Stupid F-ing Spider

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Stupid F-ing Spider

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:47 pm

Ok, the night before my Birthday a spider bit me in the night, I thought it was a crusty or an eyelash, I wish. So now my eye is swollen half shut and it hurts like none other. And going to the doctor is not an option, all he'd do is say that it's a spider bite and to watch for lines and/or rot. So I'm gonna keep ice on it and basil ointment. I'm not gonna ask for fast healing or any thing miraculious, just that my eye doesn't fall out. :roll:

Thanks guys, I'll keep you posted. ;) *stupid smilies with working eyes, how they mock me!!!! :evil: *
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:01 pm

I hope your eye gets better.

This is part of the reason why I'm afraid of spiders.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:07 pm

I read your blog on covenspace, and when I saw "A spider bit my eye!" I thought it'd actually bitten your EYEBALL. I had some terrible mental pictures.

Possibly a warm wet cloth on the eye would draw out some of the badness? I hope it's okay!! And on the day before your birthday, too. Damn you, Murphey!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:26 pm

It's not like it's gonna kill me or anything, it's just really painful, especialy when it comes time for squeezing. >_< The basil helps, I can't use it like a poltice so I made ointment with petrolium jelly and a few Vitimin E capsules. ^_^ It brings all the yucky poision up to the top to form a head and I can squeez it all out. OH GODS THE PAIN!!!! But yay! The yucky comes out! ...owww... Hopefuly it'll all be gone by the middle of next week. ^_^

Windwalker: No, not my eyeball, the lower lid right next to that tear duct on the inner corner.

Lotus: What's worse is that I won't kill spiders. o_O When I find them in the house I move them outside and for all my hard work to be nice to them, what happens? Stupid f***er bites me!! :evil: *sigh* oh well, it could be worse, it could have been something alot more scary then a little house spider, it could have been a brown recluse or worse, a black or brown widow.

Thanks guys. ^_^
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:36 am

Well I am thinking that it was for a reason, maybe you need to "see" things in a different light, listen to the wind maybe it will help, THe spiders know you and like you so it might have bitten you as a Birthday present, I know it sounds weird but it could have been more of a THank you, and with spiders, maybe it was the only thing it could do to get your attention. When you squeeze it, then put a warm wash cloth on it, it will help sooth it, as well as help draw out the ickies.

Sending healing thoughts your way.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Ouch! That sucks, hope it heals soon! [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by iriseyes » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:22 pm

How is your bite now.. I hope you get to feeling better.
To thine own self be true.

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:25 pm

Ok, so I talked to Momma and she called me back at like 9:30 to night and convinced me to go to the hospital, so I'm going, like right now.

iriseyes
Level 6
Level 6
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by iriseyes » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:33 pm

forgotten oceans wrote:Ok, so I talked to Momma and she called me back at like 9:30 to night and convinced me to go to the hospital, so I'm going, like right now.
Blessings... take care.
To thine own self be true.

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:28 am

I was going to suggest going to the hospital. It sounds really, really nasty! I hope everything turns out ok! [-o<
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:44 pm

Update:

I went at 11:30 pm, got there at 12:00 am and sat aroung the waiting room till 4:00 am!! Then sat around in the exam room till 6:00 am just for the fairly attractive female doctor ( :-D ) to tell me to put this ointment in my eye 4 times a day for 5 days and to keep hot compresses on it.

Ever have someone smear vasaline on your glasses? 'Cuase that's what it's like for one eye right now, very blurry. But all the swelling's gone! Thanks guys for all the warm thoughts. ^_^

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sun Mar 25, 2007 4:19 am

Yay! I'm glad it's getting better.
(Stupid spider.)
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:00 am

glad its getting better.

i am glad I am not the only one who claims that parts of my body are going to fall off.

i hate eye goop. I caught a really bad eye infection last year,I would wake up and have to pull my eye open from the crusties...yuck.

the medicine was slimy but it worked so well.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:21 am

At least your feeling better, I'm happy for you.

Healing sending your way.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:57 pm

Update:
The swelling is compleatly gone so is the redness and all the pussy stuff, so that means I'm all better. ^_^ Thanks for all the warm fuzzies guys. :hug: