For My Daughter

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

For My Daughter

Post by SageWolf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:48 am

I just wanted to ask if ya'll would send out blessings for my daughter, she came home with Lice Last week and I'm still fighting with it to get rid of it, She's taking it like a champ, all the washing of her hair and her bedding and all her stuff, and I just hope to be able to get all of it this time around, I've treated her 3 times so far with different things, Mayonaise and Olive oil and lice shampoo. so wish us luck that we have finallly beaten it.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Kystar
Level 57
Level 57
Zodiac: Cancer

Post by Kystar » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:08 pm

Good luck. Try bergamot oil in a rinse, and garlic in her food, if she can stand it. Bergamot is a natural bug repellant, as is garlic. Makes it so the little so-and-sos don"t like how you taste!
You say "Witch" like it's a bad thing!

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:34 pm

I use alot of Garlic in my cooking, My husband grew up without salt and now he doesn't like the taste of it, so I use different flavors to flavor my food, Salt is good in little doses, he is getting used to my adding salt to certian things, like you can't eat Corn on the cob with out salt for goddess sakes, it's just not right. Anyway, I tend to use garlic alot, but I'll try the Bergamon oil and see if it helps. I just got done combing her hair with the mid-evil tourtue device they call a nit comb (it's really hard on her because her hair is like SUPER thick) and It took me 21/2 hours to go through it but I'm not seeing any nits on the comb, so I think I beat it. :violent2: [-o< .

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:06 pm

I do not have practical advice to give you but, you have my blessings.
Hopefully all things will be fine for your daughter. All types of biting bugs have been aweful this year.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:12 pm

Blessings to your daughter for endurance and high hopes that you got all of them.

My first question would be "If you got them at school, have they checked all the other students and taken measures to eliminate them from the school?" because if not, she will just keep getting them again and again :evil:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:54 pm

I'm praying that they have I've not had a note sent home tho from the school, I've had to deal with school systems before when it comes to Lice, My son got it one year and I ended up having to take him to the DR cause the school kept saying he had nits, he didn't, I charged the school for the DR bill I was so mad about it, So I really hesitate to tell them that my daughter has Lice, I have of course informed the people who she has been in contact with to let them know so they can take the nessacary precautions, It's the only thing to do really. But if she happens to get it again I will be calling the school to inform them, I really really hate that But what else can I do?

SageWolf.

P.S. she did wonderful and was happy as a clam because she cooked her first full meal tonight without momma's assistance so it was all worth the tourture in her mind :lol: (why do they have to grow up so fast?? :cry: )

unknown as far as I know

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:39 pm

Definitely sending good vibes your way. As a kid I had to go through that torturous process more times than I care to remember. It was so often that my hair started to fall out from the chemicals in the lice shampoo. Anyway, hope all goes well with you and your daughter, and that this is the last time you'll have to do the wash-n-comb torture. [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Morgana I know the feeling, I had the same problem, not as bad as yours it sounds but I had it often as a child, I hate them and to this day I just shiver at the mere thought of the litte *%&$ers. I've gone though sevral different treatments with my daughter alone since I've had her, when she got them when she was 4, it took 6 months of fighting it but I finally used Mayonaise and beat them, we were good till now, I have heard that alot of fleas or lice is from the amount of snow or persipitation you get in the winter time, the more snow you get the less problems you will have with fleas or lice in the summer /fall times. So that could be something, I'll have to look more into it,

Anyway

I would like to thank you all for your blessings and I'll let you know how it goes.

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

katsu
Level 12
Level 12

Post by katsu » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:20 am

I went through that particular hell too. Strength to your daughter, she'll need it.
I didn't know about the mayonaise, but have you tried (watered down) Lemon juice? Because of it's acidic (duh) properties, it's a great repellant.(and it smells nice too, not like those shampoo's)
/|\

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:33 am

I had it all the time as a kid, my three siters and I all had long hair and shared hairbrushes and hats.

Tea tree oil shampoo can make your hair less inhabitible to the little hosers, short hair helps too.

I think there are a ton af natural resources online, as well PM CHL, she will probably know quite a few.

Good luck and tell your daughter we are all proud of her.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:16 am

I would tell my daughter that but she's at that age where things are "embarassing" to her so I'm learning how to be a sensitive soul again (long story) but she is getting to the point where she can like cry at will, I don't know if I EVER di that *Looks shiftily around* nah not me I was a good girl.. Umm junivinale recordsd are sealed right? :lol: :lol:

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:08 am

Update, My daughter and I got rid of All the little critters and then about 2 weeks later she came home with it again, we went to the school and had a little talk with the Princepal, We informed him of what was going on, and we had treated my daughter a total of 3 times and she came home with it again, He was very nice about it (My husband went to that school so everyone knows him and his temper :lol: ) They are "supposed" to check the children every month for the things but noone was doing the job on that, we did narrow it down that she was in fact getting it from someone in her class room, for the fact that my son didn't have it and they ride the same bus, and noone else has gotten it so far. So it had better be taken care of, I am famous for loosing my temper, I really try not to but when I see laziness and stupidity I tend to tell them how to do their jobs. Funny story on that one, I was once renting a Washer and dryer from Rent A Center and they made me mad, They forgot how to communicate, and I informed them how to do their jobs, in a not so nice way. Well they called my house when they knew my husband would be home and "requested" not to deal with me from now on, I think I made them upset :lol:

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:11 am

Ok, for the last 4 months my daughter and I have been battling lice, She has been getting it and getting it, I've talked with the school on the occasions, I finally told them yesterday that this is the last time I wanted to talk to them, next time it will NOT be pretty, I will make heads roll, I'm not happy about it at all. The nurse was very helpful with me, she asked who my daughter hangs around with who she sits next too in class and on the bus and she is doing a througho (sp) check on her class, I baught an OTC called Lice Free, it's completely pesticide free and they ask that you leave it on for AT LEAST and hour, so I put it on her head and kept it on ALL NIGHT long, almost 24 hours, I cleaned her room, and her laundry, I went out and baught new brushes for everyone in the house and I sprayed EVERYTHING ,I even sprayed the car. So Please lets hope that this time is the last time, I'm starting to get frustrated and pissed (pardon my french but I am) and I don't know what else too do, Oh and I have an appointment to get her hair cut on Friday, I think part of the problem is is that her hair is so thick I'm missing something somewhere, so we are going to thin her hair out nice and good. So wish us luck and mostly happy thoughts for my daughter, she has been an awesome trooper but I've noticed this last time it's starting to get to her, she actually cried the other night because she's so tired of it as well.

So send her happy thoughts please.

In Love and Light

SageWolf

unknown as far as I know

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:48 pm

I've never had lice (**touches wood**) but there are always fleas around, thanks to the cat and the dog. It's most satisfying to kill them. (I do feel guilty, but only a little bit. They're nasty little bugs.) I'm not sure how to deal with the lice. Pity they don't work like chicken pox, and once you get them you don't get them again.

As for the school, carpe jugulum!
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:38 pm

Well good luck and blessings to your daughter....she sounds extraordinarily patient.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)