Writers Block

Kinda like a prayer chain ...
Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Writers Block

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:04 pm

So, I need some blessings for another paper.

I am finishing up the last paper of my masters (my thesis) and I have just become so sick of it that I cry everytime I look at it now. I am trying desperately to finish it before the deadline (Sept 20th). But to add more stress I have already started my PhD classes so I am already behind in my new program.

I look at the paper and all I see is crap crap and more crap. I am suffering from sever imposter syndrome rigth now (Am I really smart enough to do a PhD and such) so I would appreciate all the help I can get. Both to stay on top of the new stuff and finish up the old.

Plus there is a big jerk in my new class who has zeroed in on my Libra ways. He contradicts everything I say and get s real kick out of letting me know when I am wrong and correcting me in front of the clas. I am trying not to let him ruin my expereince but he is just so creep I can barely even look at him.

Anyway, this went longer than I intended. Thanks in advance for all the blessings people.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

morgana
Level 22
Level 22

Post by morgana » Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:28 pm

Sending some good vibes your way. I know what it's like, the whole writer's block thing. Especially since I'm not always good at elaborating. When writing a paper I tend to be very to-the-point, which is bad when you have a certain number of words to meet.

As for the guy getting under your skin, try and beat him at his own game. Contradict what he says, and definitely point out when HE'S wrong. Nobody likes to be made a fool of in front of a class.

PS-You're definitely smart enough to do a PhD! We believe in you! :-D
"Love like you've never been hurt."

Crazy Healer Lady
Zodiac: Libra

Post by Crazy Healer Lady » Sat Sep 09, 2006 6:58 pm

Dear you are in my prayers. You can do it!! You know how smart you are!! Keep up the good work!! Woot for Willow!!

Heh heh your new cheerleader has found a cheer ;)
Crazy Healer Lady
Health and happiness to you!

The purpose of a relationship is not to have another who might complete you, but to have another with whom you might share your completeness. -CWG

Windwalker
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Windwalker » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:15 pm

I have a dissertation due on the 22nd so I can definitely sympathize! I am so damn sick of place cells.... **mutter**

But! I have a charm from Llewellyn's spell-a-day almanac from a couple of years ago that may be of use to you, for killing writer's block. However I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post that sort of thing here so if you'd like it drop me a message and I'll send it to you.

GOOD LUCK - it'll be over soon.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:27 am

sure, feel free to pm it too me.
I think you can post most stuff so long as it is mildly relevant and G-rated though.

edited to add:
just as an update, i submitted what I hope is a final draft today that I willo nly have to make a few changes of then I can send it too the publishers. I cna't get my funding at my new school until this is done so wish me luck on a speedy return and very few corrections. I had to almost sompletely re-write my last draft.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

MettaPax
Level 5
Level 5

Post by MettaPax » Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:51 pm

GOOD LUCK! :-D
And may the PTB's guide your mind and fingers to victorious writing and masterful things! =D>

[-o< [-o< [-o<
Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.
-Yoda

"The path of true happiness is one of integrating and fully accepting all aspects of our experience." - Sharon Salzberg from "Loving Kindness"

Stormy

Post by Stormy » Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:47 am

Just KNOW that you are more than up to the challange and you'll be just fine. Heck, WE all know you can do it :-D
Stormy ~~}~}-:>
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:43 am

Stormy wrote:Just KNOW that you are more than up to the challange and you'll be just fine. Heck, WE all know you can do it :-D
Just to say I add a BIG "seconded" to that proposal. ;)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:39 pm

Ansuz Raidho Kenaz (Inspiration Journey to Creativity)...

Blessings to you

Wassail!
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:06 pm

Here is what Runewulf said as a bind rune;

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:30 am

Thanks all, i just got an e-mail back from my prof, gist of it is that I wil only have a few minor revisisons, it is till going to cut it close with all my deadlines though.

Thanks for all the blessings and I will keep you posted. I am off to dow ork for next weeks class!
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)

runewulf
Zodiac: Scorpio

Post by runewulf » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:23 pm

Found a good Futhark font there Ragnar? ~chuckles~ I need to do so myself... thanks for the conversion... Figured that would be the cleanest bind using the triune for power boost for writers block.

Thanks again,

Wassail.
http://cajungypsy.blogspot.com

Ragnar

Post by Ragnar » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:35 am

runewulf wrote:Found a good Futhark font there Ragnar?
Yup. I design them and my Wife writes the programmes.

Lotus
Level 27
Level 27
Zodiac: Aries

Post by Lotus » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:00 am

Sorry I got to this late.

Good luck on the deadlines and the home bound sprint. I'm sure you will do fine.

BB
Lotus
I have not been the same since that house fell on my sister.

Willow
Level 86
Level 86

Post by Willow » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:46 am

:supz: :partyman: \:D/

Whoot!

Its all signed off. I just have to fix a few spelling errors then it is ready for publishing.

This is what sucks about living in a new city though. I want to go party my :bootyshake: off, but there is no one around here.

Oh well, I will rent myself a movie, get a bottle of wine and have a relaxing night in. I deserve it now!

Thanks for the blessings guys, you helped me get through (yet another) stressful time.
Dr. Seuss (1904 - 1991)