Vacation Trip Blessings

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Vacation Trip Blessings

Post by morgana » Sun Sep 10, 2006 6:18 pm

Ok, I feel slightly guilty even posting this, but my mom and I are going on a 2 week trip to New York for 2 days, England for 3 days, and then Scotland for a little over a week. I've never been to any of those places before, so I'm really excited, especially about Scotland. Anyway, I get nervous about plane rides since I've only been on a plane twice, so I just wanted to ask for blessings for a safe journey, and for some calming vibes to be sent to my cats. They have separation anxiety and tend to freak out when we go away. Anyway, everyone else's more serious issues should naturally come first, but if you have the time and the energy, then it would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

PS-Any advice on best places to see, what to do/not do, say/not say once we get over to London and Scotland would also be appreciated from those who have been there before or live there as the case may be. Thanks again! :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:11 am

I presume you will be going to Edinburgh any way. But Really worth seeing, if you have the time, is the Scottish North west coast, between Thurso and Glencoe. THATS where the mountains are.

In Edinburgh it's self. behind Waverley station is Cockburn Street (Pronounced Coh burn). About half way up on the left(going up hill) is a pub that looks like it was decorated by Dracula. Real Victorian/new Gothic.

Right at the top of the hill is The Royal Mile. To the right is the castle, going to the left, you eventualy come to Holyrood house. Where the Queeny type hangs out when she is in the city for a few pints with the lads.

Candle makers row and Grassmarket are also well worth a visit. Thats off to the left when going up toward the castle.

In England Try Chester. Great small city, with many of the medeavel buildings still there and in use.

London. About twenty miles from the city center, on the M1 is the best place in all London to see. It is a big blue sign on the Motorway that sais "Thank you for visiting. Please come again". Next to it is another big sign with "Scotland and the North" written on it. GREAT place.

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:40 am

Considering that I REFUSE to fly, I can understand your anxiety ;)
Blessings and calm to you, your mom and your kitties! [-o<
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:11 am

Thanks for the sight-seeing advice Ragnar! Yes we will be staying in Edinburgh. That pub sounds right up my alley, and I'll definitely see about checking out those other places too.

Also thanks for the blessings Stormy! :-D

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:09 am

In my prayers [-o<

Good luck! I've always wanted to go!! (Ireland first!! If I'm getting on a plane, the Emerald Isle better be the first thing I see when I get off!!!! :evil: The only thing I think I'd be okay crashing on the way to or from ;) )
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Dematrah
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Dematrah » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:35 pm

Oh I love flying! And I'd love to go visit the places you are!

Happy, calming kitty vibes to the cats. We figured out when I was younger to talk (yes, -talk-) to them and tell them in advance if something "big" was going to happen, and it has worked out rather well. They weren't as stressed about it and took it in better stride than they had before.

Blessings for a safe and happy trip to you!

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:57 pm

Thanks guys. CHL, Ireland will definitely be next on my list of places to go before I die, trust me. But Scotland, being that I am mostly Scottish in heritage, had to come first for me.

Dematrah, tried it. Doesn't work. They just get freaked out in advance, and my mom's cat has colitis (chronic diarrhea) when she's stressed, so no need to get that started way before it's time to leave! :roll:

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:48 pm

Many blessings and prayers for comfort and safty upon you, your mom and your kitties.

I too get very uncomfortable on plane rides... here's a few things I do:

As I get on the plane, I kiss my fingers (on my projective hand ;) ) and touched the outside of it, askiing the PTB's to [-o< bless the plane, it's crew and it's passengers. I tell the plane that i love it, not out loud but with my heart.

As I am waiting for take off, I breath deeply and meditate a bit, calming myself, stilling myself and then imagine looking at the plane from the top and trace a huge pentgram over the plane, encircling it, protecting it.

GOOD LUCK! and have fun! :-D
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:06 pm

I hope you have a safe and happy trip, I love flying so I can't relate but I hope it goes well for you.

Say hi to scotland for me.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:44 pm

Brat :p

Seriously... god/dess(es) go with you... and may you have much pleasure on your trips

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:09 am

I wish you the best of luck and fun on your trip. Just remember not to get caught in the moment and leave your common sence at home. ;)

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:34 am

Well I'm back, and glad to be back. The trip was amazing, but toward the last few days I was definitely ready to come home. I took lots of pics and will probably post a link to them once I get them loaded onto my computer. Scotland is absolutely beautiful, I definitely recommend that everyone go at least once in their lives, whether you're Scottish or not. The sense of history you get while you're there is incredible, especially for people living in the US, a baby compared to how long Scotland and England have been around. Anyway, I'll be posting those pics soon so keep an eye out! :-)

PS: CHL, I remember you saying the first thing you wanted to see was the Emerald Isle. Actually that was the first piece of land we flew over before landing in London. ;)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:09 am

Welcome back... Glad you had a safe and wonderous trip. I hope to be doing the european thing within a couple of years myself.

Wassail
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:22 am

Link to pics now posted in the Art thread, check 'em out. :-D

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:20 am

Welcome back and I am glad you had fun.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)