Money and Job Worries

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:02 am

Similar story here. I worked for an agency, but the firm I was placed with arranged the hours.

So, I worked there two years. In that time I worked MOST weekends, at about 12 hours notice. One of the RARE periods when in the whole two years I did not need ONE day off sick. I cancelled my holiday dates five times because the boss told me a REALLY busy time was coming up, and they needed ALL the staff. (Mostly with less than a weeks notice. Sometimes with just a DAYS notice).

I ende up having no holidays the whole time there.

It comes to a month before Leipzig. (A Napoleonic re-enactment event, which is a DUTY for our regiment). I ask for the weekend off. NOTE a MONTH in advance.

The boss is overjoyed to give the holiday.

"Holiday"? It was the Friday, Saturday/Sunday were off any way (in theory) and the Monday. So, two days, second week in October.

The boss was all "Oh thats fine, you have been great giving up all your holidays etc, working all those weekends, Aye GREAT go and have fun etc etc."

So, I go. I have fun. Due in for late shift Tuesday. Tuesday morning, I get a phone call from the agency. Come in and see us.

Turns out the boss that said all the above had telephoned the Friday afternoon, saying that he wanted me replacing, because he could not be bothered employing people that were unreliable and wanting holidays at the drop of a hat, and that I was "not a team worker, because I was not available for the Saturday".

Bear in mind. I had the holiday form with the above comments written on, dated and signed by this idiot!

MORE annoying is, even though I showed them the said document, the agency AGREED WITH HIM! So sacked me as "an unreliable worker". #-o :scratch: :dontknow:

Now some people may say "Oh that was just a bad boss".

NO IT BLOODY WASN'T.

I have had similar experiences with ALL agencys I have worked with (10 here, five in U.K). Ask for a day off. FINE. But 99% of the time, when you come back, the placement you were in has gone.

ALSO. Because it is never just one agency at the placement. I have spoken to workers from possibly 200 different agencys. AND EVERY ONE IS THE EXACT SAME.

THAT has happened, for example, five times with placements in ONE agency alone.

THESE are holiday entitlement days, with at LEAST a months notice!

THEN people ask me why I HATE bosses! :-?

Oh! Hmmm. Sorry Jescissa, I seem to have hijacked your thread with a rant of my own. :oops: Hope you don't mind? :-?

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:54 pm

Ragnar wrote:Oh! Hmmm. Sorry Jescissa, I seem to have hijacked your thread with a rant of my own. Hope you don't mind?
Hey, rant away! I don't mind :-D Bosses are idiots. The phrase 'team player' is used far too much, I was fuming when she said that. Y'know, I worked at the drop of a hat, I've worked on New Year's Eve every year for seven consecutive years! How much 'team player' did she want??!!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:08 pm

Be nice children, I am a "Boss" :roll:

That said, I'll admit that many are idiots and I've had my fair share... I just had to investigate (read hack and analyze) all the other executives accounts and systems this last month, so I'm even more aware of how stupid they can be :lol:
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com