Preventative Blessings

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Preventative Blessings

Post by Willow » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:05 am

Hey all, I need a few blesings,

I went in for my physical and the doc found some abnormal cells. Anyway, when I see the doc next week I am getting a follow up test. At the best, it is a false positive (which is what I want) at the worst it is early signs of cervical cancer (which I don't want) with a variety of possibilities in between. I haven't told my partner and I don't plan too until I know more as he tends to get a little over stressed at things like this and fear the worst, as such I need positive around me right now.

I am young and healthy and I get a phsycial every year so if it is anything I bet I can beat it (in fact I plan too). I am just going to hope it was a wonko test and go from there. Regardless, I could use a few blessings that I keep myself in as good of spirits as I am now and that it really is nothing. And that I won't need any needles [-o<. I will be sure to keep you all posted.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Wbdsgnr1

Post by Wbdsgnr1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 am

Warm light blessings to you, stay positive and your in my thoughts.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:53 pm

Blessings and a big hug to you too.

And a bit of comforting advice - "abnormal" cells are a fairly common occurance. I've had them myself and know many, many women who have and it was never cancer. Most often they are caused by you having some sort of virus or other at the time of the test and will be gone with a re-test. But I know, it is nerve wracking until you know for sure.
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

SageWolf
Level 24
Level 24

Post by SageWolf » Wed Oct 11, 2006 5:20 pm

My thoughts and well wishes are with you sending calming unstressful energy your way Good Luck..

And as CrazyHealerLady says abnormal cells are fairly common, I've had them as well and nothing has come of it. Also if your with your man intimately at least 3 days before believe it or not can effect the test results. I learned that the hard way :lol: But like I said calming energy going your way...

SageWolf
To Error is Human, To really foul things up Requires a Computer.

unknown as far as I know

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:14 pm

Yeah, I had an abnormal pap myself and nothing came of it. It's just a pain cuz then the doc wants you to come back every six months rather than every year for a while, but once you come back negative several consecutive times it goes back to the normal annual visit. Calming vibes your way though, and hopes that it's nothing more than the "once in a blue moon" abnormal pap. [-o<
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Wed Oct 11, 2006 11:56 pm

**sends happy thoughts**

Isn't there a vaccine now? Or there will be soon, anyway.... Yay vaccines... I mean it's just for a virus associated with cervical cancer but hey, everything helps, right?

Happy thoughts, anyway. [-o< Hope it all turns out okay.
si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:22 am

Thanks alll, that is exactly what I needed to hear.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:10 pm

:hug:

You're absolutely FINE

Like Stormy said, many women have abnormal cells. I know, actually, very few who haven't had a scare.

And my mom had cervical cancer. She's 100% fine.

You're great. Don't worry about it. Deep breaths. You're healthy. No problemo.
Blessings your way for calm, for the situation, and for everything else, and huge hugs. [-o< :hug:
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:52 am

THanks CHL, and I haven't seen you online lately. I hope Chris is doing ok and things are well with you.

I have not internet at home yet *grumble* Stupid Bell Canada *grumble* So I am never sure who I am missing.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

FyreGarnet
Level 17
Level 17
Zodiac: Aquarius

Post by FyreGarnet » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:03 pm

Blessings and good luck to you. I've heard, as well, that almost all women have at least one abnormal pap in their lives. My friend just had a yeast infection, lol. But it still scared her.

And here I am, looking at having to have my first physical ever. I'm going to have to go sometime soon, it's only a matter of time. I'm 22, nearing 23, it has to happen. But it's nerve racking just thinking about making the appointment. And hoping to god I get the female doctor, and having to worry about getting totally naked......Gah.

FyreGarnet
The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs want to smell everyone's rear and cats want every one to smell THEIR rear - unknown

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:10 pm

Oh you aren't totally naked...They wrap you in a paper sheet LOL.

Just breathe and relax, the exam isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:12 pm

Miles beannachta
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:56 pm

I've had this happen to me and it is scary. I completely know your fears on this matter.
My blessings are for you and I have my fingers crossed.
:sunny: >:D<

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:43 pm

THanks CHL, and I haven't seen you online lately. I hope Chris is doing ok and things are well with you.
Things are going well :)

Busy busy busy busy

Chris is almost healed!! He can almost go back to work!!!

I haven't been online lately :( I went to Vernon, and lotsa stuff to do...
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:36 am

Had the docs appointment today. I have to wait up to six weeks for the results.

HOwever she scraped so hard I bled, that has never happenned before. Other than that she was a really nice doctor and was very understanding about my fear of needles...what a great change.

She said the nest step is a colonoscopy (SP) or something? Ia m not sure what that is but hopefully it will be a non-issue.

Will keep you all posted and thanks for the good thoughts.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)