Blessings for Samhain

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
forgotten oceans
Level 17
Level 17

Blessings for Samhain

Post by forgotten oceans » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:20 am

I just wanted to say blessings for this Samhain. This can be a rough time of the year due to Xian influences, and other everyday problems. So warm fuzzies to all! :hug:
Maybe now you're starting to understand that while I may have been born predispositioned to be pretty batty, my parents saw to it that it was a certainty and completely unavoidable. -Me

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:17 am

Many Blessings to you as well Forgotten. I'm looking forward to this Samhain, I got invited to a circle and I've decided to look into it. Of course it's a coven and they want me to join them but I'm not sure on that, but I'm going to check it out and see. Also my kids have fun trick or Treating, And 2 years ago, I didn't dress up and people asked me what I was for Halloween, I looked them in the eye and said I'm a Witch :lol: They didn't understand it's fun to play with their head sometimes.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:51 am

Is it that time again already.....

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday as we enter the darker time of the year (unless you are in crazy australia ;) )
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:40 pm

Or New Zealand, thank you very much! :lol:

I adore Beltane, but I always get a bit snappy when people ask me why I'm not celebrating Halloween. I say, "Because it was six months ago" or words to that effect, and then people stare at me like I'm mad or stupid or both, and I have to go read in the sun somewhere away from people.

**mutter**
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:27 am

Thank you very much for thinking about this. I too believe that there will be a need for extra blessings this Samhein at least to preserve our holiday.
So many groups are talking about "reclaiming" it for Christ lately that I have no idea what to think.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:19 am

Let them take back Halloween, we can keep Samhein.8-)

The only people I know who talk like that just don't let their kids dress up or go trick or treating. In Canada at least, I don't think there would be any way to take it back. But I will pray for the safety of those who are practising in hostile areas. I know some people in the Bible belt have had threats and altars destroyed. Lets have a peaceful Halloween.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:57 pm

Blessings to you as well :)

I am celebrating the entire day. I lost my grandfather this year and it will be an emotional time for me. I'm making cakes to set outside for wandering spirits.

I cannot get over how ACTIVE the night is when the nights get longer!!! I was walking with my SO, and there were dryads EVERYWHERE!!!

I shall be miles away from any dogmatic Xian ;) but blessings to those of you who are not.
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:54 pm

Good vibes all around for Halloween/Samhain, my favorite holiday! :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Kitsune
Level 70
Level 70
Zodiac: Capricorn

Post by Kitsune » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:59 pm

I only wish I lived somewhere closer to the spirits of Nature (and not the city spirits that I already know and love).

Blessings for Samhain to everyone [-o< [-o< [-o< ...

I'm hoping that this year, I can have a circle again, but most likely it'll be another meditation ritual, since I got invited to a Halloween party, and I like getting dressed up in costume when I can.
Trying to create a world, even in words, is good occupational therapy for lunatics who think they're God, and an excellent argument for Polytheism. -S.M. Stirling

http://www.bamatthews.comThe Writings and Musings of B.A. Matthews

Wbdsgnr1

Post by Wbdsgnr1 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:40 pm

Happy Samhain to all!! :)

This is kinda a special Samhain for me, Im back in Cali again and its my daughters first Samhain so shes going to get dressed up and go trick or treating. I doubt I will be able to have Circle tho even tho I really want to....

BB

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:27 pm

=D> WOO HOO!!! =D>

:-D Happy Happy Samhain to one and all... :lol: Looking very forward to that day indeed.

:lol: Not just to scare the local kiddies and then fattent hem up with treats, but to honor my spirited loved ones lost. [-o<

Blessings to all of you.
:-D
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"