of those situations where I have to write out everything I'm saying a million times and regurgitate them or else they fly out of my head in a state of adrenaline-rush.
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Crazy Healer Lady

WOOHOO

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Fri May 18, 2007 10:08 am

I GOT IT I GOT IT I GOT IT!!!

They called me at work to tell me I'm hired!!!! YAHOO! The woman who is orientating me is on holidays until May 22, so she'll be calling me to set up the dates.

YES!! Thank you all so much for your blessings!!!
Crazy Healer Lady

daybydayiwalkmyway
Level 1
Level 1

Post by daybydayiwalkmyway » Sun May 20, 2007 3:48 am

Congrats!
If you want to become whole,
let yourself be partial.
If you want to become full,
let yourself be empty.
If you want to be reborn,
let yourself die.
If you want to be given everything,
give everything up.

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sun May 20, 2007 6:47 am

:-D

I guess that solves the problem of the open ended contract at your current place, eh?

Congratulations!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun May 20, 2007 8:33 am

Woot!

Congrats CHL and good luck with the new job!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sun May 20, 2007 9:13 am

Congrats CHL! =D>
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Tue May 22, 2007 6:12 am

Ohhhh ya it sure solves that problem, Davisherm! Did I mention that my boss left the contract for the person she was going to hire face-up on her desk while she is away on vacation and we are playing boss? (Well, actually just my coworker; she is the boss while the boss is gone, and a darn good one, too.) It's the same as what I would be doing (unless you count the work I am already doing that would still be my duties), for $4 more, twice the vacation, and a lot of perks I cannot even remember right now.

But now I can just... I can say the heck with it. 3 full shifts at the new place makes me more than fulltime at the old place even when I am making the orientation wage!!!

AND I went scuba diving on the weekend, down to 30, 40, 50, and 60ft, starfish were everywhere (literally hundreds - you could not drop to the bottom without landing on them), and I saw sea slugs, sea cucumbers, jellyfish, crazy looking fish, crabs, and a whole bunch of crazy things!

Life is comin' up roses again. Yahoo. I'm on track.

Thank you all again for your bright blessings and congrats ^^
Crazy Healer Lady

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 am

Congratulations dear. I'm so glad things are looking up for you.

Hugs
FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Tue May 22, 2007 9:16 am

Congrats, CHL! That sounds incredible! Both the job and the scuba-ing! :-D

I'm glad it sounds like everythings going great... You deserve it!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue May 22, 2007 10:25 am

Congrats CHL you've earned it.
Have a greeat time

SageWOlf

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Tue May 22, 2007 1:58 pm

:wav: Congratulations CHL, you really deserve this!!! I'm really happy for you and it's solved your dilemma really well!

Could you pass a little of your luck on to me? I've handed in two applications today and I'd be happy for just a shot at interview!!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men