Need of Help!

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Need of Help!

Post by Kystar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:58 pm

Okay, First off, I want to say that this isn't for me directly.

My Mother-in-law had throat cancer back when my hubby was 18. Recently, she saw her Dr. about some tightness in her throat. They thought it was scar tissue, but did a biopsy anyways.

Turns out it's malignent. They're not sure if they want to remove her voice box entirely or if they want to try radiation, but they do need to treat it somehow. I know she's a strong lady, but I think that she could use some help right about now.

Please, please, send her whatever positive energy you can!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:02 pm

Oh no, that sounds terrible! Positive energy coming her way!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:20 am

Whatever I can!
/|\

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:55 pm

positive healing thoughts your way!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:10 pm

Wow... She (and all others asking for blessings I haven't written up on yet) is right up on my list.

I know this might not be what you want to hear in a situation like this, but I'm having strong feelings I should say this.

I really want to say that alternative therapy is a wonderful thing for cancer. If you can find someone in your area, please go for it. Even if it does not stop the tumour, it can really help the side-effects of radiation. Even you can work on her if she'll let you. Imagine that thing just burning away. It just burns away like a charcoal incense block.
Give her a torquois necklace.

Blessings to you and your mother [-o<
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:22 am

Blessings and healing thoughts, sorry it took me so long to respond back. But I agree with CHL I've read stories of visulization and how tumors and cancer just went away, even on Terminal.Good Luck.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:49 pm

My blessings go out to you....its the same time of cancer my dad had in 2002. I second the recomendation for alternative healing along with conventional healing.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:47 pm

Have her ask about pin point Cobalt radiation treatment. It's only done in a few places in the USA but it has been known to give terminal lung cancer patients an additional 15 years.

Blessings, prayers and may the Goddess/God send much strength and healing her way [-o<
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:25 pm

Just an update on my mother-in-law. She will be starting her radiation treatment soon, but they have put in her trach to try and work around the swelling that was starting in her throat.

I"m hoping things go well for her...but so far we"re not sure which way it"s going to go. :cry:

She can use all the help she can get. I am looking into a turquiose necklace for her.

And to top the whole family fiasco off, we found out tonight that my husband"s dad fell at work last week and just found out he fractured a rib! #-o

Jescissa
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Jescissa » Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:06 am

Blessings and positive power to her!

I know what you are going through, my boyfriend's mother had breast cancer last year and she's a strong woman but it knocked her for six.

Positive thoughts for you and your family also, cancer doesn't just affect the person it's happening to, the family are also affected by it.
"If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star...you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy. Goodbye." - Miss Tick, Terry Pratchett's Wee Free Men

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:31 am

Okay, back again with an update on Mom-in-law. Her dr. in DuBois messed up her trach originally, causing her to be sent to the Hospital in Pgh.

She got released on Sunday, so she was able to spend the holidays with her family...but she's now lost a lot of faith in her doctor.

Please, keep the blessings coming, as she's going through a LOT!

THANKS!

She's looking into the turquiose.

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Dec 27, 2006 6:50 am

I'm glad she got to go visit family for the Holidays, I think IMO that if you are as sick as she is and if they had made her stay in the hospital it might have made her sicker, because IMO again it would have just depressed the hell out of her.

Look for someone who Does Reiki in your area, see what you can find, It might help just to even remove negative energy so she won't get down and I know that would help alot.

Does she know your Pagan?

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57

Post by Kystar » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:21 pm

Yes, she knows I'm pagan, but she's not sure how much she believes. We don't really get in-depth.

The only problem about finding Reiki in my area is that she's not IN my area...she's two hours + driving time North.

Sigh. Thanks for the advice, though.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:42 am

Big hugs and blessings for you and your family, Thanks for all the updates.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:48 am

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"