That time of year again

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

That time of year again

Post by Willow » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:00 am

Hello all,
It is exam/paper/ pull my hair out stressful time.

I could really use some blessings for motivation. I have been in school so long now I really just don't care so I am having trouble motivating myself to do any work, leaving things to the last minute. really not a good habit for me to be in. It is actually making me questions the wisdom of me doing my PhD.

I guess this request could stretch to all other students o this board, I hope everyone elses end of term is going OK.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:03 am

I'm in that Winter malaise as well, I've got assignments due in next week, but I keep procrastinating about them for some reason! And after Yule I have three exams waiting for me :-?

I'll be thinking positive thoughts for you Willow! I think it must be the time of year, everyone wants to hibernate! :lol:
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:42 am

Sends Relaxing blessings your way, I know exams and all that are stressful so I'm sending relaxing mojo your way so you can breath easier, you'll need it at some point. Good Luck on your tests and papers due.

I don't want to Hibernate during the winter I want too during the Summer, I think I'm related to the Snow Queen or something :lol:

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:20 pm

Definitely sending good vibes to all the students, I definitely know what it's like! [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:05 am

Thanks all,
I got some good news today, I have been invited to a discussion on a panel on Jewish identity at a conference in Saskatoon. I guess the bad news is that I have to go to saskatchewan, but the good news is that this could lead me to being published.

I will get bak to my paper this afternoon, I need a few minutes to celebtrate.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:15 am

All the best wishes and prayers to you. But I think the most important thing to remember is how well you've done so far and know that you will continue to do well :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:15 am

As per normal, I will keep you in my thoughts.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 10, 2006 7:27 pm

WOOT I hope you get published!

Sending relaxation and energy of my special tea your way ^_^ O_o
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:42 am

Well I thought things were going good.

I have a confession to make

I have Adhd, not "I am a kid eats too much sugar type" but "cannot sit still for more than a minute always fidgetting can outrun rooms full of screaming kids Gogogo all the time type", I have had to go to counselling to train myself how to fidget in less noticible ways and do school work when it involves sitting for long periods.

An unfortunate side effect of ADHD for some people (including me) are intense bouts of insomnia, well one has hit at about the worst time of year possible...now (started about 5 days ago). I am going on about two hours of broken sleep a night, which isn't cool during papers. I can't concetrate on the computer and when I lie down to sleep I ...well...lie there. My mind would love to sleep as it all starts to feel like one very very long day, but my body says "No way."

I could use some blessings because once I finish these papers, I have to head home to my family. The five of us share a small house and they have trouble dealing with me when I am like this because I am have to be moving all the time, even at 4:00 am, I can understand why it is hard on them. I also have to spend three days with my Fiance's family I don't want them thinking I am a freak because I can't sit still.

Anyway, these usually take about a month to run their course. I will keep drinking lots of chamomille and hope this one passes quickly! Thanks in advance for your understanding guys. I know how some people feel about ADHD.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:20 pm

Blessings, hun :hug: Hope you can sleep better soon!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:29 am

Plenty of good wishes and blessings coming your way Willow :-) I hope you have a great (and unstressful) time over the holidays!
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:20 pm

Oi!!!!

Want me to send some Reiki? Maybe Kistune & I can blast you across the ocean to see Ragnar.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:13 am

Try this and see if it works, when you lay down to go to sleep, Start at your feet and imagine them as being relaxed, completely and totally relaxed, and move all the way up your body, when you hit your head you should be sleeping, It's worth a shot.

Many relaxing blessings on the way.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:28 pm

I always appreciate Reiki from you guys,

Things are getting a bit better, I talked to my mom and I am going to stay with my fiance in Toronto for a few days and when we are visiting his family he has moved me into the library room so I can stay up all night reading.

In good news I am on ,y last round of editing for one paper then will get down to work on the second. I am re-adjusting to the sleep schedule, I have to reember to excersise because it makes what little sleep I get better.

As for the relaxation exercise, thanks sagewolf, it is one that I have tried and usually works, unfortunately by body is completley relaxed, its my mind that can't sleep, thanks for all the blessings peeps, I am hoping sleep will come soon!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:53 pm

I completely understand, I've been through that as well, I've gone sevral days without sleeping, and it is really insane and I get mad as Hel not being able to sleep, When my husband and I got married, I had gone 3 days without sleep, I bet the JP thought I was stoned or something :lol: but oh well. I am wishing you luck.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know