Preventative Blessings

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:38 am

a colonospopy is when they put a camera p your bum, they will make you do 1 of 2 things to clean out your sysytem, you will either do enima's or they will make you drink a foul smelling brew, of course you won't be allowed to eat for 2 days or so. and your sysytem must be COMPLETELY cleaned out. they are not bad because they give you a genral or a local and make you really relaxed before they even start.you don't feel anything.

I understand the scraping hard enough to make you bleed, When they did that to me I bled too, it was a biopsy to make sure it was non cancerous cells, it sucks but it had to be done.I was given some tylonal before they did it so that helped, My suggestion is too just take it easy for the next couple of days, you've earned it. Take a day off :-D .

Many Blessings and I hope you feel better, I"m sendng healing energy your way.

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:53 am

I think you mean a colposcopy Willow (not sure of the spelling, but thats the way it sounds. Never went for the colposcopy so I don't know exactly what it intails. Sending good vibes your way still... [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:17 pm

The test your doctor is saying comes next, I have had. Unpleasant, but bearable. They cut a few bits off of your cervix with a spoon shaped miniature razor blade for testing. They spray an anesthetic on you first but it still pinches a bit.

The test you NEVER EVER want to have done without twilight sedation is an inter-uterine biopse (spelling? Where is the cow when you need her?). My doctor at the first time said it would only take her about 30 seconds and it wouldn't hurt at all. It took over 2 minutes and the pain was so bad I was shaking, sweating and couldn't move. She asked how I was and I said "You lied" to which she replied "If I'd told you the truth you wouldn't have let me do it." She is NOT my doctor any more. The second time my doctor didn't even TELL me that was the test he planned to do, he couldn't get my cervix dialated (he was trying to do it so fast, like he was in a hurry or something, that the nurse was cringing), I was literally screaming in pain, blood everywhere and he got angry and said "It's YOUR fault, you've never had children, I can't do this so, FINE, I won't do it." stormed out of the office and told the nurse to give me a couple of Ibuprohen - which I am so allergic to it would have put me into the emergency room in 15 minutes. I actually believe that particular doctor had a substance abuse problem - and no, he is no longer my doctor either :evil:
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:15 am

Holy Moly Stormy, I can't believe a doctor would do that. It is better if they tell you something is going to hurt so you can discuss options to make it hurt less. Stupid Doctor.

And Morgana I think you are right. the thing Sagewolf described doesn't dound quite right for this series of tests.

And Story I miss the cow too, is there a way to bring it back?
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:48 am

Well good news on all fronts, I had to go back for that third thing colscopy ? (I should have asked the doc to spell it). But it all came back negative. Unfortunatley I am on a watch now which means I have to get tested every six months instead of every year for somethign like the next two years.

Thanks for all the blessings and understanding. It's nice to be able to be neurotic sometimes :lol:
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)