Job-getting Blessings

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Job-getting Blessings

Post by morgana » Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 am

So I recently found out that the cell phone store which is right next to the store I work in is hiring. I submitted a resume yesterday, and they said I should hear back in a couple days. I would REEEEAAALLLYYY like to get this job, cuz I'm sick of the one I currently have. I'm tired of cleaning up after spoiled little kids and their equally spoiled parents, not to mention all the drama that happens when too many women work together in one place :roll: . Also, if I got this job I'd hopefully be able to get a really good deal on the new Apple Iphone when it comes out. :-D So anyway, any good vibes you can spare would be great! Thanks in advance!
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:18 am

Good luck and good thoughts m'dear!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:48 pm

Good luck and congratulations! (Positive re-inforcement and all that. :lol: )
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:18 pm

Good luck!!! [-o< [-o<
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Well I walked by yesterday and they had their "now hiring" sign taken down, so I'm hoping that doesn't mean that they hired someone, or at least if they have, that they call me and ask me if I can work at a different location. Please please please! [-o< [-o< [-o<

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:35 pm

Wow! Lots of moving and shaking with jobs these days. Sounds like everybody's getting ready for spring. Major life changes and such.

Brightest blessings on your hunt, hun.
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:35 pm

Lol, yeah I noticed that too!

PS-thanks to everyone who's been sending me good vibes, here's hoping they land me this job!

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:36 pm

Good thoughts sent your way.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:55 am

Good luck!!! :D:D:D
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:17 am

Yeah, I have noticed some weird vibes lately too. htings are shaking up, I am way clumsier than usualy and everyone I know seems to be getting a bit of cabin fever.

Hopefully the spring will bring good things for all of you!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:19 am

Ok, time to update. I DIDN'T get the job at the cell phone store, they never called, and just when I was about to call them, a different and better long term job presented itself.

Right now I am in school to become a massage therapist. I'm nearly done, just have about 14 weeks left, then I'll have to sit for my state boards test, and assuming i pass it, I'll get my license. So anyway, last Saturday night while I was at work, this girl came to the register with a shirt on advertising a massage clinic. I asked her if she was a therapist there, and she said no, that she was working at the front desk until she could sit for her test and get her license. Then they'd move her to the therapist position. I told her I was currently in school for massage as well, and that led to her telling me that the clinic is hiring front desk help, especially needing someone who can work nights and weekends.

So the next day I decide to go in and fill out an application. When I turn it in, the lady says "hold on, the manager's in and he might be able to interview you." So I go through the interview and he asks how soon I can start! I told him I needed to give 2 weeks notice to my current job, but then I would be ready to work. So then he says "well could you come in for training on your days off? That way you can make sure you like it before you give your notice." So today is gonna be my first day of training, and I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. But I really think that I'll end up giving my notice after today. I'm really sick of my current job, plus he told me that once I finish school and have my license they'll just shift me right into a therapist position, so I'll have an automatic job after school!

In short, I guess I didn't get that other job for a reason! Thanks for all the help guys, here's hoping my training goes well today! [-o<

davisherm
Zodiac: Aries

Post by davisherm » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:59 am

When a door closes, the gods open a window, or something like that.

That's Great news!
"I just want to play on my Panpipes..." Cake

forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Post by forgotten oceans » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:48 am

That's wonderful!! Glad it worked out. :-D
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:54 am

And I say again... Good Luck & Congradulations! :lol:
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:18 pm

awesome, congrats and good luck to you!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)