Persistant Headache and general exhaustion

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Persistant Headache and general exhaustion

Post by davisherm » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:07 pm

Hi everybody. I've tried fixing this myself but I'm just too strung out to manage much of anything lately and I could really use a boost.

I'm hoping I'm just really run down from being so incredibly busy these days. Spring is a time of change and we've got lots of change this spring. Perhaps too much.

I'm just plain worn out. I'm not sleeping well at night and I've had a headache that fades but never quite goes away. It starts between my left eye and ear and slowly spreads. It seems to happen mostly when I'm at work - which makes me think stress and florescent lights, but I've worked in this kind of environment for five years and it never really hit like this before.

Right now I've got either a swollen gland or a pulled muscle in my neck, so I can't move my head very far to the side without a severe stab of pain running down into my shoulder. I also have pressure in my ear on that same side.

The good news is I'm not running a fever. I'm also getting a shift change in the next few weeks, which should make things easier. As things are right now, I don't get home till 10 at night and then I have trouble falling asleep before 2 or 3, while still having to be up around 8. Starting next Friday, I'll be home around 5pm. Woo! Thank the gods!

I'd appreciate any good thoughts and blessings you can spare in my direction.

Thanks!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:14 pm

Blessings your way!! I can send you some Reiki if you want
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:08 pm

Blessings to you, Davisherm. You're in my thoughts. [-o<
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:01 pm

:GHug: Strength to you Davish
/|\

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Mar 28, 2007 11:00 pm

My grandmother used to get terrible headaches that started behind her left eye. I think migranes start there too. You might like to go to the doctor and get it checked out.

The headache could also be caused by the pain in your neck. Maybe you've pulled something or pinched a nerve. Try changing your pillow, adding another or sleeping without one for a day or two, to see if that changes anything. A dream-pillow with some lavendar might help you sleep.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:08 am

Thoughts and Blessings for you!

Feel better dear.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:19 am

Thank you, everybody just reading your words helps more than you can imagine.
Crazy Healer Lady wrote:Blessings your way!! I can send you some Reiki if you want
Some Reiki would be wonderful! Thank you!

I've tried the pillow thing, go from one to two to none. With no effect. The headache was there before the neck pain. I don't think they're related, just tag teaming me.

This is not a Migraine... at least not yet. It's never quite gotten to that level of pain.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:04 pm

I will send Reiki tonight and for the next week, or more if you like :)
Crazy Healer Lady

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27

Post by Lotus » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:45 pm

Get better!
Stress can have a strange effect on the body.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:48 am

Definitely sending what I can. I can sympathize, this past week I was working so much between my new and old jobs, AND going to school, that I got myself sick! So now I'm wasting a perfectly good weekend off trying to recover. I definitely feel your pain Davish! [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:12 am

Blessings and good will, I hope you kick this thing in to touch!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:15 am

Ok so I know this is a relaly dumb question, But what exactly is Reike? is it Massage theropy? I'd like to reveiw some websites on it if you can send me some,

Sending healing your way Dav for your headaches. I know it sounds weird but have you tried to pop your neck? WHen I get headaches I usually pop my neck and they feel alot better. If you can't do it try a Chriopracter.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

davisherm

Post by davisherm » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:46 am

Amazingly enough, my headache is almost completely gone. The pain and swelling in my neck is still there but nowhere near the intensity it was at the other day.

Thank you all so much for your help! I feel almost 100% again. I may even go to the gym tomorrow.

Crazy Healer Lady

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:18 pm

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!!
Ok so I know this is a relaly dumb question, But what exactly is Reike? is it Massage theropy? I'd like to reveiw some websites on it if you can send me some
Just posted a topic on it for you ^_^ http://www.paganlibrary.com/phpBB2/view ... 0939#60939 Hope it helps answer some of your questions

And by the way, it's not a dumb question!!
Crazy Healer Lady

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:31 am

Davisherm, I am so glad you're feeling better. A persistant illness is the worst kind. I hope your neck continues to get better as well. [-o< [-o<

SageWolf, Never a dumb question!

CHL is our resident Reiki master, and she's got me hooked on it now. From the moment I heard about it, I wanted to learn it. Here's my favourite site.

http://reiki.7gen.com/

Hope it helps!
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews